HALO 4: power weapons that take Skill.

I Think that for Halo 4 to be a great competitive game, there should be more power weapons that can deal huge damage if used by a skilled player. Of course the Sniper is a given that requires skill to use (less so in Reach than in say H3), but what im referring to is the grenade launcher. This weapon deals out huge amounts of damage and in skilled hands can turn the tide of a game. So basically what im trying to say is would you like to see more SKILLED power weapons (Like Reach’s GL) in Halo 4, or just keep it restricted to the sniper as far a skilled power weapons go.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

It’s not the weapon that takes skill. It takes skill to get to the weapon first and use it efficiently.

So an instant kill weapon is “skilled”? okay…

But skill is such a relative term.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

There’s a reason people go for the rockets and sniper first.

So you are saying that a rocket takes skill when all you have to do is, well, shoot?
Or a sniper, where all you have to do is camp, shoot, move?
Come on.

I agree completely. The Grenade Launcher is an excellent weapon, but it’s not just anybody that can use it, since you need to be smart about what you do. Halo 4 should definitely have more weapons like this.

>

I could camp in a corner with stickies and would that be over powering?
Its the other players fault for

1. not getting the weapon first and
  2. not avoiding or countering it. (in reach all i would do is choose jetpack and its a given rocket player kill…nearly

No thanks, I don’t want to have to master every weapon in the game; learning the sniper is hard enough.

I really hope the pro pipe (grenade launcher) makes a return in Halo 4.

Then halo probably isn’t for you and I would recommend CoD or BF3 for an easier game. Halo was never about being EASY, it was a FPS that took skill and knowledge. Now that Reach has been out for a while people automatically assume they are going to get a noob friendly game in Halo 4. Well I would like and hope to say alot of players who discovered Reach and that being their first Halo game being flushed out by a return of the more hardcore competitive community.

> It’s not the weapon that takes skill. It takes skill to get to the weapon first and use it efficiently.

> I agree completely. The Grenade Launcher is an excellent weapon, but it’s not just anybody that can use it, since you need to be smart about what you do. Halo 4 should definitely have more weapons like this.

I agree.

and the same goes for the ‘‘Splazer’’ To hit something that’s travelling quickly at range takes skill, and killing a player on foot relatively close to you is even harder.

I want more weapons like the grenade launcher. I want the sniper rifle to stop being the only weapon (save rockets) that matters. It’s a -Yoink- sniper rifle, why is it so accurate from the hip and point blank range >:(? It breaks the sand box. Inb4 fanboy hate.

Skill is overrated. Completely, utterly, horrifically, overrated… as well as vastly misunderstood… especially within this community.

I’d love to see the GL return.

> Skill is overrated. Completely, utterly, horrifically, overrated… as well as vastly misunderstood… especially within this community.

Please explain. I think skill is a good thing, it gives people something to work towards. It’s definitely not overrated. I also fail to see how it’s a misunderstood conecpt.