Halo 4 Ranking Should be like GoW3's

I feel as if Gow3 had the BEST ranking system since halo 3 or any other game , but it lacked the matching up of good players based on rank , if 343i took the concept from EPIC
Games then it would be flawlessly , if you stand still you lagout and lose exp which leads to ranking down , if you do good and win you rank up and unlock things and as far as getting matched up against and with good players add a good truskill factor

Flame me -_-

So going from level 1 to 100 3-5 times?

Progression based systems are fine for some games. Other games not so much.

Gears of War 3’s progression system was similar to Reach’s and CoD’s. It wasnt bad, but it wasnt the best.

It was also inconsistent since EPIC had the tendency to have 2-20x EXP days/weekends/weeks allowing newbies to grow to level 30 in just hours.

> I feel as if Gow3 had the BEST ranking system since halo 3 or any other game , but it lacked the matching up of good players based on rank , if 343i took the concept from EPIC
> Games then it would be flawlessly , if you stand still you lagout and lose exp which leads to ranking down , if you do good and win you rank up and unlock things and as far as getting matched up against and with good players add a good truskill factor
>
> Flame me -_-

Actually, Gears of War 3 does feature ranked matchmaking. You can either choose a quick match, which matches you in the first available match, or you can choose ranked, which matches players based on their trueskill rank (a rank which is hidden).

Gears of War also uses an experience-based progression system. Experience is gain based on kills and completion of objectives. This is the same system Halo 4 will be using.

> Gears of War 3’s progression system was similar to Reach’s and CoD’s. It wasnt bad, but it wasnt the best.
>
> It also wasnt consistent since EPIC had the tendancy to have 2-20x EXP days/weekends/weeks allowing newbies to grow to level 30 in just hours.

Gears 3 hasn’t had any 20x experience weekend events yet. Gears 2 only had that near the release of Gears 3 to allow players to more easily achieve the “Gear Veteran” achievement.

Gears 3’s system also rewards player for all aspects of the game, from kills to objectives to different types of kills. Stealing kills is also pointless because experience is divided based on how much each player contributes to each kill.

GoW3 FTW! I really enjoyed it and it’s ranking system wasn’t bad (the hidden one) if i play Ranked i’m always agains good people but reaching lvl 400 gets boring after a while (i’m lvl 300).