halo 4 opening gameplay hypothesis

hey guys first post on here i just had a thought when reading through a few topics, and as you guys all remember at the start of halo ce the whole atmosphere of the game was an exploratory one. i hypothesize (figure) that this will be the same kind of basis that halo 4 at least starts of with what with e.g. you step out of the forward unto dawn and take in a beautiful vista and proceed onwards exploring and discovering this new construct and all that jazz.

just a thought i had about it judging by the e3 2011 trailer and logic obviously this is an assumption :stuck_out_tongue:

That will probably be the pattern. I read up that Halo 4 is being debated to be the start of another trilogy, which would make sense, as Chief has just woken from stasis, just like in Halo CE. But yeah, I’m guessing that’s how it’ll go.

> That will probably be the pattern. I read up that Halo 4 is being debated to be the start of another trilogy, which would make sense, as Chief has just woken from stasis, just like in Halo CE. But yeah, I’m guessing that’s how it’ll go.

It is a new trilogy.

I know, that’s what i intended to say, sorry.

> > That will probably be the pattern. I read up that Halo 4 is being debated to be the start of another trilogy, which would make sense, as Chief has just woken from stasis, just like in Halo CE. But yeah, I’m guessing that’s how it’ll go.
>
>
>
> It is a new trilogy.

its alright, its the internet, people say stupid things they dont mean all the time.

as to be ON TOPIC.

yes, i think that it will be alot like CE/H2/ODST, in the sense that its going to be more of an action/ adventure/ discovery story arc, than a point to point shooter like H3/reach.

While H3 i was doing stuff because it is what needed to be done, and i enjoyed the story, it didnt feel like i was discovering anything, its was all ‘obvious’ to the characters. especialy ariving on the arc, ok new place through a portal to god knows where, oh, thats our galaxy(i hope) in the sky. but hey, the enemy have already started digging in and we are nowhere near the place we wanted to be, so i have to walk there. ok we have arived, atlast, at the map room (HUGE open balcony overlooking a sea and waterfall) now we are going to the towers that power a shield to the control room, my is down, the arbiters is down, johnson got ambushed again… ok we got to the control room. fight aside the flood to stop the prophet, get betrayed (like i didnt see that coming) by the flood. ok now im a little suprised theres a replacement I-04, the characters arent suprised tho… ok we board the flood hive high charity, run, gun, hide, cry and have spastic fits of rage recovering cortana to get the index to fire the ring. done that, land at the control room we already know the location of TY 343-GS, fight hell loads of flood to get to the control room, and kill 343GS to light the ring (its about time the lightbulb died) and then run like hell to not get away intime. and after all that its like another day in the office when MC wakes up drifting in space at the -Yoink- end of the galaxy like they expected it to happen…

in halo 4 i want that sense of discovery to be mutual to me AND the characters of the game, watching them be rather unimpressed with the situation like its been rehersed is not as fun. in CE and H2 i could feel from the characters that they werent sure what was happening or where to go next, they had to learn and decide the best course of action as they went. and the arbiter missions in H2 were very well done i could imagine the sensation of being justified in my actions and being punished for it, i could imagine the feelings after he has been puplicly tortured, branded and ordered executed, i could understand his willingness to become the arbiter and have a chance to redeem himself even if it meant getting killed in the process, i could relate to his confusion at the heretics to a religion worshiping forerunners folowing the guidance of a forerunner construct, the confusion of his species being replaced by a less honorable or proven race as the guardians of the covenant, the feeling of outright rage at his speciesbeing betrayed by the prophets and order killed by the brutes, his determination to be free of the gravemind and his hostility to the human who caused the recent chaos in his life, and then the way the other elites react to the brutes actions.

it was needless to say, very immersive and incredibly fun. and i want to be amazed and sucked into the universe again.