Halo 4 playlist layout?

I hope the playlists are set up in a better fashion than Reach. For example, Infection. Fun but needs to stay in rumble pit because it drvies to many people from other playlists. Are you hoping the same or a playlist for every gametype?

It was a spread since infection was introduced in halo 3 as a grab bag gametype. it was seen as such a fun game it became its own gamemode. so truly It should remain where it is but gametypes such as juggernaut[regicide] and swords need to return to rumble pit.

People play Infection, to play Infection. Not to play a mash-up of gametypes that is Rumble Pit. That would be like putting SWAT and Infinity Slayer in with Team Slayer.

There’s a reason it’s the second most populated playlist, I’ll let you think about that reason.

It should return to how it was in Halo 3. Double XP weekends were awesome times.

> People play Infection, to play Infection. Not to play a mash-up of gametypes that is Rumble Pit. That would be like putting SWAT and Infinity Slayer in with Team Slayer.
>
> There’s a reason it’s the second most populated playlist, I’ll let you think about that reason.

It wouldn’t be such an issue if people used it to stat pad which they do, a lot of Living Dead’s population was that and still is, it was a lot more fun as a Weekend Warrior playlist because people would look forward to it coming out and getting EXP/Credits for it and double as well as.

I believe some body needs to take a break from posting for a while…

> I believe some body needs to take a break from posting for a while…

Only if you share some of your Bacon!

> It should return to how it was in Halo 3. Double XP weekends were awesome times.

The only way i want it to be along with a few others.

So you’re saying it should be removed b/c it’s TOO popular? Removing infection won’t help the other playlists as much as you think b/c it will only entice people to go into custom games to play it instead or they will all flock to Rumble Pit or Action Sack or wherever they put it and those playlists will get ruined like Rocket Hog Race did to Multi-Team. Why are people so concerned w/ population numbers that they’re willing to cut the game’s variety just to increase them a tiny bit? Nobody had a problem w/ them in Halo 2 or 3, but b/c Reach was Yoink! and people stopped playing it then all of a sudden it became a big deal. If Halo 4 is good, and it’s lookin more and more like it will be, then populations WON’T BE A PROBLEM!

> > People play Infection, to play Infection. Not to play a mash-up of gametypes that is Rumble Pit. That would be like putting SWAT and Infinity Slayer in with Team Slayer.
> >
> > There’s a reason it’s the second most populated playlist, I’ll let you think about that reason.
>
> It wouldn’t be such an issue if people used it to stat pad which they do, a lot of Living Dead’s population was that and still is, it was a lot more fun as a Weekend Warrior playlist because people would look forward to it coming out and getting EXP/Credits for it and double as well as.

Right, well I’m sure the 7,000+ players who play Infection daily won’t mind at all not being able to play that gametype the other 5 days of the week.

I liked halo 3’s setup.

I think infection should keep it’s own playlist though. You can’t really give people something and then take it back…

I reckon Reach can keep Living Dead as a permanent playlist, but I’m hoping 343 would go back to making Living Dead a Double EXP weekend or something of that sort for Halo 4. It was a lot more fun when you could only play it now and then, and felt a lot more special, too.

> > > People play Infection, to play Infection. Not to play a mash-up of gametypes that is Rumble Pit. That would be like putting SWAT and Infinity Slayer in with Team Slayer.
> > >
> > > There’s a reason it’s the second most populated playlist, I’ll let you think about that reason.
> >
> > It wouldn’t be such an issue if people used it to stat pad which they do, a lot of Living Dead’s population was that and still is, it was a lot more fun as a Weekend Warrior playlist because people would look forward to it coming out and getting EXP/Credits for it and double as well as.
>
> Right, well I’m sure the 7,000+ players who play Infection daily won’t mind at all not being able to play that gametype the other 5 days of the week.

The damn hell didn’t mind it in Halo 3 :wink:

> I reckon Reach can keep Living Dead as a permanent playlist, but I’m hoping 343 would go back to making Living Dead a Double EXP weekend or something of that sort for Halo 4. It was a lot more fun when you could only play it now and then, and felt a lot more special, too.

I agree, but they should do that with a new gametype. not infection.

> People play Infection, to play Infection. Not to play a mash-up of gametypes that is Rumble Pit. That would be like putting SWAT and Infinity Slayer in with Team Slayer.
>
> There’s a reason it’s the second most populated playlist, I’ll let you think about that reason.

Thrid, actually.

Team Slayer and Team SWAT both have more players on average than Living Dead.

I don’t play Infection, but I don’t think it’d be fair to just take it out if people like playing it. That’d be like someone saying Team Snipers or Double Team is stupid, let’s remove em. The more playlists the merrier, variety will draw people.

Ranked Playlists:
FFA
Team Slayer
Team Objective
BTB
Doubles
Snipers
MLG

Social Playlists:
Rumble Pit (Includes Infection)
Team Slayer
Team Objective
BTB
Action Sack (with OLD gametypes, not the -Yoink- Reach one’s)
SWAT
Multi-Team
Invasion

Double EXP Weekend
Grifball
Living Dead
etc.

Call me a Purist all you want, Halo 3’s system was PERFECT.

> I don’t play Infection, but I don’t think it’d be fair to just take it out if people like playing it. That’d be like someone saying Team Snipers or Double Team is stupid, let’s remove em. The more playlists the merrier, variety will draw people.

No one complained in Halo 3.

And more playlists don’t “draw people in” they seperate the community! That is the exact OPPOSITE attitude 343 needs to take in Halo 4.

I just hope it’s not Reach-style, with 99%* of playlists under one sub-heading.

*May contain hyperbole

> Ranked Playlists:
> FFA
> Team Slayer
> Team Objective
> BTB
> Doubles
> Snipers
> MLG
>
> Social Playlists:
> Rumble Pit (Includes Infection)
> Team Slayer
> Team Objective
> BTB
> Action Sack (with OLD gametypes, not the Yoink! Reach one’s)
> SWAT
> Multi-Team
> Invasion
>
> Double EXP Weekend
> Grifball
> Living Dead
> etc.
>
> Call me a Purist all you want, Halo 3’s system was PERFECT.

No invasion playlist as its a 6v6 BTB 3 stage Objective playlist and would take away from the population of Both Normal and, Ranked BTB

Otherwise your list IS PERFECT