Halo 4 Sangheili active camo question

This may just be me, but I have a question about the active camo of the Sangheili in Halo 4. In Halo 4, there are two occasions where a Sangheili active camo is taken, not being integrated into the armor. The first is in the mission Requiem when you enter the first Forerunner structure and you kill the Sangheili, Cortana says that Elite dropped its camo. The second is after Madsen kills Gek, Thorne scavenges his armor and picks up his active camo. I always believed the active camo with Sangheili was integrated into the armor and not attached. This may just be me though, your thoughts?

It’s both. Remember the pickups in all the earlier Halos? As well as the dedicated Stealth Elites?

I always took the first one as being a gameplay thing where it was teaching new players about armour abilities. The active camo from Spartan Ops though is the one I always thought if as weird.

> 2533274953123640;2:
> It’s both. Remember the pickups in all the earlier Halos? As well as the dedicated Stealth Elites?

I always assumed it was both as well.

I actually have a theory on this that I’ve used as ‘Headcanon-Till-Disproven’ since Reach, as follows:

We have two, maybe three forms of AC systems. Spoiler tags used to conserve space.

> System A:

Active Camouflage System, Integrated. Module appears to draw power from specialized (usually unshielded) armor, rendering the user permanently and completely camouflaged until/unless module failure or user death, regardless of movement speed or weapon firing. Seen in Halo: CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3.

I’ve always assumed here that Stealths are mostly unshielded because their armor can’t provide enough power for both, and armor that could would be incredibly cost and material prohibitive, thus Shielded+Invis are rare. The only time I can recall off top-of-head that shielded AC users have existed as definitely not a result of difficulty/skull settings is in Halo 2: the Arbiter’s allies have combat harnesses that have shielding systems and toggle Active Camo.

It is also possible that these Elites were actually equipped with a version of the System B module below, however. It is also my belief that Thel’s cloaking in Halo 2 is an archaic version of System B.

> System B:

Active Camouflage Module, Supplementary. This is your Plug’N’Play version that can be slapped onto any compatible system, or in other words, this is the recharging Armor Ability version of the tech. Mark V(B) in 2552 and GEN2 [Assorted] in 2558 both share an ancestor with most Covenant technology in that they’re both based on Forerunner technologies, which could explain their relatively effortless compatibility across both seemingly disparate platforms.

For most needs for Active Camouflage, this system will suffice and can also provide much higher adaptability per-encounter using the same set of gear. B-type systems provide their own recycling source of short-term reusable power that doesn’t draw from the armor’s own power much if at all allowing the user to maintain full shielding strength throughout use.

It’s primary drawback is its unstable method of using non-integrated hardware to bend light to achieve the ‘invisibility’ effect, resulting in flickering and near-failure of the effect when moving rapidly or firing a weapon, as well as its EM emissions interfering with real-time radar sensors around the user.

I think that the Equipment [Halo 3] version is either a more powerful One-Off type of this, or it’s a hardcase portable variant of System C.

> System C:

Nano-Cloud Reactive Camouflage. This is your Multiplayer pickup/campaign power-up version of the ability. Using reactive nanotechnologies run by a short-term internal power array and instant wireless communication, these tiny nano robots can bend light between one another around the user without interfering in the user’s local systems whatsoever.

More than likely a Forerunner technology in its entirety, this version of the Active Camouflage technology is the most stable with the fewest drawbacks. User maintains full mobility and sensor functionality while remaining entirely concealed for the duration of the system’s power and without emitting a telling jamming radius around themselves.

> 2533274840469109;1:
> This may just be me, but I have a question about the active camo of the Sangheili in Halo 4. In Halo 4, there are two occasions where a Sangheili active camo is taken, not being integrated into the armor. The first is in the mission Requiem when you enter the first Forerunner structure and you kill the Sangheili, Cortana says that Elite dropped its camo. The second is after Madsen kills Gek, Thorne scavenges his armor and picks up his active camo. I always believed the active camo with Sangheili was integrated into the armor and not attached. This may just be me though, your thoughts?

There are multiple active camo devices.
Gek had one, There is also the AA one in Halo 4 known as Type-3 camo. In canon active camo does not wear off as you move you can see this when Sangheili move in all Halo games when they are not controlled by the player, even is halo 4 Sangheili moving with camo are completely invisible both in gameplay and cutscenes.

Now some armour variants like the Infiltrator and Arbiter harness (though of SpecOps Sangheili in halo reach) have a built in active camo system.

Not from here but… I don’t know why some seem to have such a hard time accepting different active camouflage implementation methods…

> 2533274809220485;7:
> Not from here but… I don’t know why some seem to have such a hard time accepting different active camouflage implementation methods…

LMAO.
Faber of Will and Might. I see you still have trouble remembering that we have even played together and you were trying for like half an hour to pronounce my GT. LOL

Meanwhile, I will agree with you on how I cannot understand why people cannot understand that there is a variety of implementation methods for active camo.

All this discussion about Halo 4 Active Camo and not one word about Madsen’s impaired vision. Seriously, that guy needs some contact lenses.

> 2533274809220485;7:
> Not from here but… I don’t know why some seem to have such a hard time accepting different active camouflage implementation methods…

Brandishes sword

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

I think its just both