Halo 4 no skill at all.

I suck at halo 2, 3, even reach. But halo 4 is so easy.

Look at my KDR. H4 has so much aim assist that I feel like the game almost plays it self. With the new update this game fells so much more like call of duty.

The new update has not added skill it’s made it more noob friendly.

The guns are all OP and like I said I suck so bad at halo 2, I was only like a lvl
13 in team slayer. I’m proof they took the skill out of halo 4 b/c I really suck at every halo that came out before 4.

P.S. I know people will bash me just b/c they know I’m right.

You really have low e-self-esteem, don’t you?

If every gun is OP, doesn’t that mean that you would suck against everyone who is at least good in this game?

Maybe you have gained some skill! Isn’t that great?!

> You really have low e-self-esteem, don’t you?
>
> If every gun is OP, doesn’t that mean that you would suck against everyone who is at least good in this game?
>
> Maybe you have gained some skill! Isn’t that great?!

The game is still unbelievably easy, even if he has improved.

I almost always score highest on my team.
My friend, however, continues to always score lowest on his team.
That’s proof right there.

> > You really have low e-self-esteem, don’t you?
> >
> > If every gun is OP, doesn’t that mean that you would suck against everyone who is at least good in this game?
> >
> > Maybe you have gained some skill! Isn’t that great?!
>
> The game is still unbelievably easy, even if he has improved.

Well, going by logic, if this game is easy for everyone, then, everyone would be having a hard time against everyone.

I don’t say he’s wrong, but saying that this game has no skill at all… that is going a little bit too far.

And I bypass’d the “If you insult me, that mean’s I’m right” statement with praise that tries to prove him wrong. =D

> You really have low e-self-esteem, don’t you?
>
> If every gun is OP, doesn’t that mean that you would suck against everyone who is at least good in this game?
>
> Maybe you have gained some skill! Isn’t that great?!

Maybe this game is still as easy as it used to be and the update change nothing? This game is and always will be noob friendly. No update will change that.

To say Halo 4 takes no skill at all is foolish. It takes more skill than a lot of shooters these days considering the longer kill times. That you sucked at the other games has no bearing on this. If Halo 4 were “easy” than it would logically be “easy” for everyone else too, therefore canceling out its “ease” resulting in another Halo game where you still have to be the better player. Maybe you just got good? Or everyone else just sucks, I don’t know. But Halo 4 isn’t easy. It’s impossible for an online game like this to be easy because the difficulty is entirely dependent on the other players’ skill compared to your own.

I agree i never find myself sweating in my seat anymore and going HAM but i mean what can you say the games get easier as time progress. Most gamers these days don’t want to invest the time to get good at a video game anymore so developers just make them good with all the assist mechanics in the game. Times will change and in another 10 years the demand will be for higher skilled games. Maybe.

It is pretty easy. The skill gap isn’t noticeable like in Halo 2 and 3. If you got out BRd in Halo 2 and 3 you knew they were good but in Halo 4 you just don’t know.

> I suck at halo 2, 3, even reach. But halo 4 is so easy.
>
> Look at my KDR. H4 has so much aim assist that I feel like the game almost plays it self. With the new update this game fells so much more like call of duty.
>
> The new update has not added skill it’s made it more noob friendly.
>
> The guns are all OP and like I said I suck so bad at halo 2, I was only like a lvl
> 13 in team slayer. I’m proof they took the skill out of halo 4 b/c I really suck at every halo that came out before 4.
>
> <mark>P.S. I know people will bash me just b/c they know I’m right.</mark>

Or they could just…y’know, disagree with your opinion. Which is all it is. An opinion.

I wouldn’t say the game takes no skill, but the skill gap has been decreased in many areas compared to previous games. I constantly dominate but that probably has to deal with the matchmaking system not matching me with people of similar skill level to me.

Also op your kd is above average for halo 4 but overall not that impressive. There are many people who are probably better than you, but it’s the matchmaking system that isn’t giving you balanced matches.

Yeah, the whole logical fallacy here (and in other similar posts) is quite obvious and pointed out by Roberto.

It generally runs like this:

  1. OP claims H4 is “easy”.

  2. OP claims to be a crappy player.

  3. OP points to own K/D (or win rate, or CSR, or whatever) as evidence.

The problem is, H4 is a zero-sum game. For you to get a kill, someone else has to die. For you to get a win, someone else has to lose. For you to get a CSR 50, some untold hundreds are prohibited from getting a 50.

So when you point to a K/D of 2 as evidence that the game is “easy”, there are necessarily others with K/Ds less than 1. Zero sum.

So for the OP, the game might be easy. No issues. Perhaps the game just happens to suit his playing style better than previous Halos. Perhaps he woke up in November with mad skills. Perhaps he finally upgraded his internet connection or grew thumbs. The reason doesn’t matter. His easy necessitates someone else’s difficult.

If there were no skill gap, then everyone’s K/D would be close to 1. Or win rate close to 50%. Or CSR lumped at one specific number. However you choose to measure “skill”, a game that requires none produces skill measurements for all players that are statistically indistinguishable from the mean. On the other hand, a game that produces skill measurement statistics that vary wildly from the mean from player to player (as long as the sample size is large enough) by definition has a skill gap, since a skill gap is defined by the amount of player-to-player variation in skill measurements.

Perhaps H4 is “easy” compared to past Halos, but posting “my K/D is like ginormously HUUUUUUUUGE in H4 man!” is not evidence that it has no skill gap. Since H4 is a zero-sum game, you just posted fantastic anecdotal evidence that H4 actually has a large skill gap.*

Simply because the mechanics in H4 may be easier than in past Halos (and they very well may be) does not necessitate a smaller skill gap.

*I say anecdotal because there are also differences in the skill matching used in H4 compared to past Halos, and this may either hide or exaggerate differences between Halo versions.

Maximus IL
Truth at last.

> Yeah, the whole logical fallacy here (and in other similar posts) is quite obvious and pointed out by Roberto.
>
> It generally runs like this:
>
> 1. OP claims H4 is “easy”.
>
> 2. OP claims to be a crappy player.
>
> 3. OP points to own K/D (or win rate, or CSR, or whatever) as evidence.
>
> The problem is, H4 is a zero-sum game. For you to get a kill, someone else has to die. For you to get a win, someone else has to lose. For you to get a CSR 50, some untold hundreds are prohibited from getting a 50.
>
> So when you point to a K/D of 2 as evidence that the game is “easy”, there are necessarily others with K/Ds less than 1. Zero sum.
>
> So for the OP, the game might be easy. No issues. Perhaps the game just happens to suit his playing style better than previous Halos. Perhaps he woke up in November with mad skills. Perhaps he finally upgraded his internet connection or grew thumbs. The reason doesn’t matter. His easy necessitates someone else’s difficult.
>
> If there were no skill gap, then everyone’s K/D would be close to 1. Or win rate close to 50%. Or CSR lumped at one specific number. However you choose to measure “skill”, a game that requires none produces skill measurements for all players that are statistically indistinguishable from the mean. On the other hand, a game that produces skill measurement statistics that vary wildly from the mean from player to player (as long as the sample size is large enough) by definition has a skill gap, since a skill gap is defined by the amount of player-to-player variation in skill measurements.
>
> Perhaps H4 is “easy” compared to past Halos, but posting “my K/D is like ginormously HUUUUUUUUGE in H4 man!” is not evidence that it has no skill gap. Since H4 is a zero-sum game, you just posted fantastic anecdotal evidence that H4 actually has a large skill gap.*
>
> Simply because the mechanics in H4 may be easier than in past Halos (and they very well may be) does not necessitate a smaller skill gap.
>
>
> *I say anecdotal because there are also differences in the skill matching used in H4 compared to past Halos, and this may either hide or exaggerate differences between Halo versions.

You really should just start calling yourself a Ludologist.

So, in Halo 2 (eight years ago or so), you say you were terrible. In Halo: Reach, your K/D is 1.5:1, or so. In Halo 4, your K/D is 1.7:1.

Your viewpoint on this is that it’s the game that is causing this progression? You’d rather not consider that years of play is honing your Halo skills?

H4 has too much autoaim

sprint should just be axed and 120 movement speed added. That would make hitting people much more difficult

Also the whole concept of having rocket launchers delivered at your feet for a few assists is a joke. Whoever thought of ordinance drops needs to stop.

Maximus, I disagree.

You are correct about the zero-sum thing, but you do not realize the implications.

If bad players are doing better, then good players are not doing as well as they used to.

Halo 3 might have had an average high of 2.00 and an average low of 0.5

Halo 4 might have an average high of 1.5 and an average low of 0.75

OP’s anecdotal evidence can be used to support the game being easier. It might not be bad players that are doing worse, it could be traditionally good players as well.

And this is not because the game is harder for good players. It’s because the skill gap is lowered and thus noobs are able to compete more.

Example:
First match is Team Snipers. Guy with good aim wins.

Second match is Team Shotguns. There’s little aiming skillgap, so an otherwise bad player can dominate.

Edit:
Of course, the game doesn’t have “no skillgap”.
But I would argue it has a lowered one.

> I suck at halo 2, 3, even reach. But halo 4 is so easy.
>
> Look at my KDR. H4 has so much aim assist that I feel like the game almost plays it self. With the new update this game fells so much more like call of duty.
>
> The new update has not added skill it’s made it more noob friendly.
>
> The guns are all OP and like I said I suck so bad at halo 2, I was only like a lvl
> 13 in team slayer. I’m proof they took the skill out of halo 4 b/c I really suck at every halo that came out before 4.
>
> P.S. I know people will bash me just b/c they know I’m right.

OP claims the game is too easy. I did some looking into your service record. The most used weapon is the DMR and you play mostly Big Team Battle (463 Slayer games out of 541 total completed games). You’ve also only played two playlists since the CSR update: Big Team Battle (CSR 18) and Team Objective (CSR 1)

No wonder why you think this game is easy.

Try playing some other, harder playlists and see how well you do.

> OP claims the game is too easy. I did some looking into your service record. The most used weapon is the DMR and you play mostly Big Team Battle (463 Slayer games out of 541 total completed games). You’ve also only played two playlists since the CSR update: Big Team Battle (CSR 18) and Team Objective (CSR 1)
>
> No wonder why you think this game is easy.
>
> Try playing some other, harder playlists and see how well you do.

Plasma Pistols only is hard.

But do we judge the game by niche settings, or do we judge the game as a whole?

The game as a whole is easy. MLGv7 in Reach was amazing but Reach overall has issues.

> So for the OP, the game might be easy. No issues. Perhaps the game just happens to suit his playing style better than previous Halos. Perhaps he woke up in November with mad skills. Perhaps he finally upgraded his internet connection or grew thumbs. The reason doesn’t matter. His easy necessitates someone else’s difficult.

First of all, K/D is not a good measure of skill. It doesn’t measure absolute values. It measures the average deviation from 1.0 K/D. And if you think about what that means, if we say that kills=skill (which is not the case, mind you), is that it basically measures the average skill difference of the player and their opponents. As if the matchmaking system was perfect and always matched likely skilled players, all K/D ratios would be approximately 1. So, for that reason, and many others, K/D is an invalid measure of skill.

That said, despite the fact that when someone’s K/D goes up, someone’s must go down, it doesn’t specify whose K/D must go down. And therefore doesn’t strictly mean that the game becoming easier for someone means it becomes more difficult for someone else.

For the sake of this argument, let’s assume K/D as our measure of skill, regardless of its actual capabilities. Obviously, if one’s K/D goes up by 0.2, it doesn’t mean someone’s drops by 0.2, no. It’s all obviously part of a larger, global shift in the player base. But whose K/D drops and whose goes up is the interesting part.

Again, let’s we simplify it to players with K/D above 1.0 being “good” and players below that being “bad”. An increase in skill gap would obviously mean a drop for the bad player and an increase for the good players. That makes sense because obviously this way both groups will move away from 1.0; that “state of zero skill”. On the other hand, if we flip the changes the other way around, so that K/D drops for good players and increases for bad players, it means both are pulled closer to that state of zero skill.

> Perhaps H4 is “easy” compared to past Halos, but posting “my K/D is like ginormously HUUUUUUUUGE in H4 man!” is not evidence that it has no skill gap. Since H4 is a zero-sum game, you just posted fantastic anecdotal evidence that H4 actually has a large skill gap.*
>
> Simply because the mechanics in H4 may be easier than in past Halos (and they very well may be) does not necessitate a smaller skill gap.

Now, theoretical examples aside, what really happened to OP was probably a combination of them gaining more skill and a worse ranking system (which tends to amplify the effect of skill increase if you are in the top 50% of the player base). Ultimately, looking at an individual player’s evolution throughout the series hardly offers any insight to how the skill gap has evolved. It only tells how that player has evolved.

And yes, the ease of mechanics does affect skill gap. If you think something as simple as kill times. If we have a minimum kill time of value A and an average kill time of value B, the difference between points A and B corresponds to the ease of achieving that minimum kill time. Obviously, the bigger that difference is, the more practice it takes to get closer to the minimum kill time. And the amount of time required to practice something is the exact definition of skill gap (well, not the exact, but a simplified one). So, ease of mechanics directly corresponds to skill gap.