Halo 4: ODST?

So a thought occurred to me while playing Halo 3 recently, in the level Cortana there is a single dead ODST with a flamethrower. My initial thought was, “How did he make it this far if I am bombarded by flood which drain my shields constantly?”

Which then made me think, while the Chief had dropped by the citadel and stopped Truth, maybe ODST were deployed to the crash site of High Charity to secure the sector and to slow spread of the Flood.

Now I really enjoyed the ODST game and wouldn’t mind seeing a sequel roll out. That being said, I think it would be cool to see the ODST that were deployed at the portal at Voi and the ODST that were on the Ark. Maybe one of them would take you through the halls of High Charity and having your companion AI die at the end so you could escape, and leaving the stalled pelican behind that they came in on.

What are your thoughts?

PS- The title reflects that the campaign took place before Halo 4, as did Halo 3: ODST before Halo 3.

I think that’s a great idea. I always wondered why Bungie put that ODST in there. Maybe that was an early idea for the plot of ODST before they settled on the hub-style of New Mombasa?

Although ODST was named after Halo 3 because it was in the same engine. The next ODST won’t be in the Halo 4 engine (I hope!).

That is a very plausible explanation!

Another thought that hit me just now was, what if that ODST was the Rookie? And he made a last stand like Spartan B312 at the end of Halo Reach?

> That is a very plausible explanation!
>
> Another thought that hit me just now was, what if that ODST was the Rookie? And he made a last stand like Spartan B312 at the end of Halo Reach?

Mind=Blown

Seriously, that’s a really good theory. Although slightly depressing, it would be cool if 343i retconned it and said that that was the Rookie if they decide to make an ODST 2, in order to explain why he’s not the protagonist.

First time I saw him I could’ve sworn he was wearing the fatigues and armor from ODSTs in Halo 2.

On topic, it would make sense to send in forces to slow down the Flood infestation or maybe gather some valuable intel, considering it was the Covenants headquarters, I doubt the UNSC would’ve dismissed a chance to get whatever intel they could while the rest of the forces were assisting the Elites in stopping the prophet.

> > That is a very plausible explanation!
> >
> > Another thought that hit me just now was, what if that ODST was the Rookie? And he made a last stand like Spartan B312 at the end of Halo Reach?
>
> Mind=Blown
>
> Seriously, that’s a really good theory. Although slightly depressing, it would be cool if 343i retconned it and said that that was the Rookie if they decide to make an ODST 2, in order to explain why he’s not the protagonist.

The Rookie is supposed to be you… and you could be Fireteam Crimson.