Halo 4 released early ???

Alright, I can get Halo 4 early from a local gamer store. Not drastically early but like a week or so. What would be the consequence of posting videos on my youtube account or playing online, not like matchmaking or anything I mean like being connected to the internet.

There’s nothing wrong with having the game early, but the person who sells it to you will be fired and the store may possibly be sued.

1. console banned
  2. that retailer would be sued and put out of business

> 1. console banned
> 2. that retailer would be sued and put out of business

Never happened…

Anything to back that up?

> > 1. console banned
> > 2. that retailer would be sued and put out of business
>
> Never happened…

Yeah you should be fine to play it a week early. They usually don’t care, and say it’s fine. It’s the store’s fault anyways, they are the ones who risk legal trouble, not you. If you are that worried though, you could just play offline.

> Anything to back that up?

Um… the sticker attached to these games clearly stating to them to NOT sell the game before a specific date?

> > Anything to back that up?
>
> Um… the sticker attached to these games clearly stating to them to NOT sell the game before a specific date?

Yes but the sticker does not say I’m going to get banned. That sticker is meant for the store not me. I’m not selling the game. I’m playing it.

>
> Um… the sticker attached to these games clearly stating to them to NOT sell the game before a specific date?

That’s for the retailer. Not the customer. Hence why it says do not SELL before such and such a date not do not play. If you buy the game you will be fine. It’s the fault of the retailer for selling it early.

If you legitimately purchase the game early, I don’t believe they can ban you. The seller is at fault, not you.

> > > Anything to back that up?
> >
> > Um… the sticker attached to these games clearly stating to them to NOT sell the game before a specific date?
>
> Yes but the sticker does not say I’m going to get banned. That sticker is meant for the store not me. I’m not selling the game. I’m playing it.

Like I said, nothing bad will happen to you. But they will notice you playing it, investigate it, find the person who sold it to you, get them fired and sue the store. I don’t know why you want to get someone fired in this day and age with the job market.

Alright, Thanks guys for the information if you guys want to win a Xbox 360 halo edition
go to my youtube channel =]
ill be posting my early footage of the game when I purchase it fair and square.

Play on Local until the 6 November, and you will never have problems, for you tube videos they can ban your Channel or remove your video, but i remember what happened with reach, some video were already online and they’re so now, so with You tube you must try, for Xbox Live stay on Local until 6 November

You can play a game early… that’s fine.

But filming it and putting it up on youtube will get you banned. It happened with to a guy who did that with Gears 3, he was showing off the new gridlock and BAM! banned lol it was high profile too on gears 3 forums.

You’ve been warned :wink:

You won’t get banned as long as it isn’t a pirate copy, I had both Reach and ODST early, plenty of others will also be online.

As for videos, best not to upload any campaign stuff, anything other than that I don’t see why not.

> > > Anything to back that up?
> >
> > Um… the sticker attached to these games clearly stating to them to NOT sell the game before a specific date?
>
> Yes but the sticker does not say I’m going to get banned. That sticker is meant for the store not me. I’m not selling the game. I’m playing it.

Some game dev’ ban user playing early until the game was release. But now most of them just either left the server offline so nobody can play it or reset multiplayer stats the day of launch.

>

^^^
Unless 343i can tell you are playing a copy THEY DIDN’T GIVE you

Its the stores bad for the most part.

You are lucky by the way

A friend of mine got console banned for playing Gears of War 3 online, 2 weeks early. If anything, play offline.

As for uploading videos, do not upload any content that hasn’t been shown. There was some kind of contract/rule I read somewhere.

A few games in the past have had rules before release when you can not post a video of the game on the web before the release date, it will just get taken down by Microsoft and if on YouTube, likely a strike on your channel.

I advise against uploading videos of it early completely until you know for certain that it is ok to upload videos of it.

Microsoft won’t sue the retailer for one of their employees secretly giving away one copy a week early. The court fees alone would cost more than any damages they might be entitled. But yeah bans of all sorts on Microsoft services probably isn’t out of the question.