Halo 4 Questions from the community.

Iv put together a google doc that aims to be a single source of simply laid out questions from the community to 343 regarding Halo 4.

There is both an Editable version that for whatever reason got plagued with trolls and a uneditable version which im keeping as a primary question section as well as the backup.

If you want your question included then post it either

Here, On the Editable version found below or in the comment section of the uneditable version.

Thanks for your time and spread this around please.

Editable Version

Prime Document

If this is the wrong section can mods please move it.

[deleted]

I dont think 343 will respond to this. And yes Halo 4 will have multiplayer? And most of your questions can be answered here in the forums by community members.

This is question not just from the waypoint forums but the entire community the whole point of the google doc is because many of the halo community do not visit the waypoint forums.

While im sure that the WU does a great job of answering question the majority of the answered question do not relate directly to Halo 4 and are more focused on Halo Lore or 343.

This was not intended to compete with the WU but to exist along side it not exactly as a questionnaire but to give 343 some better idea of what the community is interested in hearing about.

Also welcome to the forums as it appears your new.

Nope, iv been a long standing member of the community since halo 2, iv been active in = the Bnet forums, HiH and HaloGAF. I don’t post here because i have issues with a lot of the forum layout and find the discussion in other places to be a lot more serious in nature.

> Nope, iv been a long standing member of the community since halo 2, iv been active in = the Bnet forums, HiH and HaloGAF. I don’t post here because i have issues with a lot of the forum layout and find the discussion in other places to be a lot more serious in nature.

Oh well I would ask your questions here, any info 343 is willing to release/questions you have is known or can be answered by a lot of the forum members here. So I would ask your questions in a thread here and then you can put it in your google doc. Or use the search bar to keep from making repeat threads.

> This is question not just from the waypoint forums but the entire community the whole point of the google doc is because many of the halo community do not visit the waypoint forums.
>
> While im sure that the WU does a great job of answering question the majority of the answered question do not relate directly to Halo 4 and are more focused on Halo Lore or 343.
>
> This was not intended to compete with the WU but to exist along side it not exactly as a questionnaire but to give 343 some better idea of what the community is interested in hearing about.

I like the idea. I know BS Angel occasionally asks directly for questions for the Halo:Bulletin but this would be a good resource to reference in that event. I like the idea of having a quick source for questions. I will on occasion have a question but not the appropriate time to ask and a document like this would come in handy to remind me of past questions that have yet to be answered…if nothing else it would be good for personal use.

These aren’t just questions from the Waypoint community, nor the Halo bulletin, these are questions from the Halo community, asking for clarification on yet-to-be-clarified issues. The idea and the Google Doc originally came from NeoGAF, where many of its questions derived from, and made its way around to other various Halo communities, like The Halo Council, etc.

Many members of 343i frequently visit GAF and Waypoint, and while these questions might not be viewed or answered, it’s certainly not hurting anything my creating them.

> Oh well I would ask your questions here, any info 343 is willing to release/questions you have is known or can be answered by a lot of the forum members here. So I would ask your questions in a thread here and then you can put it in your google doc. Or use the search bar to keep from making repeat threads.

Actually, almost all of the questions in that doc haven’t been answered, and the ones that have either haven’t been answered clearly or are in there as jokes, obviously. The people putting the questions in those docs are more likely to know more and earlier about the game than people in this forum, so having questions in that format isn’t a bad thing.

Also, 343, at least from my experience, hasn’t been real responsive on these forums, so I think having a common doc spanning multiple communities is a good thing. Also, this isn’t a repeat thread, not sure where you got that idea :wink:

[deleted]

Always good to gather questions into one resource. Although some of those questions are variable so much even 343i can’t answer then until the game goes gold. Other questions I don’t even want to know the answer to yet, some mystery is a good thing you know :wink:

> Nope, iv been a long standing member of the community since halo 2, iv been active in = the Bnet forums, HiH and HaloGAF. I don’t post here because i have issues with a lot of the forum layout and find the discussion in other places to be a lot more serious in nature.

I don’t think he meant in general, just to the Waypoint forums :slight_smile:

This a good idea. Hopefully we get a response.

I will answer these as best as I can from what I know so far (no, I’m not 343i employee).

Will Halo 4 have Multiplayer? - StalkerUKCG
Nope.

Will Halo 4 Have a Competitive Ranking System? - Blissful
Sorta.

BR - 5 shot? DMR - 4 shot? Please elaborate. - UNKNOWN iXi
BR is 5sk as of RTX. DMR is 5sk as of RTX.

Custom Loadouts: Will anything be banned from Matchmaking? (ie: If we choose all Jetpacks in our Custom Loadouts, what would happen if you were to ban Jetpacks?) - UNKNOWN iXi
N/A

Will the secondary weapon be outlined in the HUD? - UNKNOWN iXi
Yes.

Will the Mammoth be in Multiplayer? - Dug
N/A (But it better be!)

Will the infamous GRD helmet make an appearance? - DeadNames
More than likely.

How do vehicle physics and health behave differently compared to previous Halos (specifically, compared to Reach)? - Anonymous 1
More like Reach’s, but not nearly as bad.

Is Jetpack a choice for your Matchmaking loadout and has it changed since Reach? - PirateKing526
Yes. N/A

Will the majority of playlists be Infinity Slayer based or Team Slayer based? - Ghouse
N/A

Will we have another playable melee weapon other than the sword in Halo 4? Maybe a Promethean Melee Weapon? - Anonymous 2
N/A

Are Forge pallets specific to certain maps or available between all Forge maps? - BET
N/A

Can we expect any maps smaller than what we’ve seen so far? - BET
No. Wraparound and Adrift are the smallest maps.

How many Primary Weapons can we expect? - BET

Will Forge have a plethora of lighting items/orbs? - BET
Yes.

Will the player investment system be on the more finite side, similar to Halo 3, or more like a Halo Reach/Call of Duty hybrid, with “challenges”? - Anonymous 3
XP ranks you up. Challenges give you more XP. You buy stuff with Spartan Points. You get Spartan Points every time you rank up. Ranking up automatically gives you new armor.

Will community maps be betterly implemented, or given a separate playlist in Halo 4? - coca mola
N/A

Is the Light Rifle a loadout weapon? - Monsterfracas
Yes.

Will there be Hunters in Campaign/Spartans Ops? - Deadly Paw
N/A (But I’m betting on Yes)

Will the ranking system take account of not only performance, but actually winning the game? - Anonymous 4
N/A

Since Halo: Reach, a good portion of the community is apprehensive about Armor Abilities being in Halo 4 at all, now you’re adding Specializations and Armor Mods. What would you say to alleviate some of our fears? - PirateKing526
N/A

Can we get a confirmation on the Mark V helmet returning? - Anonymous 5
N/A

Will any of the past Halo characters make an appearance in Halo 4 (e.g.- Sergeant Johnson), whether in voice-overs or physical appearance? - Yo-Yo Mama
Master Chief and Cortana.

Will we see “classic” playlists again? as in gametypes without armor abilities, just good old fashioned halo 1/2/3 play? - Secretanchitman
Yes.

Will custom challenges return? - Anonymous 6
N/A (However, Challenges are back, so I wouldn’t be surprised if CC are back)

What variations of the Warthog can we expect to be in Halo 4, and will they all be available in Multiplayer/Forge? The Troop Warthog would be a great addition to the Forge and Machinima sandbox. - Voho
N/A

Why can’t i get an Overkill - Tashi
That’s something you have to ask yourself.

Will the framerate be locked for the first time ever in a Halo? - Anonymous 7
N/A

Will Forge maps have a map preview feature? - Anonymous 8
N/A (However, this was going to be added in Reach before time ran out)

Will there be more secondary loadout weapons? - Joseph007DJ
Yes.

Is flag juggling in? - JackHerer
N/A

How will drop-in/drop-out gameplay work? Will it be in “social” playlists only? - The Blibinator
N/A

Will we be able to assassinate players who are assassinating another player (as an effective method of stopping an assassination)? - SENSEI ASAD
N/A

In Reach, you were able to see your cR breakdown at the end of the match, but this was removed for split-screen, so none of the players were able to see how much cR they earned. Will this be fixed for Halo 4? - SENSEI ASAD
N/A

Is re-enlisting for Specializations similar to that of the CoD prestige system? - The Dildozer
N/A

Will Stalker be banned from Halo 4 matchmaking for having such as stupid idea with this document? -Gui

Why has the DMR Clip size been reduced to 14. Wouldn’t it be better to have it stay 15 and buff the BR to have a 45 round clip size? - sg1Elim89
It is 14. I don’t know why however.

Will power ups be added to the “Standard slayer experience?” - sIttIng mambaa
N/A

Are classic sentinels back? -sIttIng mambaa
N/A (But if Sentinels aren’t back, on a Forerunner installation, in a Shield World, protecting stuff, somebody messed up)

Is the mech playable in MP? -sIttIng mambaa
N/A (I have heard a smaller mech is available in Multiplayer)

Can we get more information on this mech/walker? -M0aHerder
Yes. On November 6, 2012.

Will we be able to drive the Mammoth? -M0aHerder
N/A

Sentinel Beam-like weapon? -M0aHerder
N/A

Will the Pelican be flyable at any point? -M0aHerder
N/A

Hope I answered simply, and hope some of you got happy.

> Will the player investment system be on the more finite side, similar to Halo 3, or more like a Halo Reach/Call of Duty hybrid, with “challenges”? - Anonymous 3
> XP ranks you up. Challenges give you more XP. You buy stuff with Spartan Points. You get Spartan Points every time you rank up. Ranking up automatically gives you new armor.

wait so when we rank up we get free armor and you dont buy it with spartan points? and when you say level up do you mean leveling up specializations or your lvl

> > Will the player investment system be on the more finite side, similar to Halo 3, or more like a Halo Reach/Call of Duty hybrid, with “challenges”? - Anonymous 3
> > XP ranks you up. Challenges give you more XP. You buy stuff with Spartan Points. You get Spartan Points every time you rank up. Ranking up automatically gives you new armor.
>
> wait so when we rank up we get free armor and you dont buy it with spartan points? and when you say level up do you mean leveling up specializations or your lvl

Yes, the Armor is free when you get that rank; You do not spend Spartan Points to get them. Instead, Spartan Points are used to buy weapons, AA’s, packages, etc… And I mean when leveling up, your actual level/rank

Example:
You need to be a Sergeant to unlock ODST Armor
You are a Corporal
You have 2 Spartan Points
You earned 1000 XP (by killing, assisting, driving, medals, victory, objectives, etc…)
You ranked up to Sergeant
You unlocked ODST Armor (Heads, shoulders, chest, etc…)
You earned 3 Spartan Points
You now have 5 Spartan Points
Thruster Pack costs 4 Spartan Points and you buy it
You now have 1 Spartan Point

Hope that helped.

> > > Will the player investment system be on the more finite side, similar to Halo 3, or more like a Halo Reach/Call of Duty hybrid, with “challenges”? - Anonymous 3
> > > XP ranks you up. Challenges give you more XP. You buy stuff with Spartan Points. You get Spartan Points every time you rank up. Ranking up automatically gives you new armor.
> >
> > wait so when we rank up we get free armor and you dont buy it with spartan points? and when you say level up do you mean leveling up specializations or your lvl
>
> Yes, the Armor is free when you get that rank; You do not spend Spartan Points to get them. Instead, Spartan Points are used to buy weapons, AA’s, packages, etc… And I mean when leveling up, your actual level/rank
>
> Example:
> You need to be a Sergeant to unlock ODST Armor
> You are a Corporal
> You have 2 Spartan Points
> You earned 1000 XP (by killing, assisting, driving, medals, victory, objectives, etc…)
> You ranked up to Sergeant
> You unlocked ODST Armor (Heads, shoulders, chest, etc…)
> You earned 3 Spartan Points
> You now have 5 Spartan Points
> Thruster Pack costs 4 Spartan Points and you buy it
> You now have 1 Spartan Point
>
> Hope that helped.

ok cool thanks