halo 4 on PC possibly

Halo might be returning to PC.

microsoft has already begun development of windows 8(which looks awesome BTW) but it is also highly rumored that you might be able to play Xbox games on windows 8, if so that means halo will become xbox-PC again.

NOTE: a lot of this is speculation however it would be a good buisness decision for microsoft.

discuss

never been big on playing shooters on pc, but i’ve always heard that halo has always been xbox/pc game

halo ce was on PC, and halo 2 was on vista. but halo 3 never went to PC.

and a fun fact, halo was originaly supposed to be on mac

I’d love to see Halo 4 make it to the PC, but until we know more than just rumors when it comes to Windows 8 and Xbox Live game support, our best bet is just keep bugging 343 for PC versions of Halo 3 - Reach.

> I’d love to see Halo 4 make it to the PC, but until we know more than just rumors when it comes to Windows 8 and Xbox Live game support, our best bet is just keep bugging 343 for PC versions of Halo 3 - Reach.

well with halo 4 and CEA on the way i doubt that would happen

Halo 3, ODST and Reach weren’t ported to PC as CE and Halo 2 because Bungie had problems with the company which ported Halo 2 due they decided to make things by their own and add new maps, for example…

I don’t know about H4, but it seems it won’t be on PC either; if would, Microsoft would have showed it in the trailer, wouldn’t they?

I don’t understand why Microsoft would get rid of all their exclusive titles, as there would be few reasons to get the next Xbox console with all their games able to be played on PC.

> Halo 3, ODST and Reach weren’t ported to PC as CE and Halo 2 because Bungie had problems with the company which ported Halo 2 due they decided to make things by their own and add new maps, for example…
>
> I don’t know about H4, but it seems it won’t be on PC either; if would, Microsoft would have showed it in the trailer, wouldn’t they?

well windows 8 is still very youngg in development terms however if i had to guess i would say it would be done before the release of halo 4 in 2012

so without a lot of development on the fautre i would guess that they wouldnt want to show it off to let people down

> I don’t understand why Microsoft would get rid of all their exclusive titles, as there would be few reasons to get the next Xbox console with all their games able to be played on PC.

well think about this.

their are more console players in the world than PC game players(most likely) do you think a lot of them would really give up useing a controller? plus microsoft would make money from the PC only players.

I dont see it doing that much damage to next xbox sales numbers

> > I don’t understand why Microsoft would get rid of all their exclusive titles, as there would be few reasons to get the next Xbox console with all their games able to be played on PC.
>
> well think about this.
>
> their are more console players in the world than PC game players(most likely) do you think a lot of them would really give up useing a controller? plus microsoft would make money from the PC only players.
>
> I dont see it doing that much damage to next xbox sales numbers

And don’t forget the illegal downloads on PC! It’s much more easier to download and get to work a PC game than a Xbox one.

> > I don’t understand why Microsoft would get rid of all their exclusive titles, as there would be few reasons to get the next Xbox console with all their games able to be played on PC.
>
> well think about this.
>
> their are more console players in the world than PC game players(most likely) do you think a lot of them would really give up useing a controller? plus microsoft would make money from the PC only players.
>
> I dont see it doing that much damage to next xbox sales numbers

a few things I need to point out.
#1, I don’t think there are more or less console players out there than PC, it’s just more people hear about consoles cause consoles cost between $100 to $600, when a good gaming PC costs around $1200. Also, alot of console players are also PC players, and some are even Mac gamers. And there are ways for Microsoft to give Windows 8 Xbox Game support, and still not get rid of their exclusive titles, it’s called make the more pricey versions of the OS have Xbox Game support, and the low end, cheap basic versions not support xbox games.
#2, most games now days for PCs support both Key board and mouse controls, Xbox Game pad controls, and PS3 game pad controls by default, Halo 2 for the PC, it supported both the Key board & mouse controls and the Xbox game pad, and I’ve played it using both controls. The main thing that kills PC gaming is the price tag to upgrade computers so they can run the games. Right now my current computer set up can run Crysis 2 on high settings and get around 20 to 30 FPS on a good day, in window mode too, to upgrade my computer so it can run on any thing higher, it’ll put me around $1000, most people don’t want to spend much just to play a game, hell, I got to pay for gas and bills, so I can’t spend that kind of money on my computer. If Windows 8 did end up with Xbox game support, then they wouldn’t lost money on only PC gamers, cause they don’t need to port the game, cause you’ll be using the same coding, but you just need to add alittle more coding for the few things PC gamers have that console players don’t.

Sky Ace, I’m betting you’ve never played PC games, and I’m betting PCs aren’t for gaming. Or, you just have no clue about the PC side of gaming.

If I was Microsoft I would stay away from the PC. Halo drives console sales and if they put Halo on the PC someone like me wouldn’t bother buying their console next gen.

Honestly as of late, Microsoft has had pretty much crap for good non-kinect exclusives. If they keep up their current trend next year, well I may end up without an Xbox.

here’s the problem with what you said, if the stuck to console games, and stayed away from PC games, then yes they’d be people buying their Xbox games, but this is Microsoft we’re talking about, there’s more money if you open up to both the Xbox side and the PC side of gaming, Yes some people won’t by the next gen console, but some people might still buy the next gen console cause like I pointed out in my last post, it’s cheaper than upgrading their computer.

> here’s the problem with what you said, if the stuck to console games, and stayed away from PC games, then yes they’d be people buying their Xbox games, but this is Microsoft we’re talking about, there’s more money if you open up to both the Xbox side and the PC side of gaming, Yes some people won’t by the next gen console, but some people might still buy the next gen console cause like I pointed out in my last post, it’s cheaper than upgrading their computer.

It really wouldnt open up to much room for more money. Gaming computers are not purchased nearly as much as consoles. Yes there are many people who will never buy an xbox but would buy new halos for computer, but you also have to consider the costs for them to design the game for computer as well as xbox. I wouldnt picture them barely cutting even, which im sure has to be a reason why halo 3 was never ported to computer (Halo 2 Vista didnt sell like they were hoping).

Well, I wouldn’t be against it. But honestly I wouldn’t really care, because I have a 360, but use an Apple computer anyway.

No it won’t happen. Halo 4 will probably be the big final push for the XBOX 360 before they start to announce and release new hardware. It will be 360 exclusive.

I rather doubt it. It wouldn’t make sense for Microsoft to do that unless Windows 8 was priced the same as an Xbox and an OS put together. They’d lose sales.

I think PC halo would be great, it would help the franchise grab more gamers. The majority of pc people won’t buy an xbox just for halo but they would buy pc game.

> It really wouldnt open up to much room for more money. Gaming computers are not purchased nearly as much as consoles. Yes there are many people who will never buy an xbox but would buy new halos for computer, but you also have to consider the costs for them to design the game for computer as well as xbox. I wouldnt picture them barely cutting even, which im sure has to be a reason why halo 3 was never ported to computer (Halo 2 Vista didnt sell like they were hoping).

>.> No, the 2 reasons I know why Halo 3 wasn’t ported is
#1: The team that did Halo 2’s port a few screwy things, that Bungie and the PC Halo Community didn’t agree with, like lock up the editing kit.
#2: Microsoft made it so it could only run on Windows Vista, which at the time was still a new OS, and alot of people didn’t want to move from XP to Vista. Believe it or not, and I know I’m in the wrong place to even talk about PC gaming cause of the web site that hosts these forums, when it comes to PC gaming, there is a market, there is money in it, There is more to it than what most people think. Most of you guys maybe haven’t even played a game on the PC, and you guys are Console fanboys.
to say that there’s not alot of PC gamers, isn’t truthful. Also, how do you know there’s not alot of gaming computers sold? Do you have a list with a number of Gaming PCs sold? And are you including custom build, people who go out and buy part by part, cable by cable, card by card, and build their gaming computer from the ground up? Do I know many people who buy gaming computers as a whole? No, most of my friends has ether built their own gaming rig, or is building one.

> I rather doubt it. It wouldn’t make sense for Microsoft to do that unless Windows 8 was priced the same as an Xbox and an OS put together. They’d lose sales.

I pointed out in one of my lasts posts that if made the more pricey version of Windows 8 the only version of the OS that can support Xbox games, they would over come that.
Right now to buy an upgrade version of Windows 7 Ultimate, it would cost me $130 right from Microsoft, and for a full install, not a upgrade version of Windows 7 Ultimate, it would cost me $220, right now the cheapest Xbox I’ve seen is between that price range, and if Windows 8 pricing starts out like Windows 7 & Vista, it’ll go $100, $200, and $300 for each version. Also, they would make amount of money as the Xbox, cause you have people who buy Windows 8 for other things, like for work or school.

technically they would make MORE money on PC and here is why

windows, it’s software based and you have to pay the programers, but than theirs no price for manufactureing other than the disc and boxes. but a xbox is more expensive to make so they get more out of selling windows than an xbox. than theirs also the fact that a lot of people not wanting the game feel to change would buy a controller uplink thingy(lol) for a PC., thats even more money.

and they still make money off of XBL because you would still need it on a PC.

so they would make more money with PC