Halo 4/Reach Conspiracy Theory (Good Read!]

As many of you know, the game released in September of 2010 known as Halo: Reach disappointed many fans of the franchise in innumerable ways. Things like Armor Abilities, clunky interface, odd graphical design, breaking story canon, etc. What would drive a madman to think of all these terrible and horrific ideas and objects to throw into a game as well-known and loved as Halo?! I’ll tell you what.

Bungie didn’t want 343i taking control of their baby. They knew Reach was their last go, and they made it as awful as they could so people wouldn’t have hope in Halo after their disappearance. It’s a logical conclusion, seeing as all of Bungies’ games prior to Halo: Reach being released were fantastic, and revered by fans. Then Reach hits and it’s like Bungie took a large dose of horrible game creation, and that was because they didn’t want their franchise to go on. They’d rather let it’s story die after Halo 3. An epic cliffhanger to an epic series that left your mind to ponder what will happen to Master Chief and Cortana. Bungie only made Reach so they could get whatever money they could so they could get to developing their name title(s).

I don’t care if you believe me or not, but it’s true… So true.

~Tehflod

Didn’t read but I know the content of your post because it’s been said before.

Don’t believe it, but it’d be really funny if it was true.

It makes sense. I mean, seriously. Who in their right mind would design something as horrendous as armor lock?

“So they made Reach as awful as they can”

NO. Reach didn’t score a get an average 9 out of 10 from reviews from nothing, you guys have to realize, that just because your getting tired of a game that’s 2 years old, doesn’t mean Bungie “purposely” made it bad. Do you also believe that 9/11 was caused by the American government?

BAH! I thought Reach was bad two days after it came out!

FYI, I still find Halo 3 fun.

> “So they made Reach as awful as they can”
>
> NO. Reach didn’t score a get an average 9 out of 10 from reviews from nothing, you guys have to realize, that just because your getting tired of a game that’s 2 years old, doesn’t mean Bungie “purposely” made it bad. Do you also believe that 9/11 was caused by the American government?

You actually took it seriously?

Interesting.

Ehh…

I’ve actually thought of this before.

What if Reach was set up by Bungie to be a big fail so that people would have to look forward to Halo 4 and the new creators. Reach… had some bad ideas, that just doesn’t seem like Bungie would do. It look like a setup, but I doubt it was.

Ha, I doubt it. The better Reach did, the more money Bungie made.

Even if it were true, it didn’t work. Did it?

Reach wasn’t that bad. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, not this again…

I F-IN LOVE REACH (except armor lock one wrong thing big deal)

No, Bungie didn’t try to sabotage Halo; they just wanted to try new things.

Why is everybody hating on Reach? Reach was an amazing game. Just because it wasnt as great and popular as the previous Halo titles doesnt mean its not fun. The games 2 years old, stop complaining. Personally I didnt like Reach as much as Halo 3 but its still a great game.

-_-

> Ha, I doubt it. The better Reach did, the more money Bungie made.
>
> Even if it were true, it didn’t work. Did it?

In a way it did. Even if they made money. It was bad enough to make Halo 4 look very good.

Except for jetpack and armor lock, Reach was fantastic. I cannot relate to all these people saying Reach sucks. It is a great game IMO, not as good as Halo 3 but it’s super fun and deserved the good reviews it got. Just my opinion.

I don’t think Bungie deliberately tried to derail the series with Reach. The idea is a bit silly. But it does kind of seem like they gave no effort to story telling or consistency regarding the series canon, but to a point I can understand why. Bungie stated a few times that they really wanted to end the series with Halo-3, but in order to get their freedom from Microsoft they had to hand over the series and produce 2 more games under contract; Halo-3:ODST and Reach.

Bearing that in mind that the series was really no longer their own and 343 had begun make some significant changes and re-canons to their story; Human=/=Forerunners completely changes and throws off a lot of what happens in the original trilogy leading to a lot of raised eyebrows and head scratching being that it was a major theme through all 3 games. Spark flat out tells John at the end of Halo 3 he’s a Forerunner, along with Truth admitting as much to Johnson before forcing him to activate the arrays. In Contact Harvest, written by one of Bungie’s lead story writers, MB tells the prophets that humanity are the living descendants of the Forerunner and to cover it up so the Covenant doesn’t unravel since it’s entire belief system is based on a lie they wage war against Humanity to keep their power base.

This is the basis for the events of the entire series and now it’s been turned into an unfortunate mis-understanding. Now Forerunners are sort of related, but not directly to humans and went war with humanity nearly driving it to extinction. Then for some reason they decide to give Humanity the keys to the empire after the arrays fired. In the context of the new 343 canon the original trilogy doesn’t make a lot of sense.

If Bungie new about these changes before and during the early production of Reach I can’t really blame them for not investing anything into the story, which still sucks. It was their last Halo game and I think the fans deserved a better story for Bungie’s farewell to the universe they created.

I always keep thinking that also but I really doubt that they ever meant harm to Halo… I hope not, or that’s betrayal. :confused:

Ughhhh. I just released when I play Halo 4 I’m going to have to turn my brain off when anything Forerunner heavy comes up. The game looks incredible and wildly fun but 343’s portrayal of the Forerunners in Cryptum and Primordium almost makes me not want to get the game. They went from mysterious and noble advanced humans who were evolutionaraly accelerated by the Precursors to giant, smug, hypocritical, space elves with anger issues.