Halo 4 Phantoms

Not a subject I’ve seen brought up on the forums yet, I was wondering how do you want the Phantoms to be like in terms of destructability?

Now in Halo 3 the Phantoms could be destroyed in about 3 well placed rockets or fuel rods in campaign but had to be at specific point for the most damage and exploded in large chunks whereas in Reach they seemed almost invincible and took a large amount of fire-power to take down and could take max damage at any point on the body

So with this info would you prefer the halo 3 or reach style destructability in Halo 4 and why

Well, there is of course the Mantis shooting them down in the infinity mission so I don’t think they’ll be that hard this time around.

I would like them to be like Halo 3.

Halo 3.

-if you were quick and accurate, you could trap Wraiths and Ghosts in the Phantom debris

-you could stop Arby from leaving The Covenant and The Ark (destroying the Phantom causes him to exit his Banshee since he has nothing to pursue)

-you could get turret operators off the turret without harming them

Fun glitches. It’s a shame that newer games are probably going to revert and make them indestructible…

> Halo 3.
>
> -if you were quick and accurate, you could trap Wraiths and Ghosts in the Phantom debris
>
> -you could stop Arby from leaving The Covenant and The Ark (destroying the Phantom causes him to exit his Banshee since he has nothing to pursue)
>
> -you could get turret operators off the turret without harming them
>
> Fun glitches. It’s a shame that newer games are probably going to revert and make them indestructible…

So true… Actually saved my life a couple of times in my legendary runs especially in “the storm”… Besides who can forget “TANK BEATS EVERYTHING”… Fun memories

Definitely Halo 3. I just played the campaign yesterday. I had the time of my life playing it.