Halo 4 Prediction + other thoughts

I’d like to bring up the point that if 4 has a Reach style ranking here are some changes I’d like to see made:
Negative XP for betrayals (-2x the xp for 1 kill)
Negative XP for enemy time in the hill and carrying an oddball (-1/10 seconds)
Negative XP for losing consecutively
Bonus XP for winning consecutively
Bonus XP for time in a hill (+1/second), carrying an oddball(+1/second), capturing a flag
XP affects are doubled if you’re using fast track (-4xp for 1 betrayal, -2/10 seconds for enemy hill + ball time, +2/sec in the hill and +2/sec ball time etc.)

Let’s see here… There are 50 levels. Hopefully nothing like Reach where it started out quickly and got progressively slower until we get to the point that we’re moving slower than your spartans walk-speed. (Around Brig 3 / General + later)

My prediction is that we’ll have (Dare I say it) a Call of Duty ranking style, with a prestige mode. Yep, I said it, and it all adds up to a prestige style ranking. Custom load outs, weapons unlock via level, and adding 10 levels to get specializations. If this is the case (I have a strong feeling it will be) we better get some sweet rewards for going prestige. Maybe we can use specializations right off the bat, extra load-out, armours, skins, visors, emblems.

Your thoughts?

Not a bad idea, obviously it would only work if you subtracted it from your in game score, not your overall progression.

Got to say your idea is pretty good, I hate being team killed.

BUT; Do we really need a prestige mode as you suggested; I don’t really see the need for it, and I’m not saying that because it is from COD.

But that just my opinion.

> Not a bad idea, obviously it would only work if you subtracted it from your in game score, not your overall progression.
>
> Got to say your idea is pretty good, I hate being team killed.
>
> BUT; Do we really need a prestige mode as you suggested; I don’t really see the need for it, and I’m not saying that because it is from COD.
>
> But that just my opinion.

What will keep players playing multiplayer if they’re the highest rank, and have no specializations left? I guarantee CoD would lose 90% of it’s gamers if there was no prestige mode. You always need something to work towards in a videogame or else it gets stale.

losing xp for the enemy team having the objective is a terrible idea, bonus xp for holding bomb/being in hill and bonus xp for killing whilst your team hold such objectives i think would be a better idea, -xp for betraying hell yeah.

If prestiege you mean level ups after the final level? if so then yes specializations are basically the prestiege of halo 4 to be honest it looks pretty cool check out the latest halo 4 update for more info.