Halo 4 not Halo toys...

I think we need to stop and think about halo and its fan base…most of us are adults, we have grown to love the Halo universe and i think thats all we want to see right now, the next amazing game in the Halo franchise.

I think it would be wise to lay off the toy marketing and lay on the game marketing. Anyone agree?

Is anyone scared that the release date of the amazing looking Halo 4 may get pushed back?

just wanted to hear your thoughts! thanks!

… oh sorry if you think this thread is useless, just wanted to get it off my chest.

It wont get pushed back (IMO). 343i have been working on this for a long time. And don’t think of them as toys but more like collectibles.

And when the time comes 343i is gonna blow us away with awesome news. Just be patient.

> It wont get pushed back (IMO). 343i have been working on this for a long time. And don’t think of them as toys but more like collectibles.
>
> And when the time comes 343i is gonna blow us away with awesome news. Just be patient.

yea ive been thinking about it… just love halo and all i want is MORE! haha

I agree.but technically they really haven’t officially announced any reveals at the toy fair,just they are making them for the future

> just love halo and all i want is MORE! haha

Amen.

I’m pretty sure Halo 4 wouldn’t be pushed back because of toys. As for the marketing of Halo 4 I’m pretty sure that is all up to Microsoft, not 343. So any concerns of marketing scheduling should be focused at Microsoft.

I’m sure all the people that are actually working on making Halo 4 are still doing just that, not like they’d break up the development team to focus on toy making, a field I’m sure most game developers have no experience in.

> I’m pretty sure Halo 4 wouldn’t be pushed back because of toys. As for the marketing of Halo 4 I’m pretty sure that is all up to Microsoft, not 343. So any concerns of marketing scheduling should be focused at Microsoft.
>
> I’m sure all the people that are actually working on making Halo 4 are still doing just that, not like they’d break up the development team to focus on toy making, a field I’m sure most game developers have no experience in.

I know they wont break up the development team for toy marketing, all im saying is i hope the game is far enough into development in order to make a fall release date… im scared about this because of the lack of marketing and information released.

I think it’s an aabsurd way to release information but unique, I guess.

> I think it’s an aabsurd way to release information but unique, I guess.

agreed

> > I think it’s an aabsurd way to release information but unique, I guess.
>
> agreed

yea… kinda just want to see something… ANYTHING!

> I agree.but technically they really haven’t officially announced any reveals at the toy fair,just they are making them for the future

McFarlen did I think, with a promotional teaser and all of a shadowed out Halo 4 'hog.

Halo 4 has the best time prep of any Halo to date. There will be no delay in release, except if there is a production SNAFU out of 343i’s control.

As for the toys, though I do agree with you, you are proving the purpose of the toys; since many of the current fans are, for the most part, outside of the toy-playing days, 343i is smart enough to market toys for the up-and-coming fans who are perhaps entering Halo 4’s release as the first time getting a Halo game as it comes out.

With all this said, Halo is a “mature” game…17+ in the US (or 18 I have no clue), I don’t understand how marketing toys is viable when technically those under 17 need parental purchasing power at stores. I realize this is a dumb argument but when a game is rated M, who really wants to play with action figures about it in the core community?

> It wont get pushed back (IMO). 343i have been working on this for a long time. And don’t think of them as toys but more like collectibles.
>
> And when the time comes 343i is gonna blow us away with awesome news. Just be patient.

I hope if it has as many glitches as BF3 it will get pushed back. I would love the next-to flawlessness of Gears 3 for Halo 4.

I actually disagree. In the event that the toys and other materials detract from the videogame experience, then I would agree it would be time to reprioritize. If they are able to effectively manage, both games and expand the universe in ways that the cod’s of the world cannot (toys, books, movies, ECT…) more power to them.

does any one know that time this toy event will take place im in ireland and the event is taking place in london we share the same time zone (GMT) if any one knows can you let me know thanks.

343i is in charge of all things Halo From books to toys Games and more. They have people who cover each area so we don’t have to worry about the game devs being moved to work on toys or anything like that. Their are a few top people who cover all the aspects of the Halo universe and make sure every thing is lined up and works in the right time lines and such. You just need to think of the game development studio as just one part of 343i.

I don’t do toys, they break easily, and I’m not a huge collector of figurines. What I like to know is knowledge, I defied my rule of reading the Halo books, and I’ve just finished three of them within two weeks.

Each to their own. If you wan’t to collect figurines, be my guest, but I shall acquire more knowledge on the storyline and back storyline of the games.

It isn’t 343 Industries marketing the toys, its McFarlane Toys.

We won’t receive any Halo 4 news until 343 Industries’ PR team deems it time.
For now, until it is closer to release, they will just let the hype advertise itself.

> does any one know that time this toy event will take place im in ireland and the event is taking place in london we share the same time zone (GMT) if any one knows can you let me know thanks.

I live near London it’s running from jan 24-26 for like 9 to 5 or something

> It isn’t 343 Industries marketing the toys, its McFarlane Toys.
>
> We won’t receive any Halo 4 news until 343 Industries’ PR team deems it time.
> For now, until it is closer to release, they will just let the hype advertise itself.

It’s not even McFarlane, it’s a company called re-create