Halo 4: Opening Cinematic

I have been wondering about this since the game came out in 2012; who is Dr. Halsey being interrogated by? The man in the shadows, to my knowledge, was never formally introduced to us. Once Hunt the Truth landed, I speculated that it may have been Ben Giraud, but that theory was shortly thrown in the trash, considering he’s locked up at Midnight. So, who is this man? What is his purpose? Will we see him again? If anyonehS any insight, please enlighten me.a

It’s been widely speculated to have been locke

> 2535457565242253;2:
> It’s been widely speculated to have been locke

Umm… the interrogator is white and voiced by Bruce Thomas. Whoever is clinging to that particular raft is dead in the water.

Someone connected to the Spartan-IV branch, surely. Halsey states that he isn’t just ONI. Since she infers that his goals are to replace the Master Chief, I can only imagine him being connected to the Spartan-IVs. He must be interviewing her to learn more about the Spartan-II’s background. But overall, I don’t think it really matters who he was. His purpose was to establish the setting, background and themes of Halo 4 (e.g. man vs. machine). His role doesn’t seem explicitly important in the greater story.

> 2535457565242253;2:

The guy in Halo 4’s Prologue is white. And Locke is only ever interested in recovering Chief in Halo 5, not replacing him.

> 2533274929494620;4:
> Someone connected to the Spartan-IV branch, surely. Halsey states that he isn’t just ONI. Since she infers that his goals are to replace the Master Chief, I can only imagine him being connected to the Spartan-IVs. He must be interviewing her to learn more about the Spartan-II’s background. But overall, I don’t think it really matters who he was. His purpose was to establish the setting, background and themes of Halo 4 (e.g. man vs. machine). His role doesn’t seem explicitly important in the greater story.
>
>
>
>
> > 2535457565242253;2:
> > It’s been widely speculated to have been locke
>
>
> The guy in Halo 4’s Prologue is white. And Locke is only ever interested in recovering Chief in Halo 5, not replacing him.

Yeah, the former was also a presumption of mine… It would be unfortunate though. I really enjoy new characters and their development.

I know the voice is different, but is there any chance it could be Jun? As I recall he is involved with the Spartan IV project and in one the comics/books it is emphasized that the new Spartan branch is not part of ONI.

> 2535457565242253;2:

Thats stretching it a little.
It’s probably just some ONI big wig, plucking at strings for the Spartan IV project.