Halo 4=Reach v.2

I think what is making a lot of the community mad is that they implemented the same crappy ideas that were in Reach into Halo 4.

Were they thinking they could get the whole Reach population of 90k? Those same ideas that caused many to dump Halo?

Or were they hoping they could get the “call of duty audience” that will end up moving on after 1-2 months?

I have just stopped caring about competitive Halo so I don’t really care about the changes, but to me none of this makes sense. Why wouldn’t they appeal to the core Halo audience?

Don’t say they are going to have a “classic” option. That “option” is going to be on the backburner while they have their new playlists up front. The main playlist will be Team Slayer with the Halo 4 settings. Making the “classic” playlists just feel wrong and underplayed.

Yes, most of the core group will still buy it, myself included. But people will also buy a “classic” Halo, just look at the success of Halo 2+3. I know the new audience of preteens will garner more profit but w.e. I guess im just bitter/nervous that this game will die after a few months.

/rant

Tl;DR

This game doesn’t cater to the core Halo audience.

inb4 iplayedsinceCEilikethechanges…you are a minority group of the core halo fans

They say they want change, but they embrace CoD… Which means No Change.

No, Reach is a lot better than a lot of this stuff. This is honestly taking a step back from the WORST Halo game.

I play since CE (pc) H2(xbox), got late on the 3rd but Reach at launch, and don’t mind the changes, and love the Arena idea.

Yep. People keep telling me to wait for more info before I call it “CoD”. I have… and it’s still looking like it’s going in that direction.

I said this yesterday when talking about the elements that 343 is implementing:

Adding a feature just because it is standard in the industry just seems like a bad idea. And it is overused. Every single shooter has it now (speaking of sprint here). “Let’s just conform because we don’t want to seem different.” That just creates a more bland shooter.

I opened my mind with Reach and gave it a chance. The AA’s took the fun out of it for me. I really enjoyed starting out equal in all respects and fighting for everything on the map.

I’m sure I’ll have fun with it for a couple months, and I’ll enjoy the campaign. But Halo is really the only game that I continue to play years after it is out, and that is due to its unique gameplay. Now that 343 has decided to go in this direction it is very possible Halo will turn into just another game for me–and I am saddened by that.

Halo Reach Version 2? Ha no. Let me break it down for you.

Halo Reach has bloom Halo 4 won’t

Halo Reach has firefight Halo 4 won’t

Halo Reach has a different type of load out than Halo 4

I don’t know how hitscan is going to be in Halo 4 probably different.

Looking at gameplay it doesn’t look anything like Reach.

@Leftycakes sprint is good because you can get to places faster not only that but it makes the game more canon with the books.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not post spam.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

Adapt

Reasons Halo 4 is already inherently more competitive than Reach:

  1. Bloom is gone. (BIG one)
  2. Armor Lock is gone.
  3. Movement Speed and jump height back to where Halo 2-3 were. (BIG one)
  4. There will be a Classic Playlist from the get-go. (This means STOP COMPLAINING)

Now, paranoid person who has never played Halo 4, scurry off.

> No, Reach is a lot better than a lot of this stuff. This is honestly taking a step back from the WORST Halo game.

What major changes are there from Reach aside from bloom and armour lock? Firefight in Reach sucked anyways, was much better in ODST.

Reach had loadouts and AAs which seems to be what everyone is complaining about.

This is assuming the random weapon spawns are only in some gametypes.

> Yep. People keep telling me to wait for more info before I call it “CoD”. I have… and it’s still looking like it’s going in that direction.

HOW is it trying to be CoD? Because you now can unlock tools in the Multiplayer? Or because you can have a preset loadout (even though you’ll only be able to select mid-tier and lower-tier weapons, and not spawn with a Sniper or Rocket)?

Grow up you ingrate.

> inb4 iplayedsinceCEilikethechanges…you are a minority group of the core halo fans

Ironically the “core halo fans” ARE the minority, the majority are the people who couldn’t CARE less about the changes.

> > No, Reach is a lot better than a lot of this stuff. This is honestly taking a step back from the WORST Halo game.
>
> What major changes are there from Reach aside from bloom and armour lock? Firefight in Reach sucked anyways, was much better in ODST.
>
> Reach had loadouts and AAs which seems to be what everyone is complaining about.
>
> This is assuming the random weapon spawns are only in some gametypes.

The difference is that other than bloom and armor lock, Halo 4 is taking the things that Reach did majorly WRONG and making them worse.

Just because I say Reach is better than this crap doesn’t mean that I think that Reach is good.

> > inb4 iplayedsinceCEilikethechanges…you are a minority group of the core halo fans
>
> Ironically the “core halo fans” ARE the minority, the majority are the people who couldn’t CARE less about the changes.

This is basically what I have been saying…Once 1-2 AAA games get released the population will be gone.

> What major changes are there from Reach aside from bloom and armour lock? Firefight in Reach sucked anyways, was much better in ODST.

Wait how was Reach worse than ODSTs firefight? Why because everyone was forced to play the same thing? Sounds boring.

> Reach had loadouts and AAs which seems to be what everyone is complaining about.

Not everyone but most. The problem(to most) is 343 wants to further evolve Halo into something else but the fanbase would rather sit there and complain that it isn’t the same. If you hate on Call of Duty for being the same every year, like you and everyone else is a hypocrite.

> @Leftycakes sprint is good because you can get to places faster not only that but it makes the game more canon with the books.

Read this please.

Also, the canon shouldn’t matter in multiplayer.

> > Yep. People keep telling me to wait for more info before I call it “CoD”. I have… and it’s still looking like it’s going in that direction.
>
> HOW is it trying to be CoD? Because you now can unlock tools in the Multiplayer? Or because you can have a preset loadout (even though you’ll only be able to select mid-tier and lower-tier weapons, and not spawn with a Sniper or Rocket)?
>
> Grow up you ingrate.

Insulting, are we? And you say the MLG community is bad? Hypocritical.