Halo 4 Questions of the day

I have some Questions for waypoint.

1.Why is there no assault aka Bomb.

2.why did 343 decide to have no descope.

3.why is there no new vehicles or the hornet.

4.why is there no juggernaut.

5.why did 343 decide that i cant see peoples commendations.

6.why is there no weapon sprees or Perfection Medals.

7.why is there no Medal for the Incineration Cannon.

8.why did 343 decide to nave no 1 flag or that you cant drop the flag.

1:Good question.
2:They have flinch instead.
3:Mantis.
4:It’s called Regicide now.
5:Does it really really matter?
6:It’s odd, there’s a commendation for perfections but no medal.
7:Good question.
8:I miss 1-flag but I enjoy the no dropping.

  1. Dunno.

  2. Because people have been complaining about descoping since Halo 2. The problem I’ve seen mentioned most is that people will be scoped, shot at, and try to descope, only to rescope because they had already descoped because of being hit. It’s not a very uncommon problem, from what I’ve seen. I’m not defending flinch, just answering the question.

  3. The hornet was gone in Halo Reach, too. There are new vehicles, just not all of them in multiplayer. 343 likely decided to remove some for the sake of balance (like they did with dual wielding).

  4. See #1

  5. You can see them on the Waypoint service record.

  6. Dunno, again. Perfection is a commendation now. Thus, no medal.

  7. See #4

  8. Dunno why 1-Flag is gone, but the “no-drop” thing was added because they wanted the flag-holder to be more pivotal, to seem like a unique combat role within the gametype. That, an I’m sure it had something to do with the complaints about flag juggling.

> 1. Dunno.
>
> 2. Because people have been complaining about descoping since Halo 2. The problem I’ve seen mentioned most is that people will be scoped, shot at, and try to descope, only to rescope because they had already descoped because of being hit. It’s not a very uncommon problem, from what I’ve seen. I’m not defending flinch, just answering the question.
>
> 3. The hornet was gone in Halo Reach, too. There are new vehicles, just not all of them in multiplayer. 343 likely decided to remove some for the sake of balance (like they did with dual wielding).
>
> 4. See #1
>
> 5. You can see them on the Waypoint service record.
>
> 6. There are weapon sprees, and perfection is a commendation now. Thus, no medal.
>
> 7. See #4
>
> 8. Dunno why 1-Flag is gone, but the “no-drop” thing was added because they wanted the flag-holder to be more pivotal, to seem like a unique combat role within the gametype. That, an I’m sure it had something to do with the complaints about flag juggling.

  1. There are weapon sprees there are?

> > 1. Dunno.
> >
> > 2. Because people have been complaining about descoping since Halo 2. The problem I’ve seen mentioned most is that people will be scoped, shot at, and try to descope, only to rescope because they had already descoped because of being hit. It’s not a very uncommon problem, from what I’ve seen. I’m not defending flinch, just answering the question.
> >
> > 3. The hornet was gone in Halo Reach, too. There are new vehicles, just not all of them in multiplayer. 343 likely decided to remove some for the sake of balance (like they did with dual wielding).
> >
> > 4. See #1
> >
> > 5. You can see them on the Waypoint service record.
> >
> > 6. There are weapon sprees, and perfection is a commendation now. Thus, no medal.
> >
> > 7. See #4
> >
> > 8. Dunno why 1-Flag is gone, but the “no-drop” thing was added because they wanted the flag-holder to be more pivotal, to seem like a unique combat role within the gametype. That, an I’m sure it had something to do with the complaints about flag juggling.
>
> 6. There are weapon sprees there are?

You know, I did get that one wrong. I don’t know why I thought there were. My mistake XP

Ugh! One of these posts again!..walks away quietly.

#2: Because other Shooter games use Flinch, so 343 thought it was a good idea.
Everything else can be answered with “Time Restraints”.
343 literally put out an unfinished game because Microsoft set a harsh deadline upon them.

Ok any one else?

> 1.Why is there no assault aka Bomb.
> shrugs
>
> 2.why did 343 decide to have no descope.
> shrugs
>
> 3.why is there no new vehicles or the hornet.
> Mantis, but the Hornet? shrugs
>
> 4.why is there no juggernaut.
> shrugs
>
> 5.why did 343 decide that i cant see peoples commendations.
> shrugs
>
> 6.why is there no weapon sprees or Perfection Medals.
> shrugs
>
> 7.why is there no Medal for the Incineration Cannon.
> shrugs
>
> 8.why did 343 decide to nave no 1 flag or that you cant drop the flag.
> shrugs

I don’t think we will never know why so much was changed, hopefully you can ask them your-self if we get another Q and A Bulletin :slight_smile:

> I have some Questions for waypoint.
>
> 1.Why is there no assault aka Bomb.
>
> 2.why did 343 decide to have no descope.
>
> 3.why is there no new vehicles or the hornet.
>
> 4.why is there no juggernaut.
>
> 5.why did 343 decide that i cant see peoples commendations.
>
> 6.why is there no weapon sprees or Perfection Medals.
>
> 7.why is there no Medal for the Incineration Cannon.
>
> 8.why did 343 decide to nave no 1 flag or that you cant drop the flag.

Suppose I’ll give it a go then.

  1. Time constraints

  2. An experiment if anything. It was their first Halo and it is pretty obvious that they’ve learned what people want and don’t want in the next game.

  3. The Campaign had new vehicles. There is no need to introduce new vehicle to multiplayer purely because it’s a new game.

  4. Time constraints.

  5. Commendations are viewable via Halo Waypoint on the console, web and mobile applications.

  6. Your guess is as good as mine.

  7. Of all the weapons to get a medal for a single kill, this gun wasn’t it. It’s incredibly easy to get kills with this gun. Although, I do agree that if you’re going to have weapon medals, include for all or none at all.

  8. Time constrains & another experiment. They said this before launch when they first showed off CTF. Obviously some liked it, some didn’t. Expect to see it toggleable in future games.