Halo 4 Ranked Playlists...

Considering there are Ranked Playlists in Halo 4, what should be the settings for them? Should they include AAs, Loadouts, Specializations, etc.

Personally, I would want this layout

No AAs except Sprint, but have other AAS as pickups on map

No loadouts

No Specializations

Some type of Ranking System that is based off of Winning, and how much you help your team. This means that if you go positive 20 in a slayer match, and your team loses, you still get some award. If you go positive 20 in an objective match and didn’t even touch the objective and your team loses, your skill level declines.

Mostly Symmetrical Maps

Multiple Ranked Playlists Not just 4v4 Slayer like there was in Arena. I want Objective, BTB Slayer, FFA, etc

Rewards for reaching maximum level. An example is if you got a 50 in Halo 3, you would get some type of special armor or EXP. In this case, Spartan Points and special weapon skins or armor

No random Weapon Spawning

No instant spawning

Of course, no join in progress

Voting for which type of Scoring System - Kill or CoD type

Give your ideas!

Tight matchmaking, and same options for both teams unless we’re playing round based objectives.

AA’s are fine. Loadouts are fine. etc.

> Tight matchmaking, and same options for both teams unless we’re playing round based objectives.
>
> AA’s are fine. Loadouts are fine. etc.

I really don’t mind loadouts in Social, but I don’t think it should be in Ranked. Ranked Playlists should have all players start on the same ground, but maybe 343 could make it work in Ranked Style playlists

In order for Ranked and Social to have relatively balanced populations they may need to have the same settings. Halo 3 Social Slayer and Team Slayer being a good example. Players weren’t deterred by different gametype settings (aside from a few unique forge maps later on) like in Arena. If 343 does a good job balancing AA’s and perks then there wouldn’t need to be too many changes.

The only things I can safely say should definitely be taken out of ranked are Join in Progress (could possibly be limited to friends list only) and Random weapon drops.

> In order for Ranked and Social to have relatively balanced populations they may need to have the same settings. Halo 3 Social Slayer and Team Slayer being a good example. Players weren’t deterred by different gametype settings (aside from a few unique forge maps later on) like in Arena. If 343 does a good job balancing AA’s and perks then there wouldn’t need to be too many changes.

Exactly. AA’s and loadouts aren’t un-competitive or against the concept (they may not be one’s preferred style though). having two different settings will be terrible for population.

> AA’s and loadouts aren’t un-competitive

This all depends on if 343 makes the same mistakes Bungie did. The only AA’s in Reach that aren’t entirely bad for gameplay are Sprint and Hologram. Jetpack is more balanced as a pickup and Armor Lock/Active Camo should never have been put in over respawning Overshield and Camo powerups.

I seriously hope 343 does a good job balancing out everything for the highest level of competition right out of the box. Waiting for a Title Update or slow playlist Updates is just annoying.

I think if you lose in a team playlist you should go down in that playlist rank. You shouldn’t be awarded for individual performance in a team game. That could create stat-hunters.

I can agree with you on the no join in mid match for ranked games. However that would be extremely lame if your teammate quits, betrays, suicides, deranks, or whatev. I guess i will have to play with a full party the whole time.

Btw if you search with a full team you should play another full team, 3v3, etc.