Halo 4 Promotes Camping

Hey guys,

Not trying to start a huge internet argument, because let’s face it, that never gets us anywhere. :slight_smile:

… But, think about it… Being able to spawn with a one-shot-kill shotgun pistol? Come on… That’s just giving campers a wide-open door.

Also, ordinance drops… Picking off kills then choosing where to spawn a powerful map-based weapon? What’s to stop someone from camping a cave and spawning a Binary Rifle behind them?

Discuss, and no flaming please! Let’s make this a mature discussion.

• Thanks

Active camo + Boltshot campers dream its every CoD players dream

> That’s just giving campers a wide-open door.

I think they prefer the door closed. Makes it easier.

I don’t see your logic. If i spawned with a OHK weapon id be out rushing with it. Oh wait. I do. About the only thing that premotes camping is camo. And thats just because if you move at all your visible. Personnel drops would be valid if you lost your progress upon death and assists didn’t count twards it. Chances are if you come across a camper hes probably been camping most of his career.

To an extent but campers camp nothings going to stop that. Its not like everyone camps either most people just want to get a lot of kills and hopefully go +. People who camp just want to get a high kd or have a weird obsession about not dying.

If anything, it’s Promethean Vision that’s made it worse.

Yeah, Promethean Vision is sure good for Campaign, but to be able to seek out players through a wall or over a ridge during a multiplayer game just gives the user an advantage when it comes to attacking the enemy player.
In games like SWAT and Flood, this gets a little annoying sometimes, knowing if there’s someone to headshot just around the corner or an infected player about to take a lunge at you.

camo and bolt shot? 13 year old CoD fan wet halo dream.

This has Complex written all over it.

From an avid “campers” point of view…It’s harder then it looks and takes a great deal of strategy.

Also In real life such “camping” methods are called overwatch and is a valid and sound strategy. It is also the answer to the lone-wolf that likes to go off solo and tries to infiltrate.

The simple solution to counter this is to work as a team or at the very least in pairs… Mind you some campers work in pairs also. ;^)

I suspect the problem many players have with campers lies in the fact that many that complain lack teamwork skills and just want to blaze around a game button mashing and grenade spamming like an old PC game.

My suggestion is try playing some of the squad game types to hone the team skills then see the difference in the big team battles.

But then again we each payed our $60 for the game and can play it however right? ;^)

After 2000 deaths, I think I’ve been killed with the boltshot maybe twice…

> From an avid “campers” point of view…It’s harder then it looks and takes a great deal of strategy.
>
> Also In real life such “camping” methods are called overwatch and is a valid and sound strategy. It is also the answer to the lone-wolf that likes to go off solo and tries to infiltrate.
>
> The simple solution to counter this is to work as a team or at the very least in pairs… Mind you some campers work in pairs also. ;^)
>
> I suspect the problem many players have with campers lies in the fact that many that complain lack teamwork skills and just want to blaze around a game button mashing and grenade spamming like an old PC game.
>
> My suggestion is try playing some of the squad game types to hone the team skills then see the difference in the big team battles.
>
> But then again we each payed our $60 for the game and can play it however right? ;^)

die in a fire camper scum!

jk i dont care. promethan vision helps AGAINST campers anyway.

There’s nothing to stop them, well except the people who’re smart enough to change to Promethean vision and kill the camper instead of feeding them kills.

> This has Complex written all over it.

Yes indeed it does…

If someone is camping why keep going and rushing them? Either don’t go that way or use one of the vast choices of weapons to outmatch said person.

> camo and bolt shot? 13 year old CoD fan wet halo dream.

I’m not sure why you would use that combination. Active camo is a give away in close proximity situations. Your better off simply crouching behind a corner to catch your victim totally off guard.

> From an avid “campers” point of view…It’s harder then it looks and takes a great deal of strategy.
>
> Also In real life such “camping” methods are called overwatch and is a valid and sound strategy. It is also the answer to the lone-wolf that likes to go off solo and tries to infiltrate.

you just lost the game good lad.

> camo and bolt shot? 13 year old CoD fan wet halo dream.

hahaha so true

I kill all campers. Friendlies or enemies, I don’t give a damn. If you’re camping on my team, there is a 90% chance of a mongoose or warthog hitting you in the face.

> Yeah, Promethean Vision is sure good for Campaign, but to be able to seek out players through a wall or over a ridge during a multiplayer game just gives the user an advantage when it comes to attacking the enemy player.
> In games like SWAT and Flood, this gets a little annoying sometimes, knowing if there’s someone to headshot just around the corner or an infected player about to take a lunge at you.

There’s ProVision in SWAT??? Since when and what’s the variant called?

Save your grenades for corners you suspect has a BS-user.
Use ProVision to check for BS-users around corners.
Use the HLS to block a BS-user’s shot when rounding a corner. Remember the BS can’t hold a charge as long as a PP can and the HLS WILL out last a charging BS.
Don’t run around corners, look to our friend the clown fish for how one should move around a map knowing there are BS users.
These are just a few ways of dealing with a “camper”. If you’re dealing with players that are camping, then one must adapt, not complain. When you play against a team that plays as aggressive as you, play in kind because you knowingly can. The player with the superior skill WITH their style is the winner, not the player with the believed superior style.

Of course you can tweak that by tweaking the settings. Removing most of the sandbox in favour of restricting strategy does reduce camping. I do believe more simple playlists exist in H4, but honestly most players like more strategy, not funneled.

> I kill all campers. Friendlies or enemies, I don’t give a damn. If you’re camping on my team, there is a 90% chance of a mongoose or warthog hitting you in the face.

Sometimes you gotta kill the teammate who is preventing your spawns from being as dynamic as the others. Base-camping with a sniper is one thing, camping in a middle location without regard to the battle at hand can cause an easy spawn-trap for the enemy. If the player was being effective in their position, I wouldn’t be spawn trap… So yes the camper will take a death to allow us move around the map more freely.
Not as much a problem in H4, but I need more time to confirm that. Reach and H3… Oh ya.