Halo 4 Pre-Order DLC Only for 1 Account?

Apparently, when you redeem any of the pre-order bonuses for Halo 4 (e.g Locus Helmet, Venator Raptor Armor, Specializations etc.), it is only available to the account that redeemed the code. Many of you are probably aware of this annoying issue, especially for those who play with friends/ family members on the same Xbox. This issue, oddly enough, didn’t appear for the Pre-order Bonus for Halo Reach (Recon Helmet). Could anybody from 343 Industries fix issue?
Also, anybody else who is annoyed by this problem could help by spreading the word around. Hopefully word will get to 343 soon enough and they could roll out some patch to fix this issue.
P.S When redeeming the code, it clearly states in the Usage Restrictions that the content is available to ALL local users on the same Xbox console. The stated problem clearly some glitch, and I hope it can be fixed soon. :slight_smile:

I just emailed amazon and said I never received my code, then when I entered it, I said it didn’t work. WebCIO for all my friends!

Yeah this is a known issue. Some guy got the game for his kid and redeemed the codes under his GT instead of his son’s because it stated it was for ALL users associated to the xbox, but clearly they were wrong. I’d just harass 343 with emails and phone calls.

Xbox support has said this is by design, however the Terms and Conditions when you enter the code say that it can be used for all accounts on that console, so it’s kind of a broken contract. Contact Xbox support and inform them that it says that in the Ts and Cs.

> Xbox support has said this is by design, however the Terms and Conditions when you enter the code say that it can be used for all accounts on that console, so it’s kind of a broken contract. Contact Xbox support and inform them that it says that in the Ts and Cs.

That’s because Xbox Support doesn’t like to admit mistakes.

343 have confirmed that they are looking into the issue in the main thread.

> > Xbox support has said this is by design, however the Terms and Conditions when you enter the code say that it can be used for all accounts on that console, so it’s kind of a broken contract. Contact Xbox support and inform them that it says that in the Ts and Cs.
>
> That’s because Xbox Support doesn’t like to admit mistakes.
>
> <mark>343 have confirmed that they are looking into the issue in the main thread.</mark>

Cool, thanks for pointing that out. I hadn’t realized that… Noted for future reference. :slight_smile:

There’s some light at the end of the tunnel for those affected!

could possibly inform the better business bureau also but thats a maybe

Update: 343 has identified the cause of the issue and are developing a way to fix it.
It was stated in the “Issues Being Investigated” Forum Thread. I’m sure we are all looking forward to the fix coming out soon. :slight_smile: