HALO 4 population

Okay so we all know Call of Duty beats HALO in almost all records(statistically), but HALO 3 came close. But why do people continue to tolerate this game, come back and play, why does it sell more copies, and get more players daily? I just want to know why. There is nothing good about COD (or at least the more modern games like MW3) and all the HALO games shouldbeat more records and get more players, but they don’t. But what they do do is come very close, and beat every other game besides COD, and thats what makes the HALO community what it is. It’s one of the most active gaming communities in the world, but now it doesn’t look like HALO is going to take on a positive future because of 343. I want to know what you guys think about this, and the HALO 4 population.

We are all entitled to an opinion. Call of Duty is easy. Halo takes skill. Oh and by the way, Halo 3 still is the best selling game on Xbox ever. 14 million copies I think?

Because each CoD match is different and each Halo match is the same.

> Because each CoD match is different and each Halo match is the same.

False, Halo’s are just copied pasted with additions in more and this is how we do a new game.

Halo population has decreased because they are devenuent boring and unplayable.

because a skillful game is not always a better game. cod in many people’s opinions has a more fun multiplayer, better graphics, better theme (some people just hate sci-fi shooters), and is as aforementioned easier to play.

Cod has way more players because 1. Reach was a low point. 2. It is addictive with its fast paced gameplay and a rank which shows up and, because the majority of cod players are limited 12 year olds (Speaking from experience here, not bashing), the amount of time playing in that game “is how pro you are”.

I play it because it IS fun, and I like playing it with friends…although games like MW3 incorporates too many broken game mechanics.

Halo 3 was a best in worldwide records, being the most sold entertainment, not just video game. But It is very hard for me to pick up Reach and play it for more than 2 games - alone - nowadays, right after I play cod. Halo is my FPS at heart, but Reach is truly terrible, and Halo 3 is just a lagfest for me. I’m hoping Halo 4 brings back the faster gameplay of Halo 3 and Halo 2, along with customization inspired by other games (Which, let me say, is another reason why Cod has so many players.). I really want to play Halo 4 day and night, but If it’s really as slow as Reach, I truly cannot bring myself to play it that much, and I’m sure I’d go to BO2.

I’m sure its also one of the reasons why there used to be so many Halo 3 commentators, but barely any Halo Reach commentators, and now, nearly none. Hopefully Halo 4 remedies that…

> > Because each CoD match is different and each Halo match is the same.
>
> False, Halo’s are just copied pasted with additions and more and this is how we do a new game.
>
> Halo population has decreased because they are devenuent boring and unplayable.

Ohhh myyy, you seriously think each CoD match is totally the same? Wow… Actually, you’re false. Halo has never been a “copied and pasted” game.

CoD is the one in comparision that’s a copy and paste.

The only reason why the population of Halo decreased was because of Reach, most Halo players we’re particually upset, angry about the whole multiplayer matchmaking system and lost faith in Bungie and Halo.

Halo 4 will be amazing and raise a large population.

> > > Because each CoD match is different and each Halo match is the same.
> >
> > False, Halo’s are just copied pasted with additions and more and this is how we do a new game.
> >
> > Halo population has decreased because they are devenuent boring and unplayable.
>
> Ohhh myyy, you seriously think each CoD match is totally different? Wow… Actually, you’re false. Halo has never been a “copied and pasted” game.
>
> CoD is the one in comparision that’s a copy and paste.

Both are similar and looks especially since Halo Reach.

Halo and COD in there that children play, this is why the Halo becoming worse.

It must be done to update to this new population.

I prefer halo to cods by loads but ill say it likes its plain, its easier which mean it has a wider audience, its more rewarding in that you are rewarded much more for playing on-line compared to halo it makes the player think they are good at the game which in most cases they are not

> Both are similar and looks especially since Halo Reach.
>
> Halo and COD in there that children play, this is why the Halo becoming worse.
>
> It must be done to update to this new population.

So you think kids are ruining specifically Halo because the kids play CoD and Halo? What??? :S
Enlighten me about specifically how to “update the population”…

There are many kids that play pretty much every game that’s out right now. If a kid wants to play a game, then they play the game because they like it.
I don’t mean to be rude, but: If you don’t like the fact that kids play games, then you need to kind of ignore them as you would do.

So sorry for the bump. :frowning:

Call of Duty appeals to the masses and is surprisingly addicting with it’s unlock systems. Despite the lack of innovation (which ironically, Halo is guilty of the same thing), it has a winning formula that sells like crazy.

You can hate and bash on COD all you want but the above cannot be disputed. Halo is still a great game and one of higher quality. So in essence, it already beats COD even if it doesn’t Reach those sky high sales charts. Some of you need to remember that the most important part of judging a games success is not entirely based upon it’s sales (unless it bombed) but how much you and your friends enjoyed playing the game. If you had a -Yoinking!- blast playing Halo 4, then BO II sales should be irrelevant.

Yeah, I’m sure Infinity Ward likes being known as the company whose games are played by five year olds.

> We are all entitled to an opinion. Call of Duty is easy. Halo takes skill. Oh and by the way, Halo 3 still is the best selling game on Xbox ever. 14 million copies I think?

Untrue, the best selling xbox game of all time is, surprisingly (and I mean VERY surprisingly) is Kinect Adventures, with Black Ops 2nd and then Halo 3.

Not that I don’t enjoy some CoD games, but CoD is for the simple minded. Halo is too complicated for their fanbase. They just want a straightforward shoot and kill game. Halo has a story, is emotional, has actual music, has characters with a lot of background, AND IT HAS BOOKS. Also CoD is what the “popular” kids play after school and work. Halo has shields which makes you have to be more tactical but i don’t know. Some people prefer the “realism” in CoD and some people prefer the sci-fi part.

I just know that I’ll always prefer Halo to CoD, it’s just the grenade indicators in Halo 4 that bother me.

> Call of Duty appeals to the masses and is surprisingly addicting with it’s unlock systems. Despite the lack of innovation (which ironically, Halo is guilty of the same thing), it has a winning formula that sells like crazy.

the unlock system is the only reason people actually play CoD, the gameplay is atrocious, the netcode is horrendous and all people do is just rage at it yet despite all this they play it as if it was a religion, damn that unlock system.

when i explain to people whats actually happening, why they’re playing they soon rage quit it and move on to other games because they start looking at the game itself and not the unlock system.

Seriously? Another one of these threads? Give the Halo/CoD fanboy war a rest already.

> because a skillful game is not always a better game. cod in many people’s opinions has a more fun multiplayer, better graphics, better theme (some people just hate sci-fi shooters), and is as aforementioned easier to play.

The graphics suck, and theme? Barney or the power rangers had better themes than cod

Call of Duty is rewarding. It says like +2000 points with cool music for like every kill you get. If Halo was more rewarding, it would attract more people. But no, they’ve reduced the size of the medals and it is not near as rewarding as Call of Duty.

> Seriously? Another one of these threads? Give the Halo/CoD fanboy war a rest already.

This was the first immature response in this thread. You’re not being constructive and the OP asked a legitimate question. There’s a reason why CoD sells so well, all he wants to know is why. So people can now tell him about CoD mechanics and what makes/breaks the games.