Halo 4 seems more Team-based

Halo 4 now looks like its more Team-Based now more than ever to me and with these specializations that we see it looks like you have to have a Team all with different Specializations to be the Ultimate KA-POW! But in every single Multiplayer game I have played most of the time no one wants to work together. How would we be able to work with some of the Team Based Specializations like Operator if someone doesn’t want to be apart of the “team”?

Forced game chat!!!

Yeah, for the most part at least.

There isn’t much of anything with oomf for lone wolves, guy who ignores entire team.

No perk/modification/weapon/bonus is going to make the game more “team-based”.

Communicate with your team or forget team focus.

I guess my only solution would be to just be on the Mic all the time like if I was using Stalker “Hey come to my Waypoint, there’s some enemies over here. Kill them if you want.” or Operator “Hey I’m a Operator jump in my Hog!”

> No perk/modification/weapon/bonus is going to make the game more “team-based”.
>
> Communicate with your team or forget team focus.

He is saying that these abilities can help make players focus more on teamwork.

As in mixing and matching loadouts and abilities to make a kind of dream team thing. Of course, there will always be lone wolves who act alone, but with the right amount of winning bonuses or other teamwork promoting additions, it can make players want to work together and go for the objective.

While i doubt mlg will take advantage of it. I think the specializations could add an interesting meta-game to team compositions.

Halo: Reach was a more team focused style of playing Halo. A lot of people complained about it.

> Halo 4 now looks like its more Team-Based now more than ever to me and with these specializations that we see it looks like you have to have a Team all with different Specializations to be the Ultimate KA-POW! But in every single Multiplayer game I have played most of the time no one wants to work together. How would we be able to work with some of the Team Based Specializations like Operator if someone doesn’t want to be apart of the “team”?

3 out of 8 of the specs seem to be team focused, with pioneer, wetworks,tracker,rogue seeming to be lone wolf specs.

Also engineer will mostly just be used by people who want to have all the power weapons not by someone who will communicate where they are. I guess you could count pathfinder as a team spec as it does make vehicle weapons more useful. so 4 out of 8.

> > Halo 4 now looks like its more Team-Based now more than ever to me and with these specializations that we see it looks like you have to have a Team all with different Specializations to be the Ultimate KA-POW! But in every single Multiplayer game I have played most of the time no one wants to work together. How would we be able to work with some of the Team Based Specializations like Operator if someone doesn’t want to be apart of the “team”?
>
> 3 out of 8 of the specs seem to be team focused, with pioneer, wetworks,tracker,rogue seeming to be lone wolf specs.
>
> Also engineer will mostly just be used by people who want to have all the power weapons not by someone who will communicate where they are. I guess you could count pathfinder as a team spec as it does make vehicle weapons more useful. so 4 out of 8.

So four Specializations for Team Players and four specializations for Lone Players. This definitely makes things more strategic in planning.

> While i doubt mlg will take advantage of it. I think the specializations could add an interesting meta-game to team compositions.

Why wouldn’t they? Who says that the arena playstyle of previous Halo games is the only way to play, or the only way to promote skillful, balanced play? A class based shooter based on teamwork could work very well in MLG and highl level play, provided there is measurable skill and teamwork AND the game is fun to watch and drives viewers.

American football isn’t played with 11 Quarterbacks you know. Everyone does their part to help the team win. This philosophy could still work well in competitive high level play.

MLG has shown to be very stubborn in what it considers to be competitive gameplay, at least in opinion. I think they could have handled Reach much better than they did.

> > While i doubt mlg will take advantage of it. I think the specializations could add an interesting meta-game to team compositions.
>
> Why wouldn’t they? Who says that the arena playstyle of previous Halo games is the only way to play, or the only way to promote skillful, balanced play? A class based shooter based on teamwork could work very well in MLG and highl level play, provided there is measurable skill and teamwork AND the game is fun to watch and drives viewers.
>
> American football isn’t played with 11 Quarterbacks you know. Everyone does their part to help the team win. This philosophy could still work well in competitive high level play.

That got me thinking. Specializations, there’s your competitive ranking system guys. You got a team you can be competitive.

Form a team and go own some BKs … or you could just go in with your specializations and play lone wolf style.

> Form a team and go own some BKs … or you could just go in with your specializations and play lone wolf style.

Team Play is always more fun in a team game. lol

Also being that we unlock some armor during ranking the specializations. Does anyone think we may unlock a whole armor set for a set number of ranks in the time before we start Specializations like I’m talking Recon, Hazop, and the stuff we saw a while ago. We unlock all the armor in Halo 4 through leveling up?

We know there will be other armors that are unlocked from 343 similar to recon in h3. As for achievement based and other ways, it is currently unknown.

> Also being that we unlock some armor during ranking the specializations. Does anyone think we may unlock a whole armor set for a set number of ranks in the time before we start Specializations like I’m talking Recon, Hazop, and the stuff we saw a while ago. We unlock all the armor in Halo 4 through leveling up?

Through leveling up, yes. and quite a few armor sets are unlocked through the specialization system.