Halo 4 Sales reach 8 Million

Click Here for VGChartz Sale figures

At 8.11 million copies sold and back in the top 10 selling chart, Halo 4 is now on track to surpass Halo 2 at 8.5 million. Although still some way to go for Halo 3 at 11.5 million sales. Halo 4 is showing it can still steadily rack up more copies sold.

I created the 7 million sales thread back in January 2013 and was suprised to see it at 8 million now. Most games are lucky to break a million sales, therefore this is quite some achievement/feat for a new company, existing franchise or not.

Therefore thought it was time for an update. Like everyone else, I want to continue to see the franchise flourish and every little bit counts.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Inb4 the “Who cares this game sux”, “Lol, 8 million sales but look at the pop”, or “Yoink 343i” comments

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

>

Inb4 Halo 4 is succeeding cuz sales, and dis is trotally relevwnt to hao halo 5 well suxceed.

>

Touché

You generally have to purchase the game before you decide you don’t like it. I wonder how many people are still playing Halo 4? I’m certainly not, and I bought the Limited Edition. That’s a mistake I won’t be repeating.

> You generally have to purchase the game before you decide you don’t like it. I wonder how many people are still playing Halo 4? I’m certainly not, and I bought the Limited Edition. That’s a mistake I won’t be repeating.

A mistake I’m not making either. Seriously, All the other limited editions gave you something special.

Less people on xbox live, less people with an xbox back in 2002, and 2007.

I haven’t played in months.

This game’s multiplayer is atrocious and removing Firefight was not a good move, IMO.

I stopped playing the game as well but I still wanted to celebrate the fact that the franchise is still strong and 343 couldn’t have asked for better sales figures. They have matched Bungie in sales.

You what would be an even more interesting statistic? How many people traded this game in or got rid of it.

My copy of the game came free with my xbox along with Skyrim & Forza MotorSport.
I didnt play H4 for the 1st 3 months of having it was to busy with Skyrim, Darksiders 2 & Prototype 2, the latter both games I went out & bought.
Personally as I have never played any Halo game before I would never have gone out & paid for this game which I might add is still as much as £42 in some shops.
Cant get me off the damn game now tho I might add & even after playing for 3 months I am still rubbish at MM haha

You know what would be a much better statistic to look at than total units sold? A graph of units sold over time.

Halo 4 was riding on false promises, hype and past Halo’s success.

The same will most likely happen to Halo 5 as well, it’ll be overhyped, talk about gameplay changes that lead to nowhere and talk about “halo’s roots” in order to bring the old birds back. If that happens, and they pull the same story for Halo 6, I’d be surprised if they manage to be on any top game selling charts that year.

I certainly can’t disagree with you Naqser. I’m afraid that Halo 4 is the last sales peak in the franchise and the franchise will morph into Capcom franchises like the new DMC or Resident Evil 6 games which had terrible sales for AAA games.

If I could pull trade in and how many people sold their game, believe me I wish I could. It would be a hilarious statistic.

I paid for the 2000 points map pass and I’m glad I did it to support the franchise but I’m also glad to sell the game and move on to other things. I found my copy of Halo 3, will probaly go back to that for my fix of Halo in the future.

> I certainly can’t disagree with you Naqser. I’m afraid that Halo 4 is the last sales peak in the franchise and the franchise will morph into Capcom franchises like the new DMC or Resident Evil 6 games which had terrible sales for AAA games.
>
> If I could pull trade in and how many people sold their game, believe me I wish I could. It would be a hilarious statistic.
>
> I paid for the 2000 points map pass and I’m glad I did it to support the franchise but I’m also glad to sell the game and move on to other things. I found my copy of Halo 3, will probaly go back to that for my fix of Halo in the future.

I’m not trying to convince you or anything, as it’s just speculation, but here are some of the key parts I think they are going to use in the campaign to sell Halo 5:

Learned from our mistakes with Halo 4: With this they’ll pull stories of what went wrong with Halo 4, what they learned and how they “improved” Halo 5 compared to Halo 4.

Follow up: After the initial stories they’ll explain the additions and make new promises as to how Halo 5 will work and so on, most likely will the competitive scene get a lot of attention in this phase, just as it did with Halo 4.

The expanded universe: Books will be released, action figures made and a more expensive live action series about the Didact, Halsey, the Arbiter or whatever they can think of will be made and used like FuD was used.

Game commercials: CGI commercials will be made of course in order to get some TV screen time, youtube commercial time and where ever there’s a screen capable of showing it.

Big guns: As if that wasn’t enough, I bet they’ll use pro competitive gamers, again, to test play the game only during that “new game” feeling.

This is basicly the Halo 4 campaign, only that the Halo 5 campaign would be larger, and have the additional “we learned from our mistakes” part.

Successful game. Successful franchise.

> I certainly can’t disagree with you Naqser. <mark>I’m afraid that Halo 4 is the last sales peak in the franchise and the franchise will morph into Capcom franchises like the new DMC or Resident Evil 6 games which had terrible sales for AAA games.</mark>
>
> If I could pull trade in and how many people sold their game, believe me I wish I could. It would be a hilarious statistic.
>
> I paid for the 2000 points map pass and I’m glad I did it to support the franchise but I’m also glad to sell the game and move on to other things. I found my copy of Halo 3, will probaly go back to that for my fix of Halo in the future.

As much as I am disappointed with H4 multiplayer (not campaign), it pales compared to how low the Resident Evil series have dropped. RE is a perfect example of what happens when you stray too far from your core gameplay. RE was SO awesome when it was just static images, before RE4. The first RE scared the sh** out of me back in the day (REmake on the GameCube was one of the best looking game I played) and I loved that game for that. You were this weak little human trying to survive a total nightmare with only a few guns and scarce ammo. Later they changed the formula for RE4 and it bummed me out, even if it was still a good game. But for me RE4 is when RE series lost its soul. RE6 is a complete disaster and basically a long and never ending series of quick time events. That game, that I payed full price just sent my brain in a global meltdown. And characters who could barely carry two guns in the first games are now walking tanks, and yet still have to fight the same Boss 8 times before its actually dead. RE7 will definitely be a rent before a its buy.

So of course sale are going to drop. I fear this is what awaits H5. Also, having to buy a new console in order to play it won’t help the situation.

There were also only 24 million xbox’s when Halo 2 was out compared to the over 80 million that are in circulation today.

8 million is trash in a ratio comparison. The only reason the sales are that high is because the overall population has increased significantly.

As for the population, shows how many people continued to play. Halo 3 averaged over 350k on average.

The game being at 35 bucks last time I checked a few weeks ago at a retail store is probably helping. Unlike other new games like COD which is still 60 bucks.

From the same source:

Halo 3 11.76 million
Halo: Reach 9.42

> > You generally have to purchase the game before you decide you don’t like it. I wonder how many people are still playing Halo 4? I’m certainly not, and I bought the Limited Edition. That’s a mistake I won’t be repeating.
>
> A mistake I’m not making either. Seriously, All the other limited editions gave you something special.

I have decided that I won’t be standing in line for the midnight release of Halo 5. Instead I will wait for reviews to tell me if 343i listened to the true fan base or not. That aside, it would have to be a knock off of Halo 3 and to some degree Reach for me to consider buying a new XBOX if the next gen XBOX is required to play it.

when I stood in line at midnight for Halo 4, I was like the 10th or so in line. Never in my wildest imagination did I think I was purchasing CoD… It said “Halo” on the CD cover.