Halo 4 Playlists and What you Want to See

I feel that there shouldn’t be an excessive amount of playlists in Halo 4’s MM. That only leads to dividing the population as well as increasing search times. The playlists should be simple and cater to things that are truly in demand. Most gametype specific playlists are simply unneeded and are better left as Double xp Weekends. And there need to be popular playlists exclusive to the ranked section to encourage players to take on challenges.

Ranked (whatever system 343 comes up with)

-Team Slayer (no personal ordinance drops, classic weapon spawns on map)
-Lone Wolves (classic settings, Slayer, KoTH, Oddball, Regicide)
-Team Doubles (no objective, choice between Classic TS and Infinity settings)
-Ranked BTB (6v6-8v8, classic and infinity settings, Slayer and Objective)
-SWAT
-Team Snipers
-MLG

Social

-Infinity Slayer
-Multi Team
-Rumble Pit (infinity slayer and objective)
-Team Skirmish (objective with infinity settings)
-Big Team Social (Infinity settings)
-Action Sack (Griffball and other unique gametypes)
-Infection (Due to demand)

I have an idea that it should be organized like this

By the way the image was created by me, and I did make a thread. I just couldn’t find the thread… :frowning:

> I have an idea that it should be organized like this
>
> By the way the image was created by me, and I did make a thread. I just couldn’t find the thread… :frowning:

That would just add an unnecessary level of complication and divide the number of playlists even more than Reach does. We don’t want an average of 200 people in one playlist and 10,000 in Infection Swat Slayer

You say you don’t want to divide the community then proceed to ask for seperate playlists for social and ranked.

Irony!

I’d prefer a toggle in the menu, like player preferences in Reach, to determine whether you play ranked or not. It allows people who prefer ranked to get their shiny little number and all without doubling the playlists.

> You say you don’t want to divide the community then proceed to ask for seperate playlists for social and ranked.

Not what I meant at all. I meant dividing the community into 25+ playlists like Reach did. There will always be a Social / Ranked division among players. Encouraging both sides to move to occasionally move to the other isn’t a bad thing.

> > I have an idea that it should be organized like this
> >
> > By the way the image was created by me, and I did make a thread. I just couldn’t find the thread… :frowning:
>
> That would just add an unnecessary level of complication and divide the number of playlists even more than Reach does. We don’t want an average of 200 people in one playlist and 10,000 in Infection Swat Slayer

There are limits of course, no such thing as Infection Swat Slayer. (quite hilarious) I think it would reduce the nuisance of people complaining that it wasn’t SWAT Slayer, when people chose SWAT Potato.

All from Reach and the rest from Halo 3.

The only thing that I dont want is a DLC playlist.
I hope 343 make it like it was in Halo3 with the DLC because I want to play new maps in all playlists and not only in one playlist.

If it will be the same like Reach I wont buy any mappack.
I dont want to waste my money.
And because of this I dont preorder the game.Who knows what will happen…

> I feel that there shouldn’t be an excessive amount of playlists in Halo 4’s MM. That only leads to dividing the population as well as increasing search times. The playlists should be simple and cater to things that are truly in demand. Most gametype specific playlists are simply unneeded and are better left as Double xp Weekends. And there need to be popular playlists exclusive to the ranked section to encourage players to take on challenges.
>
>
> Ranked (whatever system 343 comes up with)
>
> -Team Slayer (no personal ordinance drops, classic weapon spawns on map)
> -Lone Wolves (classic settings, Slayer, KoTH, Oddball, Regicide)
> -Team Doubles (no objective, choice between Classic TS and Infinity settings)
> -Ranked BTB (6v6-8v8, classic and infinity settings, Slayer and Objective)
> -SWAT
> -Team Snipers
> -MLG
>
>
> Social
>
> -Infinity Slayer
> -Multi Team
> -Rumble Pit (infinity slayer and objective)
> -Team Skirmish (objective with infinity settings)
> -Big Team Social (Infinity settings)
> -Action Sack (Griffball and other unique gametypes)
> -Infection (Due to demand)

How come you didn’t include the Halo 4 default team slayer? It uses the Ordnance system (similar to classic weapon drops), but not personal ordnance drop. It’s going to be in the game. Lonewolves shouldn’t use classic settings either. That would mean no AAs, but I’m fine as long as “classic settings” are gametype specific and not forced upon the whole Lonewolves playlist.

Infinity:
Infinity Slayer (4vs4)
Infinity BTB Slayer (8vs8)
Infinity Invasion (7vs7)

Competitive:
Multi-Team(2vs2x8)
Infection (FFAx14)
Team Slayer (4vs4)
BTB (8vs8)
Multi-Squad (4vs4x4)
Doubles (2vs2)
SWAT (5vs5)
Snipers (5vs5)
Lone Wolves (FFAx8)
Classic (4vs4)
FFA Classic (FFAx8)

Community:
Grifball (4vs4)
MLG (4vs4)
BTB.NET (8vs8)
Cartographers (4vs4, community maps beta test, rotating maps)
BTC (8vs8, community maps beta test, rotating maps)

Weekend Madness:(rotating weekend playlists)
Ultimate Griball (8vs8)
Infinity Brawl (FFAx16, Infinity Slayer settings)
Others

Achievement HORSE.

> How come you didn’t include the Halo 4 default team slayer? It uses the Ordnance system (similar to classic weapon drops), but not personal ordnance drop.

Thats what I was getting at lol. And I personally feel that Ranked Playlists shouldn’t use Infinity Settings (except maybe Doubles when chosen as a gametype). This doesn’t necessarily mean no sprint though. Sprint is probably going to be required for the maps to function properly.

> Infinity:
> Infinity Slayer (4vs4)
> Infinity BTB Slayer (8vs8)
> Infinity Invasion (7vs7)
>
> Competitive:
> Multi-Team(2vs2x8)
> Infection (FFAx14)
> Team Slayer (4vs4)
> BTB (8vs8)
> Multi-Squad (4vs4x4)
> Doubles (2vs2)
> SWAT (5vs5)
> Snipers (5vs5)
> Lone Wolves (FFAx8)
> Classic (4vs4)
> FFA Classic (FFAx8)
>
> Community:
> Grifball (4vs4)
> MLG (4vs4)
> BTB.NET (8vs8)
> Cartographers (4vs4, community maps beta test, rotating maps)
> BTC (8vs8, community maps beta test, rotating maps)
>
>
> <mark>Weekend Madness:(rotating weekend playlists)</mark>
> <mark>Ultimate Griball (8vs8)</mark>
> <mark>Infinity Brawl (FFAx16, Infinity Slayer settings)</mark>
> <mark>Others
[/quote]
</mark>Yes, weekend playlists need to return. Those examples sound very fun.

Ranked
Team Slayer
Big Team Battle
Lone Wolves
MLG
SWAT
Snipers
Souble Team

Social
Big Team Battle
Social Slayer
Social Objective
Rumble Pit
Infection

Other
Map Testing
Whatever the community comes up with
Double XP Weekend

As standard, playlists would have both Infinity and Vanilla servers. You’d choose which game mode you wanted (or you could pick ‘no preference’) after picking a playlist, or you could give your account a default setting via the menu system. Obviously some playlists, e.g. Classic, wouldn’t have this option.

Well, an abundance of playlists will allow players to play what they want, which is good. I wouldn’t mind longer search times if it meant that I can play what I wish to play.

Sektor’s list is fine. I just dont think we need duplicate playlist in certain cases such as 2 BTB playlist. The population would not sadly be able to survive a RBTB. Halo 3 had it I heard and it bombed. 2 Objective Playlist could result in the same thing. Even if you make it R Squad Battle, it too was removed in Halo 3. 343 should look at past playlist failures in terms of population and set each delicately to where no one playlist is DEEP under performing.

> Infinity:
> Infinity Slayer (4vs4)
> Infinity BTB Slayer (8vs8)
> Infinity Invasion (7vs7)
>
> Competitive:
> Multi-Team(2vs2x8)
> Infection (FFAx14)
> Team Slayer (4vs4)
> BTB (8vs8)
> Multi-Squad (4vs4x4)
> Doubles (2vs2)
> SWAT (5vs5)
> Snipers (5vs5)
> Lone Wolves (FFAx8)
> Classic (4vs4)
> FFA Classic (FFAx8)
>
> Community:
> Grifball (4vs4)
> MLG (4vs4)
> BTB.NET (8vs8)
> Cartographers (4vs4, community maps beta test, rotating maps)
> BTC (8vs8, community maps beta test, rotating maps)
>
>
> Weekend Madness:(rotating weekend playlists)
> Ultimate Griball (8vs8)
> Infinity Brawl (FFAx16, Infinity Slayer settings)
> Others

I like this list. Though Multi-team and Multi-Squad seem kind of big.

Does anyone else kind of wish they would completely re-do the MM system? With so many things changing for this new era of Halo I kind of wish we could get a new take on MM besides the “playlists” idea. I really enjoy how in games like BF3 and can choose specifically what map/mode I want to play, or (can’t believe I’m saying this) in CoD how they’re set up by gametype. I guess I just want a little more control over what I’m going to be playing instead of going into the playlist of the game/map I wanna play and hoping it shows up.

> Does anyone else kind of wish they would completely re-do the MM system? With so many things changing for this new era of Halo I kind of wish we could get a new take on MM besides the “playlists” idea. I really enjoy how in games like BF3 and can choose specifically what map/mode I want to play, or (can’t believe I’m saying this) in CoD how they’re set up by gametype. I guess I just want a little more control over what I’m going to be playing instead of going into the playlist of the game/map I wanna play and hoping it shows up.

COD has the population for something like that, Halo does not unfortunately.

I think the fewer playlists you can condense them into, the better.

Ranked
Slayer
MLG
Snipers
Lone Wolves
Doubles
Objective
SWAT

Social
BTB
Slayer
Rumble Pit
Multi-Team
Squad (Includes all Social Objective modes)

Community
Action Sack
Grifball
Classic (Possibly ranked instead?)
Living Dead
Double XP Weekend

16 Playlists, plus weekend playlist.

Weekend rotation could include Community Slayer, Flag Variants, Throwback, Fiesta, Maption Sack, Rocket Race and whatever else people want. Maybe have a vote for next weekend playlist on Waypoint?

Don’t forget, there is supposed to be a new replacement for Invasion coming.

Longbow was designed around it.