Halo 4 OST Volume 2 Favorite Tracks?

Not sure if everyone has heard, but Volume 2 for the Halo 4 OST came out today! I don’t love Halo 4’s music quite as much as Marty’s, but it’s still fantastic music in my book. :slight_smile:

Favorite tracks for Volume 2: Pylons, Wreckage, To Galaxy (Extended), Mantis and Never Forget (Midnight Version).

What did you guys think?

What about Lasky’s Theme?? And Sacrifice?? :o

> What about Lasky’s Theme?? And Sacrifice?? :o

Oooh! Those were awesome too, haha. Was just thinking off the top of my head, haha.

> > What about Lasky’s Theme?? And Sacrifice?? :o
>
> Oooh! Those were awesome too, haha. Was just thinking off the top of my head, haha.

Haha don’t worry man, happens ALL the time to me xP umm idk I think most of the soundtrack was great though. Wreckage, Pylons, To Galaxy (Extended), Aliens, Intruders, and I’ve always liked (This) Armour since it was a Bonus Track. Bleh I hate Foreshadow though. And did you know that This Armour is actually a minute less than the bonus track version Armor? And also To Galaxy (Extended) is also a COMPLETELY different song from the bonus track To Galaxy (Extended) lol same name yes

> > > What about Lasky’s Theme?? And Sacrifice?? :o
> >
> > Oooh! Those were awesome too, haha. Was just thinking off the top of my head, haha.
>
> Haha don’t worry man, happens ALL the time to me xP umm idk I think most of the soundtrack was great though. Wreckage, Pylons, To Galaxy (Extended), Aliens, Intruders, and I’ve always liked (This) Armour since it was a Bonus Track. Bleh I hate Foreshadow though. And did you know that This Armour is actually a minute less than the bonus track version Armor? And also To Galaxy (Extended) is also a COMPLETELY different song from the bonus track To Galaxy (Extended) lol same name yes

Haha, that’s pretty funny. To Galaxy (Extended) had snippets of To Galaxy, but I liked it more. Maybe because I liked having a sort of remixed version after hearing it so many times in Halo 4 the game, haha.

> > > > What about Lasky’s Theme?? And Sacrifice?? :o
> > >
> > > Oooh! Those were awesome too, haha. Was just thinking off the top of my head, haha.
> >
> > Haha don’t worry man, happens ALL the time to me xP umm idk I think most of the soundtrack was great though. Wreckage, Pylons, To Galaxy (Extended), Aliens, Intruders, and I’ve always liked (This) Armour since it was a Bonus Track. Bleh I hate Foreshadow though. And did you know that This Armour is actually a minute less than the bonus track version Armor? And also To Galaxy (Extended) is also a COMPLETELY different song from the bonus track To Galaxy (Extended) lol same name yes
>
> Haha, that’s pretty funny. To Galaxy (Extended) had snippets of To Galaxy, but I liked it more. Maybe because I liked having a sort of remixed version after hearing it so many times in Halo 4 the game, haha.

Yeah!! And I really loved the part towards the end where it kinda sounds like Back to the Future- its the beginning snippet of a video Halo Waypoint posted called The Magic of Halo 4 or something like that, but its basically the first time I, and the public had heard 117. I hadn’t heard that little piece in so long I’d completely forgotten about it until I heard it this morning I was laughing and getting crazy chills up my spine lol

Atonement, Aliens, convoy, Lasky’s Theme, Cloud City, Never Forget and Majestic

Are My favorite

> > > > > What about Lasky’s Theme?? And Sacrifice?? :o
> > > >
> > > > Oooh! Those were awesome too, haha. Was just thinking off the top of my head, haha.
> > >
> > > Haha don’t worry man, happens ALL the time to me xP umm idk I think most of the soundtrack was great though. Wreckage, Pylons, To Galaxy (Extended), Aliens, Intruders, and I’ve always liked (This) Armour since it was a Bonus Track. Bleh I hate Foreshadow though. And did you know that This Armour is actually a minute less than the bonus track version Armor? And also To Galaxy (Extended) is also a COMPLETELY different song from the bonus track To Galaxy (Extended) lol same name yes
> >
> > Haha, that’s pretty funny. To Galaxy (Extended) had snippets of To Galaxy, but I liked it more. Maybe because I liked having a sort of remixed version after hearing it so many times in Halo 4 the game, haha.
>
>
> Yeah!! And I really loved the part towards the end where it kinda sounds like Back to the Future- its the beginning snippet of a video Halo Waypoint posted called The Magic of Halo 4 or something like that, but its basically the first time I, and the public had heard 117. I hadn’t heard that little piece in so long I’d completely forgotten about it until I heard it this morning I was laughing and getting crazy chills up my spine lol

That’s a pretty sick connection! Haha, glad to know others are enjoying the music as much as I am! :slight_smile: Halo 4 can really get me down sometimes, but when it gets something right, it seriously gets me on such a high. This one of those times. :slight_smile:

Convoy, This Armor, Pylons, Push Through.

Cannot get enough of those songs.

And Never Forget, of course. I cried like a -Yoink-, all those classic nostalgia feels… lol.

Yes I agree! I found Cloud City VERY interesting the first time I heard it. But I didn’t like Majestic for some reason

> > > > > > What about Lasky’s Theme?? And Sacrifice?? :o
> > > > >
> > > > > Oooh! Those were awesome too, haha. Was just thinking off the top of my head, haha.
> > > >
> > > > Haha don’t worry man, happens ALL the time to me xP umm idk I think most of the soundtrack was great though. Wreckage, Pylons, To Galaxy (Extended), Aliens, Intruders, and I’ve always liked (This) Armour since it was a Bonus Track. Bleh I hate Foreshadow though. And did you know that This Armour is actually a minute less than the bonus track version Armor? And also To Galaxy (Extended) is also a COMPLETELY different song from the bonus track To Galaxy (Extended) lol same name yes
> > >
> > > Haha, that’s pretty funny. To Galaxy (Extended) had snippets of To Galaxy, but I liked it more. Maybe because I liked having a sort of remixed version after hearing it so many times in Halo 4 the game, haha.
> >
> >
> > Yeah!! And I really loved the part towards the end where it kinda sounds like Back to the Future- its the beginning snippet of a video Halo Waypoint posted called The Magic of Halo 4 or something like that, but its basically the first time I, and the public had heard 117. I hadn’t heard that little piece in so long I’d completely forgotten about it until I heard it this morning I was laughing and getting crazy chills up my spine lol
>
> That’s a pretty sick connection! Haha, glad to know others are enjoying the music as much as I am! :slight_smile: Halo 4 can really get me down sometimes, but when it gets something right, it seriously gets me on such a high. This one of those times. :slight_smile:

Oh yeah man! Well in that case we can talk a bunch I’m sure there’s lots of interesting things we would discuss. I play a number of instruments, so I have a good ear for music but that’s particularly one of the many reasons I enjoy the Soundtrack Genre. Halo 4’s OST has proved itself VERY nice, especially now that Vol. 2 is here. I’m pretty sure ODST is still my favorite though haha

Wreckage, pylons, swamp, push through, convoy, this armour, mantis, and never forget.

All epic.

To Galaxy Extended, Sacrifice and Never Forget

Glad to see others are liking the OST and good track selections! I have to admit, I get a little teary-eyed when listening to Never Forget (Midnight Version) when at the end it shifts from the grand orchestra to the piano playing the theme. Beautifully done. :slight_smile:

Mantis. Hands down. One of the best Halo pieces from all the games. And the cover of never forget was certainly the best version. Halo 3 had the innocence about it, but 4’s was just so much more emotive. Neil, do more of that!

Never forget, Peril, original theme, Mantis, Pale horse, Finish the fight. Best tracks in the whole series.

Lasky’s theme and Never Forget (Midnight Version)

The beginning part of Never Forget is beautiful. Really worked in the game when Lasky told the Chief that soldiers weren’t machines.