Halo 4: Promethians/ Didact explained.

If you’ve read the books, you probably know that the didact is the main enemy.(this is proven at the end of the trailer)However, exact motives for hostility towards humans is unknown…or is it?
Below are some facts…

Fact: The UNSC Spirit of Fire’s crew destroy a forerunner shield world.

Fact: Master Chief destroyed Alpha Halo (Installation 04).

Fact: Delta Halo was glassed by the elites thereby making the installation useless. (since most elites allied themselves with humans, humans are partly responsible)

Fact: Master Chief and the Arbiter destroyed instalation 04B and damaged the ark.

Fact: The entire Halo array is possibly useless since the ark is damaged. (there is now no defense against the flood)

Fact: The librarian (didacts lover) spent the last of her days on Mt. Kilamanjaro in East Africa because she believed in humanity.

Huge Fact: 343 Guilty Spark (made from memories of the didact’s human friend chaka) was killed by the chief.(a fragment survived but i don’t think the didact knows that)

Personaly, if I were to wake up from 100,000 years of sleep to find out that everything you fought for (halo array) was destroyed, I would be beyond mad. Basically, the didact might take personal revenge on…oh i din’t know…earth.

Humanity (and maybe the elites) may have to fight for survival, AGAIN. Based on what Guily Spark said in “the maw” terminal in anniversary, a company of promethians could restore order against a covenant armada,the human resistance, and the flood. He also mentions that humanity and the covenant would prefer fighting the flood rather than the didact when enraged. Remember the fleet of forerunner ships in Halo Wars? If there was a fleet of ships on that world, there is most definatly a fleet of ships where the forerunner military commander lives. The prophet of truth said that the fleet could crush humanity quickly and with ease. That was said when humanity still had the outer colonies, what makes you think they’ll stand a chance with just earth, a rebuilding fleet, and a handfull of colonies? (Halo 5’s dark and horror like storyline?)

The key to defeating the didact might be the librarian herself, after all, it is stated in primordium that she may still be alive. (Kind of like in halo 2 when the Arbiter, Miranda, and johnson learned of the ark)
Who knows, maybe she’s still sleeping under the sands of africa, waiting to be awakened…

Amazing post! Welcome to Waypoint.

Why does everyone think tha just because the Didact’s symbol is in the trailer means he’s the enemy?
They are most likely trying to throw us off

Simply amazing!

> If you’ve read the books, <mark>you probably know that the didact is the main enemy.(this is proven at the end of the trailer)</mark>However, exact motives for hostility towards humans is unknown…or is it?
> Below are some facts…
>
> Fact: The UNSC Spirit of Fire’s crew destroy a forerunner shield world.
>
> Fact: Master Chief destroyed Alpha Halo (Installation 04).
>
> Fact: Delta Halo was glassed by the elites thereby making the installation useless. (since most elites allied themselves with humans, humans are partly responsible)
>
> Fact: Master Chief and the Arbiter destroyed instalation 04B and damaged the ark.
>
> Fact: The entire Halo array is possibly useless since the ark is damaged. (there is now no defense against the flood)
>
> Fact: The librarian (didacts lover) spent the last of her days on Mt. Kilamanjaro in East Africa because she believed in humanity.
>
> Huge Fact: 343 Guilty Spark (made from memories of the didact’s human friend chaka) was killed by the chief.(a fragment survived but i don’t think the didact knows that)
>
> Personaly, if I were to wake up from 100,000 years of sleep to find out that everything you fought for (halo array) was destroyed, I would be beyond mad. Basically, the didact might take personal revenge on…oh i din’t know…earth.
>
> Humanity (and maybe the elites) may have to fight for survival, AGAIN. Based on what Guily Spark said in “the maw” terminal in anniversary, a company of promethians could restore order against a covenant armada,the human resistance, and the flood. He also mentions that humanity and the covenant would prefer fighting the flood rather than the didact when enraged. Remember the fleet of forerunner ships in Halo Wars? If there was a fleet of ships on that world, there is most definatly a fleet of ships where the forerunner military commander lives. The prophet of truth said that the fleet could crush humanity quickly and with ease. That was said when humanity still had the outer colonies, what makes you think they’ll stand a chance with just earth, a rebuilding fleet, and a handfull of colonies? (Halo 5’s dark and horror like storyline?)
>
> The key to defeating the didact might be the librarian herself, after all, it is stated in primordium that she may still be alive. (Kind of like in halo 2 when the Arbiter, Miranda, and johnson learned of the ark)
> Who knows, maybe she’s still sleeping under the sands of africa, waiting to be awakened…

Its not proven, and we don’t know for sure who the Ancient Evil is. I honestly can’t find any reason whatsoever as to why the Didact would attack humanity. He was never evil, and he even regretted the Human-Forerunner war thousands of years ago. He has no reason to fight us, and do you remember the red-light thingy at the end of the concept art trailer? Because from what I can tell, that doesn’t look like the Didact.

Also, the Didact never liked ANY of the Halo rings or anything related to them - He would be happy to learn the rings and the Ark was destroyed. And humanity has justified reasons aswell - Chief had to kill Spark and had to light the ring so that the Flood would be stopped. If anything, the Didact would congratulate Chief, not try to kill him.

> Why does everyone think tha just because the Didact’s symbol is in the trailer means he’s the enemy?
> They are most likely trying to throw us off

It’s not even exactly the Didact’s. I’m thinking it’s some Anti-Didact.

The one problem with your theory is that the Didact hated the Halo Array. He wanted the Shield Worlds to take providence. When Faber out politic-ed him, he went into exile. The only reason he used the Array was because he had no choice otherwise. Didact would not be sad to see the Halo Array destroyed- if anything he would probably applaud humanity for getting rid of something he saw as the antithesis of the Mantle.

> Why does everyone think tha just because the Didact’s symbol is in the trailer means he’s the enemy?
> They are most likely trying to throw us off

Or not… And so far we hae ve no reason to believe 343i is misleading us. Thus believing the Didact is the enemy is more accurate than believing that 343i is toying with us.

The Ark is damaged and it is unclear what effect this will have on the Halo array, perhaps it can repair itself (and that would seem reasonably likely) but we just don’t know. However that was the Lesser Ark, we don’t really know if the Greater Ark will come into play.

Personally I think its a shame that the writers had to resort to “even biggerer and betterer” style writing. It’s an even bigger Ark, with even BIGGER Halos!!

> > Why does everyone think tha just because the Didact’s symbol is in the trailer means he’s the enemy?
> > They are most likely trying to throw us off
>
> Or not… And so far we hae ve no reason to believe 343i is misleading us. Thus believing the Didact is the enemy is more accurate than believing that 343i is toying with us.

Because if the Didact is the enemy then 343 have technically just ruined the surprise of a Forerunner being alive after 100,000 years.

It isn’t going to be that simple, if the Didact truly is the antagonist for the new trilogy I doubt very much that he’d be doing what he’s doing because he wants to. Chances are there will be another individual/individuals in the shadows waiting to strike but using the Didact or anyone else as a puppet.

In the Books the Didact has had no reason that I can think of to come out of some kind of cryo sleep and instantly want to take revenge on humans, yes there is another book coming out next year but I think people would be more confused as to why someone would have such an extreme personality change over that time.

I’m fairly sure the Didact isn’t bi-polar.

> Personaly, if I were to wake up from 100,000 years of sleep to find out that everything you fought for (halo array) was destroyed, I would be beyond mad. Basically, the didact might take personal revenge on…oh i din’t know…earth.

And the Didact would be a moron.

Humans didn’t know the importance of any of these devices, thanks to Forerunners being massive hypocritical jerks by devolving them, and were forced into a bitter war of survival against not only the Covenant but against the Flood.

It would also mean that he learned nothing from the collective sacrifice of, nearly, his entire species. A sacrifice that had to be made because the Forerunners were, again, hypocritical jerks.

Not neccesarily.

I’ve read the books and looked over the information. Honestly, I feel Precursors in some way will be the Ancient Evil. The Primordial’s very ominous message of Humanity being tested again in 100,000 years is a red flag for me. Something that important can’t be dismissed. Unless he was lying, Humanity is in store for something big.

Lets address your facts.

#1 Yes, this is actually something the Didact could get upset about. He was all for Shield Worlds. But if he analyzed what would have happened, I’m sure he is smart enough to know the importance of the situation, and I’m sure he wouldn’t want some misguided species running around in his old ships.

#2 The Didact hated the rings… he might not really mind too much unless the Flood return in massive force.

#3 Again, he hated the rings. And it was to stop the Flood, the enemy that caused him to destroy the galaxy, from spreading again.

#4 He hated the Array… the Ark may be slightly more significant, but there is a Greater Ark still. And it was all to stop the Flood.

#5 The rings can be activated individually, and there is a Greater Ark. It is unknown if the Array can be activated fully from here, but it is likely.

#6 He shouldn’t blame Humanity for that, though. Its not like they trapped her. He is smarter than that.

Guilty Spark was rampant and his own functionability was coming to a close. It was neccesary, and he attacked first.

I personally think its the Precursors because we know so little. They would make a much more interesting story than a well-known Forerunner gone evil. They seem more evil too. They create and destroy species as they please, and created the Flood to overrun the galaxy.

> > Why does everyone think tha just because the Didact’s symbol is in the trailer means he’s the enemy?
>
> It’s not even exactly the Didact’s. I’m thinking it’s some Anti-Didact.
>
> http://www.forwarduntodawn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/mystery.png

Confirmed by Frankie that it’s the Didact in his unbound state and Greg Bear states that their are 2 Didacts. So one may be the enemy(most likely the “new” one(Faber)) and the old one may be allied with humans.

>
> Or not… And so far we hae ve no reason to believe 343i is misleading us. Thus believing the Didact is the enemy is more accurate than believing that 343i is toying with us.

Except for the fact that the other, much more evil Precursors vare also possible.

> If you’ve read the books, you probably know that the didact is the main enemy.(this is proven at the end of the trailer)However, exact motives for hostility towards humans is unknown…or is it?
> Below are some facts…
>
>
>
> Fact: Delta Halo was glassed by the elites thereby making the installation useless. (since most elites allied themselves with humans, humans are partly responsible)
>
> Fact: Master Chief and the Arbiter destroyed instalation 04B and damaged the ark.
>
> Fact: The entire Halo array is possibly useless since the ark is damaged. (there is now no defense against the flood)
>
> Fact: The librarian (didacts lover) spent the last of her days on Mt. Kilamanjaro in East Africa because she believed in humanity.
>
> Huge Fact: 343 Guilty Spark (made from memories of the didact’s human friend chaka) was killed by the chief.(a fragment survived but i don’t think the didact knows that)
>
>
> Humanity (and maybe the elites) may have to fight for survival, AGAIN. Based on what Guily Spark said in “the maw” terminal in anniversary, a company of promethians could restore order against a covenant armada,the human resistance, and the flood. He also mentions that humanity and the covenant would prefer fighting the flood rather than the didact when enraged. Remember the fleet of forerunner ships in Halo Wars? If there was a fleet of ships on that world, there is most definatly a fleet of ships where the forerunner military commander lives. The prophet of truth said that the fleet could crush humanity quickly and with ease. That was said when humanity still had the outer colonies, what makes you think they’ll stand a chance with just earth, a rebuilding fleet, and a handfull of colonies? (Halo 5’s dark and horror like storyline?)
>
> The key to defeating the didact might be the librarian herself, after all, it is stated in primordium that she may still be alive. (Kind of like in halo 2 when the Arbiter, Miranda, and johnson learned of the ark)
> Who knows, maybe she’s still sleeping under the sands of africa, waiting to be awakened…

First off, Welcome to Waypoint!
There are multiple Arks as hinted many times in Primordium. Also, the Didact was actually fighting against the Master Builder’s Halo Array. The Shield Worlds were his project.

> If you’ve read the books, you probably know that the didact is the main enemy.(this is proven at the end of the trailer)However, exact motives for hostility towards humans is unknown…or is it?
> Below are some facts…
>
>
>
>
> Fact: Master Chief and the Arbiter destroyed instalation 04B and damaged <mark>the ark.</mark>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Minor ark was damaged there is still a major ark.

I don’t know what types of book you’ve read, but from what I’ve read, the Didact is not the ancient evil. he’s not evil. he likes Humans. and even if he hated Humans, why have the Prometheans attack Covenant? don’t remember Didact hating Elites. Librarian is on Requiem. Librarian can keep Didact calm and not attack everything. and the best question is: why the Yoink! does the Didact want to destroy everything in the entire galaxy? that’s again the Mantle, which he strongly believes in.

I refuse to believe the Didact is the Ancient Evil because everything points away from him as a candidate. if he is the Ancient Evil, there better be some really, I mean really really, good explanation as to why.

> If you’ve read the books, you probably know that the didact is the main enemy.(this is proven at the end of the trailer)

In what way? Is the Didact under the control of a third party? Is he truly insane? Even then, the ancient enemy hasn’t been revealed yet according to 343i.

> However, exact motives for hostility towards humans is unknown…or is it?
> Below are some facts…

We’ll see.

That Shield World was swarming with Flood inside and out, the Covenant were also going to use the ships inside to further their genocide of humanity. Given the circumstances, there is no justification for attack because of it.

The Flood were loose on itand trying to escape. Again, justified.

Again, Flood infested thus justified in it’s glassing.

>

ONCE MORE NOW, the Flood were on the Lesser Ark and 04B. Also, there is another Ark called the Greater Ark and it can make bigger Halos. Justified destruction.

> Fact: The librarian (didacts lover) spent the last of her days on Mt. Kilamanjaro in East Africa because she believed in humanity.[/quote
>
> What’s that got to do with anything? Besides, you think he’d love to honor her memory by doing something she would never forgive him for? Also, the Librarian is still alive according to Halo: Primordium.
>
>
>
> > Huge Fact: 343 Guilty Spark (made from memories of the didact’s human friend chaka) was killed by the chief.(a fragment survived but i don’t think the didact knows that)
>
> Spark was rampant and tried to kill the Chief. JUSTIFIED.
>
>
>
> > Personaly, if I were to wake up from 100,000 years of sleep to find out that everything you fought for (halo array) was destroyed, I would be beyond mad. Basically, the didact might take personal revenge on…oh i din’t know…earth.
>
> That’s the weakest logic I’ve ever seen. “Oh the weapons and such we LEFT for you to use were being overwhelmed by the Flood so you destroyed them to contain their spread. Now I must kill you because you blew them up…even though you are Reclaimers and we left them for you to use.”
>
>
>
> > Humanity (and maybe the elites) may have to fight for survival, AGAIN. Based on what Guily Spark said in “the maw” terminal in anniversary, a company of promethians could restore order against a covenant armada,the human resistance, and the flood. He also mentions that humanity and the covenant would prefer fighting the flood rather than the didact when enraged. Remember the fleet of forerunner ships in Halo Wars? If there was a fleet of ships on that world, there is most definatly a fleet of ships where the forerunner military commander lives. The prophet of truth said that the fleet could crush humanity quickly and with ease. That was said when humanity still had the outer colonies, what makes you think they’ll stand a chance with just earth, a rebuilding fleet, and a handfull of colonies? (Halo 5’s dark and horror like storyline?)
>
> The Didact’s aggression has no basis based on your “evidence”. As for the dark story for Halo 5…we have no clue what that entails.
>
>
>
> > The key to defeating the didact might be the librarian herself, after all, it is stated in primordium that she may still be alive. (Kind of like in halo 2 when the Arbiter, Miranda, and johnson learned of the ark)
> > Who knows, maybe she’s still sleeping under the sands of africa, waiting to be awakened…
>
> Or on Requiem. Seemed to be Chakas’ implication in Primordium.

> Not neccesarily.
>
> I’ve read the books and looked over the information. Honestly, I feel Precursors in some way will be the Ancient Evil. The Primordial’s very ominous message of Humanity being tested again in 100,000 years is a red flag for me. Something that important can’t be dismissed. Unless he was lying, Humanity is in store for something big.
>
>
> I personally think its the Precursors because we know so little. They would make a much more interesting story than a well-known Forerunner gone evil. They seem more evil too. They create and destroy species as they please, and created the Flood to overrun the galaxy.

Can you refresh me of the tested again part? If you remember.My book is not with me.

> > Not neccesarily.
> >
> > I’ve read the books and looked over the information. Honestly, I feel Precursors in some way will be the Ancient Evil. The Primordial’s very ominous message of Humanity being tested again in 100,000 years is a red flag for me. Something that important can’t be dismissed. Unless he was lying, Humanity is in store for something big.
> >
> >
> > I personally think its the Precursors because we know so little. They would make a much more interesting story than a well-known Forerunner gone evil. They seem more evil too. They create and destroy species as they please, and created the Flood to overrun the galaxy.
>
> Can you refresh me of the tested again part? If you remember.My book is not with me.

Assimilate to the Flood completely or die. That’s what their test is.