Halo 4 player type r u? Is this legit? CSR!

I’ve played a lot of Halo 4 games. I have tried to learn new things from players much better than me and try and adopt them into my play style to improve.

No Gamer Tags will be mentioned nor will they be supplied via PM.

Over the past few weeks, I came across one player who I believed to be some Halo 4 God killing machine. I’ve since been on the same team a few times and on the opposite team a few times for about 14 games total. This person goes like between 35 to as high as 71 kills almost each and every game.

So, I checked out their Waypoint Halo 4 stats page and the person has literally thousands of killing frenzies and running riots, almost a thousand rampages and multitudes of other medals. It was mind boggling! Yet, after being in 14 games they were in, I knew they were capable of such impressive stats. But how?

I went off to HaloTracker to view their Halo 4 stats and found them to be number one in the World with several weapons and vehicles, and medals including killing types etc.

Although I missed the three games we played in, I decided to save the films from subsequent games and once I got to ten or so, I decided I would watch them and get some tricks and tips to adopt to my own play style.

Last night, we played our 14th game, opposite teams. I had worked out enough about the player that I was able to take him down 4 times which seems to be rare for people to do. I wondered why? He was able to still place first, his team won and he got 31 kills, below average for him.

I finally decided to watch the videos and, did so in reverse order, from that game back.

Legit stuff:

If he spawns on Blue team, he always goes Gunner and is driven around so he gets the kills (fair enough);

If he is able to he acquires a vehicle, such as the Banshee or Scorpion and goes on kills (fair enough).

Legit but weird stuff

First, I should mention that he always has one or more people on his team/party and they are in the same armor and colors etc.

If he is not near a vehicle but one of his team gets a vehicle, say the banshee or Scorpion, they ensure they get it to him and give it to him so he can get the kills (legit, sure, but weird kind of having such fan-boys on your team and the “I’m the killing God” right?)

IMO, not Legit stuff

When it comes to non vehicle play and he is on foot combat, his minions, the videos reveal, serve him. They keep close by and make sure he is not flanked and killed so he can keep on wracking up kills (fair enough I guess).

But, what I think is boosting, and thus where I decided I lost respect for his alleged God like status, is what I discovered next. His weapon stats are boosted on the account that his minions, if they earn a power weapon or kill another player with a power weapon, they do not use it themselves but ALWAYS give it to him when he is ready to use it! Video after video, the same events unfold, acquire a power weapon, don’t use it, give it to God.

So, I then instantly lost respect for the player that I thought was skilled. Instead, I found some who is brilliant with strategy and tactics which serve to make him look better than he is by using others to protect him while he gets the kills, and by giving him all their power weapons. All of a sudden, his 5.5 KD is less valid. All of a sudden, his number one stats for various weapons are less valid due to the boosting nature he arrived at those number ones…

CSR

I have no doubt that this process will continue when the CSR kicks in.

So, is this the new way to boost and get 50s?

Questions:

What type of Halo 4 player are you?

Does the above person deserve to be number one, or did they actually earn the number one, for various weapon stats?

Do you think such a method is legit?

Will this be a problem for CSR?

Or, should any one care at all/doe sit even matter?

How many others are probably doing the same thing?

Edited by Moderator - Please do not use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

If hes getting the kills without actually kills boosting off of players who let them get kills its fine.

I tend to not pay too much attention to those types of players. I have certainly seen them from time to time, and in a game that has social interactions there are bound to be cults of personality.

It seems that the best strategy to deal with that type of player is to go after his minions instead of the cult leader himself. When they earn an ordinance: steal it. When they’re driving a vehicle to him, destroy or capture it.

With the team games I care less about personal stats, and more about what it would take to defeat the enemy team: no matter how boosted his or her stats are at the end of the game (thus, me really liking Regicide, but that’s beside the point).

As for CSR… I’m sure his actions and the actions of his cult will have a very positive influence on it. How much do you want to bet that the player trolls internet forums and holds his stats above everyone else as a form logical fallacy when arguing over his key points?

meh who cares what he does. He doesn’t sounds very good if he can’t play by himself. Sounds like his friends / teammates pamper him a ton. I’d love to see him play alone, I bet he’d fall apart and rage quit against any decent players lol

> If hes getting the kills without actually kills boosting off of players who let them get kills its fine.

Fair enough.

> > If hes getting the kills without actually kills boosting off of players who let them get kills its fine.
>
> Fair enough.

Its not exactly boosting, but you gotta admit, its pretty a pretty cheap tactic.

God huh, PM me his gt I want to challenge him.
(JKS don’t send it to me, is he a BR or a DMR person? )

> I tend to not pay too much attention to those types of players. I have certainly seen them from time to time, and in a game that has social interactions there are bound to be cults of personality.
>
> It seems that the best strategy to deal with that type of player is to go after his minions instead of the cult leader himself. When they earn an ordinance: steal it. When they’re driving a vehicle to him, destroy or capture it.
>
> <mark>With the team games</mark> I care less about personal stats, <mark>and more about what it would take to defeat the enemy team:</mark> no matter how boosted his or her stats are at the end of the game (thus, me really liking Regicide, but that’s beside the point).
>
> As for CSR… I’m sure his actions and the actions of his cult will have a very positive influence on it. How much do you want to bet that the player trolls internet forums and holds his stats above everyone else as a form logical fallacy when arguing over his key points?

Cool! Thanks for your reply! :slight_smile:

I will pass on that bet as I agree with you!

> God huh, PM me his gt I want to challenge him.
> (JKS don’t send it to me, is he a BR or a DMR person? )

Sorry, I won’t give any more info out which might lead to his or her identification…

:slight_smile:

i remember something a little bit like what u say (im not gonna say de GT either) but with another guys, except this one just take the killshots

(teammates take down the shields and he deliver the oneshot kill)

actually it was a friend of a girl i know on xbox live and the guy always stalked her (u know…lol)

after playing like 5 matches and get a lot of assist medals and i was like
ok who the hell taked my kills? it was always the same guy i didn’t pay attention

till one day i played with the girl on a private match and this yoinker came in de match (she forgot to close it to friends) xD

OMG…what a rap3…it was a miracle to that guy land more than 2 shots after getting killed 7 times in a row by me, he left the game

moral of the story: high K/D is not skill some times

Honestly, in my opinion, the whole “boosting” you describe, is a legitimate strategy. Sure it’s very weird and far off, but that actually takes some thinking and really isn’t cheating in any way. And of course isn’t reflective of his 1v1 skills.

But I wouldn’t call it “boosting”.

well, I guess since anyone can do it, it’s technically fair. However I think it’s despicable, lame, and completely pointless as playing Halo is really about YOUR skill and abilities. And as far as this guys “slave” tactics are concerned that is negated. Thus why play? How does that feel good? His victories and stats are not truly earned, and it’s borderline cheating.