Halo 4 Scoring System

Alright Halo community, there are many things that are very much liked in the First Look video, and many things that are very much not liked. I’m not going to go into details about sprint, the so-called “perks”, or Armour Abilities, but one small thing that should bother any faithful Halo fan. The 3-digit scoring system with medals, and not kills as seen in this video in the top and bottom right corner.

It may be small and nothing to some people, but for me I’ve always liked the kills shown or objectives per team/player on the scoreboard. There has been nothing wrong with that scoring system for as long as Halo as ever existed, so there shouldn’t be a reason to change it. Changes at all scare some avid Halo fans but to ruin our beloved scoring system that has survived to this date: Pure Blasphemy.

If you agree or have anything else to say, Please do.

Theres already a thread for this —> Watch the best in esports live - MLG

Not all of us have a Major League Gaming forum account.

Maybe you see your kills when you press the back button on your controller?

> Theres already a thread for this —> Watch the best in esports live - MLG

There isn’t one on the official Halo site. -___-

343 would’ve learned nothing from Bungie’s example if they won’t let the players fully tweak the scoring options. I’d have some faith.

> Not all of us have a Major League Gaming forum account.

Don’t need one to view the thread.

> > Not all of us have a Major League Gaming forum account.
>
> Don’t need one to view the thread.

Some people like voicing their thoughts ^

This is probably just ONE game type.

It should stay how it’s always been, there is no reason to change it.

If they want to make it a new gametype or slayer variant fine, but if it’s the default scoring -Yoink- them.

This was the question I asked them in the QnA thread so hopefully the answer.

> Maybe you see your kills when you press the back button on your controller?

Or maybe this is dedicated to certain playlists. I would not like this at all :confused:

after playing btb heavies, which has a scoring system kinda like it. i really don’t mind either way. objective points though would help like in 2 flag slayer

I believe 343 knows they wouldn’t get rid of our classic system that we all know and love.

However, i think they’ll make an exclusive gametype or playlist for their new system.