Halo 4 Prologue canon status

Okay, 343 REALLY, REALLY needs to come out and explain the prologue. It is a hard cannon battle (which makes ZERO SENSE), or is it a not completely canon short visual summery of the war? (Covenant arrive, -Yoink- -Yoink- up, Spartans arrive and push them back)

I’m getting tired of hearing idiots claim the prologue has officially retconned mark VI from halo 4 to being used in the war years and that halo 2-3 mark VI never looked like that just because of the halo 4 campaign.

Read the books, stop complaining. If you are too lazy to read than look at the 36362627 forums on here discussing it. If you read the Thursday War, it makes sense.

MC’s Mark VI is HEAVILY modified by cortana. The S-4’s are in Gen 2.

Um, I HAVE read the books. I KNOW Cortana modified his armor.

I want 343 to officially come out on this and say one way or the other so instead of trying to bash it into an idiot’s face that they are wrong and the mark V and VI armor from the trilogy are still canon, I can just show them official 343 employee statement and shut them up easily.

There was one bulletin that has BS Angel referring to the armor as “heavily-modified” and “Cortana-special” I can’t tell you the date though, sorry.

Well the spartans in the prologue are spartan-II’s. The last time that many were deployed together was a long time ago (Before Reach, it’s probably just a random battle sometime between 2525 and 2552 as literally only a tiny fraction of the battles that the Spartan-II’s were involved in during the human-covenant war are covered in the books). So I’m lead to suspect that they’re all using Mark IV armour. The armour was just made to look like the Cortana-modified Mark VI so that players who don’t know as much about the canon can still identify them as spartan-II’s.

I see them all as visual opinion. Same as the Mark IV Armor of Spartans in Halo: Legends, Halo Wars, Halo: Forward Unto Dawn, and Halo: The Fall of Reach cover.

Different looking armor, but still the same armor

> Well the spartans in the prologue are spartan-II’s. The last time that many were deployed together was a long time ago (Before Reach, it’s probably just a random battle sometime between 2525 and 2552 as literally only a tiny fraction of the battles that the Spartan-II’s were involved in during the human-covenant war are covered in the books). So I’m lead to suspect that they’re all using Mark IV armour. The armour was just made to look like the Cortana-modified Mark VI so that players who don’t know as much about the canon can still identify them as spartan-II’s.

Indeed… I’m looking for an official 343 stance/statement on it because I’ve been arguing with a few idiots over “retconned armor”.

I think it’s pretty obvious that the Prologue scenes are not literal events. Think of them the same way as Origins. They are just visuals to compliment the dialogue.

I still can’t believe people have difficulty interpreting simple things like this.

> I think it’s pretty obvious that the Prologue scenes are not literal events. Think of them the same way as Origins. They are just visuals to compliment the dialogue.
>
> I still can’t believe people have difficulty interpreting simple things like this.

Yeah. I had to dig up a bunch of quotes (the idiot on bungie.net hasn’t responded last I checked) to show that yes, The Halo2-3 mark VI armor is very much still canon.

He refused to believe it was canon and instead it must be retconned despite BEING IN MP…

Did anyone notice the Battle in the Prologue had an area that looked really similar to the area at the end of the game that got composed? (New Phoenix I believe.)

> > I think it’s pretty obvious that the Prologue scenes are not literal events. Think of them the same way as Origins. They are just visuals to compliment the dialogue.
> >
> > I still can’t believe people have difficulty interpreting simple things like this.
>
> Yeah. I had to dig up a bunch of quotes (the idiot on bungie.net hasn’t responded last I checked) to show that yes, The Halo2-3 mark VI armor is very much still canon.
>
> He refused to believe it was canon and instead it must be retconned despite BEING IN MP…

You’ve done all you can do. Idiots will be idiots.

> Did anyone notice the Battle in the Prologue had an area that looked really similar to the area at the end of the game that got composed? (New Phoenix I believe.)

That’s because the recycle resources

We don’t know and can’t say for sure if that battle was even real or when it took place if it was. For all we know it could exist only within Halsey’s imagination, somewhere behind the lobe of her brain that allows her to know which Spartans are which even when they have armor on.

I took it as Halsey’s own picture of the events when her Spartan’s would of been at their peak, specificially John as she is the only one who would likely know how his armor would upgrade over time.

I took it as her own picture of John pushing back the Covenant, and leading Humanity through the destruction the Covenant brought on it. It was more of a symbolic event and not a actual one, a twist of the timeline if you will in Halsey’s own eyes.