Halo 4 ranking system / Ranks AND GAMEPLAY

I would like to point out before I begin that out of all the Halo games I have played over the past 7 years that Reach is probably the worst in terms of competitiveness, enjoyability, and overall progress.

Reach has taken such a leap back in progress, and I hope that 343 will make great adjustments to improve Halo 4 as to not destroy the newer generations online experience along with the Veteran players who have had their experience tainted by Halo: Reach.

Ranking System:

1. I would like to see a 1-50 ranking system for halo 4 similar to that of Halo 2’s.

2. I would also like to see a social ranking system similar to reaches along side the real ranking system (ex. Inheritor).

3. Lastly I would like to see an EXP per playlist ranking system just like Halo 3’s for all playlist’s ranked, and social.

Gameplay:

In terms of game play I am speaking of what is available to fans/players in a competitive environment such as the past ranked playlist’s in H3 / H2.

1. Keep it simple while making newer additions to the franchise available, but in sync.

2. Keep true to the spirit of halo (ex. Spawn without armor abilities or perks, and keep the same weapon for each player off start like the BR)

Final thoughts

Halo 2, and Halo 3 were obvious successes in many different areas. I hope that the same experience most of the halo community has received through those two games returns in Halo 4. I would hate to waste even more time, and money on Halo: Reach 2.

Agreed.

The only reason I keep playing Reach is because of MLG.

It is sad that the only way get the real Halo feel and balanced games with people of the same skill is to play MLG and not default.

I agree with pretty much everything. 1-50 makes the game soo much more exciting and competitive. 343 has their hands full with the ranks I’m sure. I would have no idea how to make the competitive and casual player equally happy. Loadouts or perks can be very annoying. infinite camoflage, really?.. It just makes it impossible to strategize (i know thats not a word). Jet packs completely make cover unusable, You can jet pack as high as you want to kill someone. Armorlock is ridiculous with the double melee. Infinite camo with sniper is the absolute worse. But as a Very competitive halo player I have adapted like many others. When I complain about armor abilities, I have been on both sides, abusing and getting abused by certain armor abilities. I just don’t think they are suitable. As a very experienced halo 3 and reach player, I believe in 343.

> Ranking System:
>
> 1. I would like to see a 1-50 ranking system for halo 4 similar to that of Halo 2’s.
>
> 2. I would also like to see a social ranking system similar to reaches along side the real ranking system (ex. Inheritor).
>
> 3. Lastly I would like to see an EXP per playlist ranking system just like Halo 3’s for all playlist’s .
>
>
> Final thoughts
>
> Halo ODST BEST GAME EVER !!!

Best post all day

Sir

And thats cool I like odst as well …

I loved the 1-50 ranking system just as much as the last person, but it is impossible to rid of all the derankers/boosters that screwed me over time after time in Halo 3.

This guy is the first person to literally read my mind, EVER…
Anyways, I think they should return the kind of nostalgic gameplay that I expected from reach. The first thing that comes to mind is that Halo: CE PC mao called Death Island… I LOVED the games on that.

> Reach is probably the worst

lol “probably”

> Reach has taken such a leap back in progress, and I hope that 343 will make great adjustments to improve Halo 4 as to not destroy the newer generations online experience along with the Veteran players who have had their experience tainted by Halo: Reach.

yeah

> 1. I would like to see a 1-50 ranking system for halo 4 similar to that of Halo 2’s.

needs to happen

> 2. I would also like to see a social ranking system similar to reaches along side the real ranking system (ex. Inheritor).

as long as it’s not based on dumb credits or anything then yeah

> 3. Lastly I would like to see an EXP per playlist ranking system just like Halo 3’s for all playlist’s ranked, and social.

yeah

exp-based like h3 should be sufficient

> 1. Keep it simple while making newer additions to the franchise available, but in sync.
>
> 2. Keep true to the spirit of halo (ex. Spawn without armor abilities or perks, and keep the same weapon for each player off start like the BR)

pretty much

just keep mp nice and clean and reserve all of the unnecessary features and gimmicks for campaign

Why Halo reach failed

1. No ranks
  2. No EXP
  3. AA’S
  4. The DMR’S range of kill
  5. -Yoink!- laggy gray maps

lets make halo 4 nothing like this

Thank’s for your time and im pumped about halo 4

I am so glad all of you agree, and if you have anything to add please feel free.

SAVE HALO FROM BECOMING COD: MW3 IN SPACE

I want 1-50 ranking system with ranked and social playlist

I really hope someone from 343 reads this, before they make another crappy Reach game.

Keep the comments coming people!

> I loved the 1-50 ranking system just as much as the last person, but it is impossible to rid of all the derankers/boosters that screwed me over time after time in Halo 3.

It’s actually quite easy, All they have to do is change the way you rank up. For example in Halo 3 if the person you were playing with had a lot of losses in the playlist you were playing then you would rank up faster. That’s why people made boosters. If they took that out of the equation and made it just as hard to rank up with a booster than people wouldn’t waste their time deranking. Also in the beginning of Halo 3 you didn’t really run into boosters.

> I am so glad all of you agree, and if you have anything to add please feel free.
>
> SAVE HALO FROM BECOMING COD: MW3 IN SPACE

Halo 4 must have 1-50 or it will bust just like Reach. Simple as that.

I agree with this thread 1000% please make another halo game, not a new COD one. Bring back 1-50 or something similar, give us color in forge (or more importantly good maps to start with) and have each game start with equal footing. No AA’s, no different starting weapons, if anything like this has to happen i hope its minor like a different scope or extended mag’s.

> I am so glad all of you agree, and if you have anything to add please feel free.
>
> SAVE HALO FROM BECOMING COD: MW3 IN SPACE

SAVE US FROM IDIOTIC TROLLS WITH A LITTLE OVER 10 POSTS, MODS!

> > I am so glad all of you agree, and if you have anything to add please feel free.
> >
> > SAVE HALO FROM BECOMING COD: MW3 IN SPACE
>
> SAVE US FROM IDIOTIC TROLLS WITH A LITTLE OVER 10 POSTS, MODS!

Such as yourself.

Halo increasingly seems to be taking a direction towards what call of duty offers, and it is more than annoying.

I just want to play a new HALO game, not a COD inspired game, because we already have enough of them.

But hey whatever sells right? Who cares if no plays it as long as 343 can make a good amount of money off of it right? Hoo-ray for Reach 2.

Totally agree. Nice post OP.

i dont agree at all.

> i dont agree at all.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Why is it because you like to bomb things?

I like this post, but I fully expect it to be flamed the hell out of because you’re one of the few people on this board who aren’t into completely changing the game just for the sake of change or “because it needs to adapt and be like every other terrible shooter”.