"Halo-4 primary" guns considered power weapons?

So I saw in warzone gameplay that “Halo-4 era” primaries (Like storm rifle, light rifle, plasma pistol, etc) are considered power weapons. Why? Are they simply more powerful than the basic loadout weapons?

I think storm rifle is a bit more powerful now. Not sure about this cause I’ve only used it once in the beta and have heard nothing about it since, but light rifle may also have been buffed. Now the plasma pistol you can just take down their shields and punch them in the face so…

Light Rifle is pretty powerful in its own right, and the Plasma Pistol can EMP vehicles. It’d make sense that gun shouldn’t be spawned with on-start without cost. We learned that lesson in Halo 4.

As for the Storm Rifle, I’m not sure.

Plasma Pistol should be a special weapon because of its EMP effect. The Storm Rifle looks much more powerful now and I may actually use it. The LightRifle is probably a special weapon just because there are already BRs and DMRs; I loved the LightRifle as a primary, but now its going to be a toss up between DMR and BR starts.

Did you play halo 4 BTB with the plasma pistol/grenade starts?

I rest my case

I absolutely did, but that doesn’t mean it didn’t offset the gameplay.

The DMR and carbine are basicly the same things, so why do you have to spend REQ levels to get a weapon you can get for free in your loadout? I understand the plasma pistol and mabey the storm rifle but why the carbine?

> 2533274875412897;6:
> I absolutely did, but that doesn’t mean it didn’t offset the gameplay.

I was referring to the OP

The plasma pistol and plasma grenade loadouts were the worst part of Halo 4. The vehicles had a short life because alien 'nade fest. I hated it when people stuck me before they die.

> 2533274850869596;3:
> Light Rifle is pretty powerful in its own right, and the Plasma Pistol can EMP vehicles. It’d make sense that gun shouldn’t be spawned with on-start without cost. We learned that lesson in Halo 4.
>
> As for the Storm Rifle, I’m not sure.

You are correct, the Lightrifle is a 3sk if you’re scoped which is way to strong for a load out weapon, but just in the sweet spot for a standard map pickup. And as far as the storm rifle goes, go find some gameplay. That thing takes down spartan’s shields as fast as a charged plasma pistol. Frankly it might be slightly overpowered but that’s probably balanced by a little skill necessary to use it (you have to tap the trigger to kill fast, or it overheats).

> 2535409846045318;7:
> The DMR and carbine are basicly the same things, so why do you have to spend REQ levels to get a weapon you can get for free in your loadout? I understand the plasma pistol and mabey the storm rifle but why the carbine?

The Carbine takes more shots and slightly less accuracy to kill, but it also has a quicker ttk when compared to the DMR. Also, i believe the Carbine has a slightly higher aim assist or bullet magnetism. All of these are minute differences, but it adds up.

No

PP is deadly, esp in tandem with a competent group, 1 guy is a dropper, the other clean up with a precision kill.

Pew pew pew

Gonna grab the carbine either way!
My guess with the carbine, starter weapons are unsc.

Gotta get them power weapons! But seriously, I’m just going to stick with the BR

Am I the only one who thought the Boltshot should have been a pickup weapon like the Plasma Pistol? As for DMR, Carbine, BR, etc., BRs always for starts, DRMs and Carbines for pickups, unless it is AR starts, then all mid range weapons should be pickups. IMO.

> 2533274871929668;8:
> > 2533274875412897;6:
> > I absolutely did, but that doesn’t mean it didn’t offset the gameplay.
>
>
> I was referring to the OP

Sorry about that.

Better balance is the main reason and the plasma pistol was a power weapon in Halo 2.

They’ve been improved greatly.