Halo 4 release

I just read an unrelated article that scares the hell out of me. Rumors have broke out that there is a next gen Xbox in the works for holiday season 2013 and that announcement could come as early as E3(June/July) this year to build hype against Nintendo and the Wii U slated for this year.

Now, If I were Microsoft and I were planning for the release of a new console I would want my biggest titles for launch. Now, Halo 4 is rumored for holiday this year and historically its 3 years between(proper)halo titles(3 years between CE &2, 3 between 2&3, 3 years between 3&reach with ODST and Wars crammed in the middle)

Assuming this pattern continues, there wouldnt be a proper Halo title until 2 years into the console. We must also look at what other franchises could be launched. Fable 4 is rumored for 2013, so its a possibility. Forza could also be hashed out in that time. But outside that, what other big franchises do they have to launch with? Gears 3 is supposedly the end of that series. So they are left without any big name shooters. My fear is that the lack of info coming out of both Microsoft and 343i could be because of a 1 year delay in order to release their biggest franchise with a new console. And rake in the entire market for the holiday 2013 season.

Are these just the ramblings of a crazy forum dweller? Absolutely…but when you look into it, it makes sense. And thats the scary part.

halo 4 will come out this year for the xbox 360 but halo 5 will come out in 2015 for the xbox 720 and halo 6 will come out in 2018 for xbox 720

> halo 4 will come out this year for the xbox 360 but halo 5 will come out in 2015 for the xbox 720 and halo 6 will come out in 2018 for xbox 720

I bet you 4000msps and a legendary edition to Halo 4 that the the next gen XBOX it will not be called the 720

Microsoft won’t release the console until 2014 at the earliest. They need a full year of hype and advertisement. ALSO Halo 2 was the most played Xbox Live game even when the 360 came out. GoW knocked it off, so I’m not worried if a new console comes out or not.

Its being called the 730 as of now. And if they announce this year, then they will have a year of ads to promote it. Reports are that the chip sets(cpu/gpu) are already in manufacture

Any who, my point is this. If they announce the 720 this year, then the sales of the 360 will drop to nothing. Big time releases are mostly big time releases because of all the systems and accessories they can sell with a game. Therefore it makes no sense to release a blockbuster franchise at a time where it wont help system sales. And on the contrary, they wont get the help for a new systems sales that a big franchise delivers because the consumers buy the game for the old system not the new one.

Microsoft doesnt have any big franchises that could launch with a 2013 platform to boost sales. It makes no sense to release Halo 4 a year before the console

Thats my point

> > halo 4 will come out this year for the xbox 360 but halo 5 will come out in 2015 for the xbox 720 and halo 6 will come out in 2018 for xbox 720
>
> I bet you 4000msps and a legendary edition to Halo 4 that the the next gen XBOX it will not be called the 720

It will most likely be called the Infinity based on MS Nerds rumors.

-Microsoft wants a 8 theme going with Windows 8 and WP8, all they have to do is turn the 8 on its side for Xbox Infinity

-The Code name of the new system is “loop” and an infinity symbol is a loop

-A LOT of marketing potential just on the name itself.

Xbox 720 just sounds lame.

Like I said, I have no idea about the name. People are just saying 720 because its 2x360

The pattern probably won’t continue because that was Bungie’s part of the contract so I’m told. 5 games and then they’re done with Halo.

> > halo 4 will come out this year for the xbox 360 but halo 5 will come out in 2015 for the xbox 720 and halo 6 will come out in 2018 for xbox 720
>
> I bet you 4000msps and a legendary edition to Halo 4 that the the next gen XBOX it will not be called the 720

microsoft said thats the working title

We also don’t know how far along Halo 5 is, there have been rumors that MS and 343i are trying to turn Halo into an “every year” release like CoD. If this is true and the neXtbox comes out in 2013 it’s possible Halo 5 could launch with it, if not, it doesn’t really matter. Halo 4 is coming out this year, we know this, we have no idea when the next Xbox is coming out.

> > > halo 4 will come out this year for the xbox 360 but halo 5 will come out in 2015 for the xbox 720 and halo 6 will come out in 2018 for xbox 720
> >
> > I bet you 4000msps and a legendary edition to Halo 4 that the the next gen XBOX it will not be called the 720
>
> microsoft said thats the working title

Yeah, the 720 most likely wont be the new Xbox’s title.

But as far as Microsoft/343i pushing back Halo 4’s release date a year, that WONT happen, yes releasing Halo 4 and the next Xbox at the same time would boost sells, but here is the thing, Xbox doesn’t need Halo to boost it’s sells, people will buy the next Xbox for other reasons other than Halo. I know if I buy one it’ll be because of some feature it has the current Xbox doesn’t, or because my current Xbox dies right after it’s release and I have the money to buy the new one. Plus, Microsoft hasn’t pulled that kind of move before with Halo, and I don’t see it starting, as long as we’ve known that there will be a Halo 4, eve’ known the release year, and it’d be really stupid of Microsoft to come out and say “HAHAHA -Yoink- you guys, we’re going to push the release date back”, that’s like asking Obama to sit down in a char, and right as he is about to sit, you pull the chair out from under him right in front of his detail, yeah it’d be funny to some, but most people will get really mad.
Also, If Microsoft was going to release Halo 4 around the time of the next Xbox’s release, they wouldn’t of waited until after every one has known about Halo 4 and it’s release date, they would of told 343i “Don’t announce Halo 4 until 2012’s E3”.

TLTR?
I strongly believe Microsoft will not pull such a stunt like push Halo 4’s release date back because:
#1, Microsoft has been working on both Halo 4 and it’s next Xbox for some time now, long enough to know when they should shoot for release on both products.
#2, It would be a -Yoink- move, and piss off a very massive amount of Halo fans.
#3, There are move going for the next Xbox than just Halo, Halo and Xbox don’t need each other any more.

Yes, but also look at how the did with halo CE and 2, both on the first xbox and 3 on the 360 to launch it. I believe they will do the same, with halo 4 and 5 in the 360 and 6 on the xbox infinite (actual name).

Halo 2 was released one year before the 360.

Both Halo 2 and 3 became the best selling games on their respective platforms (latest figures show 8.5 million and 14.5 million respectively…)

> Yes, but also look at how the did with halo CE and 2, both on the first xbox and 3 on the 360 to launch it. I believe they will do the same, with halo 4 and 5 in the 360 and 6 on the xbox infinite (actual name).

Halo 5 will most likely be on the next Xbox, because most rumors I’ve read, are pointing to a release of the new Xbox with in the next year or so, and if Microsoft/343i keeps with the 3 year break between Halo games plan, then by the time Halo 5 starts developement, 343i will most likely have a early release of the new Xbox because they’re a part of Microsoft so they’d get first dibs. Also when the Halo 5 is released, the new Xbox will be a year or two old to the public.

Halo 4 this fall, can’t wait, I will probably die of anticipation before then, 343 plz give us information about the game, I’m diing!

>

I’ll put my money on “Xbox Loop”.

Don’t care. I have Halo 4 for a few weeks then we all die on December 21st of this year. :smiley:

> We also don’t know how far along Halo 5 is, there have been rumors that MS and 343i are trying to turn Halo into an “every year” release like CoD. If this is true and the neXtbox comes out in 2013 it’s possible Halo 5 could launch with it, if not, it doesn’t really matter. Halo 4 is coming out this year, we know this, we have no idea when the next Xbox is coming out.

I don’t believe that rumor. CoD is yearly because there are different devs working them. 343i is the only developer making Halo games.

> Halo 4 this fall, can’t wait, I will probably die of anticipation before then, 343 plz give us information about the game, I’m diing!

Blame Microsoft they are most likely in charge of maketing halo 4

> > > halo 4 will come out this year for the xbox 360 but halo 5 will come out in 2015 for the xbox 720 and halo 6 will come out in 2018 for xbox 720
> >
> > I bet you 4000msps and a legendary edition to Halo 4 that the the next gen XBOX it will not be called the 720
>
> It will most likely be called the Infinity based on MS Nerds rumors.
>
> -Microsoft wants a 8 theme going with Windows 8 and WP8, all they have to do is turn the 8 on its side for Xbox Infinity
>
> -The Code name of the new system is “loop” and an infinity symbol is a loop
>
> -A LOT of marketing potential just on the name itself.
>
> Xbox 720 just sounds lame.

Could the UNSC Infinity be a derivative of the XBOX Infinity?