Halo 4 "been in development for multiple years"

I have no official source yet (will edit back in when found), but a user from the Bungie forums posted this (taken from an article he read).

"Halo 4 was rumoured to be revealed at this years E3 however it still left some people in shock after it was officially revealed right at the end of Microsoft’s press conference.

It would appear that Microsoft has been keeping Halo 4 up it’s sleeve for a good few years, in an interview with Don Mattrick, GameTrailers asked just how long Halo 4 had been kept a secret?

“Well it’s been in development for multiple years, so I guess that counts as a secret” "

This is EXCELLENT news if there’s truth to it. That means there’s at least two years put into it, and by 2012 it may have gotten as much love as Halo 3. :open_mouth:

I think it says it here Butch: http://www.youtube.com/halowaypoint#p/a/u/0/riJUuSq4MZ4
Either that, or in the podcast.
I <4 the sparkast.

I have a tweet from a producer stating that he has been working on H4 for two years. So it has been in the works at least that long.

What employee?

> What employee?

Gavin Carter.

I agree with this as soon as H3 ended they were asking for people to make H4 and that was like as soon as H3 ended. Now i really cant wait for Halofest.

Hey sweet, thanks for the link! Since you posted first I won’t bother editing.

> Hey sweet, thanks for the link! Since you posted first I won’t bother editing.

Halofest is going to feel like E3 all over again <4 343

I hope so! I’m hoping to get some real trailers to put any questions to rest. I’m also hoping they clear up this Jen Taylor situation.

I’ve said it like a thousand times, but it feels SO good to be able to start waiting for a Halo game again. Especially one with Chief. <4

(b’-’)b

> I hope so! I’m hoping to get some real trailers to put any questions to rest. I’m also hoping they clear up this Jen Taylor situation.
>
> I’ve said it like a thousand times, but it feels SO good to be able to start waiting for a Halo game again. Especially one with Chief. <4
>
> (b’-’)b

Yeah same here unless she has a specific contract with bungie or something.

She better not. That would be so stupid. And really a -Yoink- move of Bungie to hold her.

It was said at the e3 press confrence.

Can only hope 343 came up with it b4 bungie came up with AA’s

Use the edit button, the little pencil, to add other stuff. Do not double post.

> I have no official source yet (will edit back in when found), but a user from the Bungie forums posted this (taken from an article he read).
>
> "Halo 4 was rumoured to be revealed at this years E3 however it still left some people in shock after it was officially revealed right at the end of Microsoft’s press conference.
>
> It would appear that Microsoft has been keeping Halo 4 up it’s sleeve for a good few years, in an interview with Don Mattrick, GameTrailers asked just how long Halo 4 had been kept a secret?
>
> “Well it’s been in development for multiple years, so I guess that counts as a secret” "
>
> This is EXCELLENT news if there’s truth to it. That means there’s at least two years put into it, and by 2012 it may have gotten as much love as Halo 3. :open_mouth:

Now this is really good news!

<4

Hey OP, Don Mattrick said it in an interview on gametrailers.com. I’m sure you can find the video of it somewhere in their E3 library. He wouldn’t give an exact answer when he was asked how long it had been in development for, he just said “multiple years”.

> Hey OP, Don Mattrick said it in an interview on gametrailers.com. I’m sure you can find the video of it somewhere in their E3 library. He wouldn’t give an exact answer when he was asked how long it had been in development for, he just said “multiple years”.

lol

Then I’m going to pretend multiple means 15, and this is gonna be the greatest game of all time.

> > Hey OP, Don Mattrick said it in an interview on gametrailers.com. I’m sure you can find the video of it somewhere in their E3 library. He wouldn’t give an exact answer when he was asked how long it had been in development for, he just said “multiple years”.
>
> lol
>
> Then I’m going to pretend multiple means 15, and this is gonna be the greatest game of all time.

Haha if that philosophy was true, Duke Nukem Forever would end up being the greatest game ever. I hope 343 have had a chance to get a good development cycle in. Anyone remember when they first started hiring designers? I always wish publishers/ devs would be more specific on when concept ends and actual develoment begins.

> Hey OP, Don Mattrick said it in an interview on gametrailers.com. I’m sure you can find the video of it somewhere in their E3 library. He wouldn’t give an exact answer when he was asked how long it had been in development for, he just said “multiple years”.

Think about it, multiple usually means 3+ if not he could have said a couple(2) or a year.

<4

> > Hey OP, Don Mattrick said it in an interview on gametrailers.com. I’m sure you can find the video of it somewhere in their E3 library. He wouldn’t give an exact answer when he was asked how long it had been in development for, he just said “multiple years”.
>
> Think about it, multiple usually means 3+ if not he could have said a couple(2) or a year.
>
> <4

I disagree, people in Don’s position are good at being purposely vague, especially around announcements as big as this one. Only hours after the announcement, Microsoft doesn’t want to start sharing specifics. I’m not saying that it can’t have been in development for three years, just that it’s not a given.