Halo 4, please balance precision weapons!

In the previous Halo games, precision weapons have been rather overpowered. This is due to the fact that they tend to beat all other weapons at just about any range.

For Halo 4, please make precision weapons balanced. The BR/DMR should NOT win at 10 meters, and should tend to lose at 25. Precision weapons should be strictly mid range, since all of the other weapons in the game only work well at a certain range and in certain scenarios. Why should there be a weapon that works well at all ranges and in most scenarios?

If precision weapons were balanced like this and the maps for 8 players to 12 players were designed correctly, people wouldn’t have a problem with AR starts. It would also add a bigger learning curve to the game which in turn would create a bigger skill gap. It would also reduce the amount of useless weapons.

This has nothing to do with which weapon takes more skill to use.

The magnum is not counted as a precision weapon, it is counted as a sidearm.

100% agreed, I think Halo 2 did this the best. Halo CE had the overpowered Magnum, but at least it was fun to use. The other multiplayers were kinda ruined for me because you were forced to use the BR or DMR. In Halo 2 precision weapons didn’t dominate the rest of the sandbox because dual wielding wasn’t nerfed like it was in Halo 3. I also miss the SMG starts… :frowning:

Edit: Shouldn’t this be in the Multiplayer section?

> 100% agreed, I think Halo 2 did this the best. Halo CE had the overpowered Magnum, but at least it was fun to use. The other multiplayers were kinda ruined for me because you were forced to use the BR or DMR. In Halo 2 precision weapons didn’t dominate the rest of the sandbox because dual wielding wasn’t nerfed like it was in Halo 3. I also miss the SMG starts… :frowning:
>
> Edit: Shouldn’t this be in the Multiplayer section?

I was thinking the same thing… I swear I create the topics in multiplayer but they end up in forge!

One moment.

I disagree. Proper utility weapon balance means it should be about equally effective at all/most ranges but not the best at any of them. The Battle Rifle should always be an acceptable choice in any battle scenario, and good enough to win it with enough skill. The Assault Rifle should be the “safe choice” in CQB by dealing a steady amount of damage and requiring little skill to use, with the BR being the risk/reward since it’s harder to use but could potentially win the fight. It shouldn’t just be “I have AR, this is close-range, I win,” because that type of gameplay is called “Rock, Paper, Scissors.”

I’m not saying an AR should never win in close-range, I’m just saying it shouldn’t completely dominate just because it’s an Assault Rifle. If a Battle Rifle user is skilled enough to win the fight, they deserve the kill.