Halo 4 Prolouge Inconsistencies

I couldnt help but notice the Spartans in the prolouge all sport the same Mark VI Variant with upgraded firmware that Chief has in the current setting of the timeline, when all of them at the time would have either had Mark IV variants or some other sets we seen in books and other expanded universe (Halo Legends, Forward Unto Dawn) and then the Sangheili are all wearing Storm Covenant armor. Honestly, it doesn’t really bug me but I have become curious to the reasoning behind it, what was the point in doing so when they could have just used the appearances those particular characters had during that point in the timeline. At least they got the Plasma Rifle and the Brute Chieften right.

Well it was to make an easier understanding for newer players, to the lore.

$$$. CGI ain’t cheap so it’s easier to just re-use existing models.

> $$$. CGI ain’t cheap so it’s easier to just re-use existing models.

I don’t think they were going for what was “cheap” or “easy,” like CIA391 said, I think it’s to help anyone new to the Halo games. That seems to be a big deal to 343.

> Well it was to make an easier understanding for newer players, to the lore.

Heerrr… totally confused by Forward Unto Dawn… was I looking at a Starship Trooper??? It’s obviously not the same as the Spartans in dah prologg?! How to undastannd??? /sarcasm

I personally think they should have shown Mark IV MJOLNIR and regular Covenant Elites.

It’s not hard to figure out.

Mark IV MJOLNIR: 7 foot tall humans wearing power armour. “Oh these guys must be like Chief, except they have different armour”.

Covenant Elites: Same anatomy as Storm Elites, just different armour. “Oh look aliens with mandibles, these guys must be the same as the guys from the prologue just with different armour”.

With a little common sense, most people would have figured it out.

> Well it was to make an easier understanding for newer players, to the lore.

How does it make it easier for new players to understand?
Well, what does it make easy to understand?
The subject of the conversation is clear or is not and big dudes in armor looks exactly like the current version of the main hero or not isn’t going to confuse people since they were talking about the past. Hell, several times in the beginning of the game they state time passing so there is really no excuse about about not using older models. Unless you think you audience are complete morons, that is. And at that point… i dont think anything is going to help you understand this basic story.

I think it was simply done to drive in the new 343 designs. They really want to make a statement about how this is not Bugie. This also explains why everything else looks totally different.

The prologue isn’t to be taken literally.

Master Chiefs armour isn’t the VI variant anyway is it? Like past Halos did, it’s just an upgrade of the graphics/looks for the same armour as before?

It’s what I think anyway ._.

> Master Chiefs armour isn’t the VI variant anyway is it? Like past Halos did, it’s just an upgrade of the graphics/looks for the same armour as before?
>
> It’s what I think anyway ._.

It’s modified Mk. VI.

I think they did it because it doesn’t matter. The only people that care are people like us who spend time on forums talking about it. It saves the CGI company some work and it still gets the message across. Not bagging on anyone, but nobody cares about us continuity nerds.

> I think they did it because it doesn’t matter. The only people that care are people like us who spend time on forums talking about it. It saves the CGI company some work and it still gets the message across. Not bagging on anyone, but nobody cares about us continuity nerds.

That comes across badly at best.

I agree with DarthTrey66 but honestly can’t complaint with the level of quality those cinemas.

Frankly, I wish they treated it better. I’m just starting to get tired of the “artistic licensing” 343i loves to employ be it from the Mk.IV armor on the reprints of the Fall of Reach, The Flood and First Strike, all of the Spartans getting different helmets in The Fall of Reach comic, the Spartan armor in Forward Unto Dawn and now the Prologue.

At least the prologue kept the Spartans armor consistent with each other unlike the FoR comic and FuD. I thought the canon was clear that the armor was all the same.

Was probably made before the fanbase went “OMG WHY DID HIS ARMOR CHANGE” and 343 made up some excuse in interviews.

Art style changed. Simple as that.

If they were truely “too lazy” or “low budge” to create the old armor, why would they go so far as to accent the changes by having them use thrusters?