halo 4 requires 8gb in order to play question

so 343 industries said halo 4 required 8gb free on your xbox in order to play halo 4 i own a 4gb console and im broke so bying a hard drive is not an option so i decided to by an 8gb non sandisk flash drive to play but then it said that i only had had 6.3 gb free on my flash drive insted of 8 and that the remaining space is reserved for system use so how am i gonna play halo 4 if when i buy a 8gb flash drive im not getting the full 8gb availible on my xbox someone PLEASE HELP ME

To my knowledge, you can use memory sticks with sizes up to 16GB, so your best bet would be to buy a 16GB one and configure that for Xbox storage.

It’s like that with everything. If you for example have a 20gb HDD for the Xbox 360 you can only use 13.4gb. You’ll need to buy a 16gb usb stick. It will probably cost you 20 bucks.

Get a 16gb usb stick.

YEAH MAYBE I SHOULD GET A 16 GB STICK

Well, upgrade. I don’t know how you thought you could do anything with 4 gigs anyway.

> so 343 industries said halo 4 required 8gb free on your xbox in order to play halo 4 i own a 4gb console and im broke so bying a hard drive is not an option so i decided to by an 8gb non sandisk flash drive to play but then it said that i only had had 6.3 gb free on my flash drive insted of 8 and that the remaining space is reserved for system use so how am i gonna play halo 4 if when i buy a 8gb flash drive im not getting the full 8gb availible on my xbox someone PLEASE HELP ME

what? do you have a link for that?

yea only one problem i already spend 20 bucks on the 8gb flash drive and gamestop doesnt sell the 16gb flash drives and they cost around 30 bucks

yea its http://www.xbox.com/en-us/marketplace/product/halo-4/optimizing-your-halo-4-experience

> > so 343 industries said halo 4 required 8gb free on your xbox in order to play halo 4 i own a 4gb console and im broke so bying a hard drive is not an option so i decided to by an 8gb non sandisk flash drive to play but then it said that i only had had 6.3 gb free on my flash drive insted of 8 and that the remaining space is reserved for system use so how am i gonna play halo 4 if when i buy a 8gb flash drive im not getting the full 8gb availible on my xbox someone PLEASE HELP ME
>
> what? do you have a link for that?

IGN’s article here but you’ll get a bunch confirming this if you use google

EDIT:
OT: I’ve come to expect memory units that say 8 gig to actually only have 7 or so gigs of space available. The only way to get that 8 gigs to fit is to get a bigger flash drive. Though why not get it from somewhere else, why get it from Gamestop when any almost flashdrive will do?

> > > so 343 industries said halo 4 required 8gb free on your xbox in order to play halo 4 i own a 4gb console and im broke so bying a hard drive is not an option so i decided to by an 8gb non sandisk flash drive to play but then it said that i only had had 6.3 gb free on my flash drive insted of 8 and that the remaining space is reserved for system use so how am i gonna play halo 4 if when i buy a 8gb flash drive im not getting the full 8gb availible on my xbox someone PLEASE HELP ME
> >
> > what? do you have a link for that?
>
> IGN’s article here but you’ll get a bunch confirming this if you use google

wt…uhhh? well great now i got to delete some stuff off my xbox

> yea only one problem i already spend 20 bucks on the 8gb flash drive and gamestop doesnt sell the 16gb flash drives and they cost around 30 bucks

You can almost use any USB stick and it doesn’t need to be a official usb stick. Gamestop is just trying to steal your money. Get a SanDisc because they are usually cheap and works with the 360.

(With a 16gb USB stick u can use 14.7gb)

> > > > so 343 industries said halo 4 required 8gb free on your xbox in order to play halo 4 i own a 4gb console and im broke so bying a hard drive is not an option so i decided to by an 8gb non sandisk flash drive to play but then it said that i only had had 6.3 gb free on my flash drive insted of 8 and that the remaining space is reserved for system use so how am i gonna play halo 4 if when i buy a 8gb flash drive im not getting the full 8gb availible on my xbox someone PLEASE HELP ME
> > >
> > > what? do you have a link for that?
> >
> > IGN’s article here but you’ll get a bunch confirming this if you use google
>
> wt…uhhh? well great now i got to delete some stuff off my xbox

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/marketplace/product/halo-4/optimizing-your-halo-4-experience

May be of some help to you for a Memory Stick.

wow you guys are right thanks it help alot

> > yea only one problem i already spend 20 bucks on the 8gb flash drive and gamestop doesnt sell the 16gb flash drives and they cost around 30 bucks
>
> You can almost use any USB stick and it doesn’t need to be a official usb stick. Gamestop is just trying to steal your money. Get a SanDisc because they are usually cheap and works with the 360.
>
> (With a 16gb USB stick u can use 14.7gb)

I don’t know where you’re getting that info. With my 16gb stick, I can use 16gb. Please, get your facts straight. Also, with my 250gb hard drive, I can use 250gb

I’m not even why a 4GB is even available, it’s such a measly amount of memory.

OP, like what has been said, you must upgrade

> > > yea only one problem i already spend 20 bucks on the 8gb flash drive and gamestop doesnt sell the 16gb flash drives and they cost around 30 bucks
> >
> > You can almost use any USB stick and it doesn’t need to be a official usb stick. Gamestop is just trying to steal your money. Get a SanDisc because they are usually cheap and works with the 360.
> >
> > (With a 16gb USB stick u can use 14.7gb)
>
> I don’t know where you’re getting that info. With my 16gb stick, I can use 16gb. Please, get your facts straight. Also, with my 250gb hard drive, I can use 250gb

That is not true. Any hard drive or memory capacity device you can buy only allows about 95% of the advertised storage to you. Empty your space (if you can) and see.

> > > yea only one problem i already spend 20 bucks on the 8gb flash drive and gamestop doesnt sell the 16gb flash drives and they cost around 30 bucks
> >
> > You can almost use any USB stick and it doesn’t need to be a official usb stick. Gamestop is just trying to steal your money. Get a SanDisc because they are usually cheap and works with the 360.
> >
> > (With a 16gb USB stick u can use 14.7gb)
>
> I don’t know where you’re getting that info. With my 16gb stick, I can use 16gb. Please, get your facts straight. Also, with my 250gb hard drive, I can use 250gb

Hahaha, please don’t start something you can’t win.

> > > > yea only one problem i already spend 20 bucks on the 8gb flash drive and gamestop doesnt sell the 16gb flash drives and they cost around 30 bucks
> > >
> > > You can almost use any USB stick and it doesn’t need to be a official usb stick. Gamestop is just trying to steal your money. Get a SanDisc because they are usually cheap and works with the 360.
> > >
> > > (With a 16gb USB stick u can use 14.7gb)
> >
> > I don’t know where you’re getting that info. With my 16gb stick, I can use 16gb. Please, get your facts straight. Also, with my 250gb hard drive, I can use 250gb
>
> That is not true. Any hard drive or memory capacity device you can buy only allows about 95% of the advertised storage to you. Empty your space (if you can) and see.

Then why does it work like that for some of my stuff? I know some of my usb sticks only let me use 95% but that other dude was saying you can only use around 70-80.

> > > > > yea only one problem i already spend 20 bucks on the 8gb flash drive and gamestop doesnt sell the 16gb flash drives and they cost around 30 bucks
> > > >
> > > > You can almost use any USB stick and it doesn’t need to be a official usb stick. Gamestop is just trying to steal your money. Get a SanDisc because they are usually cheap and works with the 360.
> > > >
> > > > (With a 16gb USB stick u can use 14.7gb)
> > >
> > > I don’t know where you’re getting that info. With my 16gb stick, I can use 16gb. Please, get your facts straight. Also, with my 250gb hard drive, I can use 250gb
> >
> > That is not true. Any hard drive or memory capacity device you can buy only allows about 95% of the advertised storage to you. Empty your space (if you can) and see.
>
> Then why does it work like that for some of my stuff? I know some of my usb sticks only let me use 95% but that other dude was saying you can only use around 70-80.

No I wasn’t.
16 / 92% = 14.72