Halo 4 New Forge Idea

Would it be cool if you could create your own mission in halo 4 with forge add weather effects and stuff like that and add halo 4 enemies to that forge map and customize the AI in the enemy I thing that would be freiken awesome. Just imagine you could make the campaing experience longer with forge mission creator (campaign editor)

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.

While a great idea, and one I dearly want, I believe many people will be stonewalled by your lack of punctuation. I know you’re excited and all that, but please, add a comma or two, and a couple of periods.

On topic, I would love for this to happen, it would put a whole new spin on single payer, but I don’t know how feasible it is. But hey, nothings impossible.

I wouldn’t want it to be connected to the Campaign what so ever, maybe as a new mode altogether where you could create little missions e.g. safely get the group of marines with the bomb to the enemy base and destroy it.
Maybe this mode could be used on Multiplayer maps and not Campaign level’s and depending on the Forge in Halo 4, custom created levels.
But again this shouldn’t have anything to do with the Campaign itself

> While a great idea, and one I dearly want, I believe many people will be stonewalled by your lack of punctuation. I know you’re excited and all that, but please, add a comma or two, and a couple of periods.
>
> On topic, I would love for this to happen, it would put a whole new spin on single payer, but I don’t know how feasible it is. But hey, nothings impossible.

Its because I posted it on my phone :P. And it would never be connected to campaing just a little thing to get a reason to play it a little longer and something that will get you more determined to forge

I’m pretty sure infamous 2 had this. So we know it’s possible. I think it would be awesome.

> I’m pretty sure infamous 2 had this. So we know it’s possible. I think it would be awesome.

Yeah Infamous 2 had it and it is possible but Halo has a great deal of more content to it so fitting in this would most probably cause for more then one disk, which I’m not against by the way, the more content the better in my opinion.

> > I’m pretty sure infamous 2 had this. So we know it’s possible. I think it would be awesome.
>
> Yeah Infamous 2 had it and it is possible but Halo has a great deal of more content to it so fitting in this would most probably cause for more then one disk, which I’m not against by the way, the more content the better in my opinion.

Exactly the more content the better and this could be like a new gametype (odst had firefight halo 4 has forge/campaing editor). Plus if it is on 2 disks it could be like the fallout 3 goty edition where the 2nd disk had all the dlc and it just installed all the extra content on your hardrive so you could play it all on 1 disk (lol wrote this while listening to halo music)

So what you’re saying is…Invasion 2.0?

I’ve always had that in my mind. Making a campaign map, then setting AI spawn points and spawn triggers. The experience would definitely be half -Yoinked!- compared to the real campaign, but it should be pretty interesting.
Custom options for campaign would be cool too. Altering the basic traits like speed, gravity, etc. I really want a Halo game with a rounded experience. Campaign and firefight have always been tossed aside after just 2 weeks of gameplay, and I’d like that to change for once.

> So what you’re saying is…Invasion 2.0?

No completely different. Bassicaly being able to add enemies to your forge maps that have legit AI. I don’t have online so I can’t play online that much so its just something that people will use to make the experience longer. Also your right sparta boy firefight gets boring after a week. It was only good in odst cause I still play it in odst but I only played installation 04 once. Bungie changed it up too much in reach. I would love if 343 took a whole new spin on the firefight experience

I have a similar idea to that but mine is one that 343 would have to do. Its were there’s 24 people in a single match, it splits everyone up into two teams of 12, each team has 3 squads of 4, each squad has a small objective to complete and a squad on the other team has a counter objective (attack/Defender), respawn works by being dropped off by a pelican near your squad. there’s also AIs to fill space and make it more fast paced

> > I’m pretty sure infamous 2 had this. So we know it’s possible. I think it would be awesome.
>
> Yeah Infamous 2 had it and it is possible but Halo has a great deal of more content to it so fitting in this would most probably cause for more then one disk, which I’m not against by the way, the more content the better in my opinion.

Yes, but this would take a lot of time away from 343i form the things that actually matter.

If this does happen it won’t be until Halo 5 when we get a shiny new Xbox and bigger discs that allow for that sort of thing.

Halo 4 will just be Reach with more of a Halo 2/3-style gameplay, and slightly upgraded versions of other things like Forge, Firefight, Theater, Armory, Custom Games, etc.

> > > I’m pretty sure infamous 2 had this. So we know it’s possible. I think it would be awesome.
> >
> > Yeah Infamous 2 had it and it is possible but Halo has a great deal of more content to it so fitting in this would most probably cause for more then one disk, which I’m not against by the way, the more content the better in my opinion.
>
> Yes, but this would take a lot of time away from 343i form the things that actually matter.

I know what you mean but adding something completely new will open up a whole new experience like forge with Halo 3.

Well I think quality over quantity and being able to forge a mission would definetly downgrade the quality and the programming for that would be torture because for 343 to have A.I.s go on any area, drive any vehicle, use any gun, and preform any objective the player wanted would have to be a minus from previous campaig A.I.'s

Hell yeah! This would be brilliant.

No doubt if they could fit it in with extreme quality for the time alloted, I’d be all for it. But I think that the technology you’re describing just doesn’t exist yet, and won’t for a while.

I’d prefer if they focused more on the base things like a good campaign story, making multiplayer have less “Oh my God! Really?! So Stupid! I got him! AAAHHH!!” moments, and adjusting the other game modes to prestine condition.

> I wouldn’t want it to be connected to the Campaign what so ever, maybe as a new mode altogether where you could create little missions e.g. safely get the group of marines with the bomb to the enemy base and destroy it.
> Maybe this mode could be used on Multiplayer maps and not Campaign level’s and depending on the Forge in Halo 4, custom created levels.
> But again this shouldn’t have anything to do with the Campaign itself

yes that sound fun

Sounds cool, but I think the scope of what you’re asking is a bit out of reach with what can be provided given all of Halo’s other features. Like somone said, it will have the Reach engine, with some changes like always, probably Halo 2/3 style gamplay, upgrades to what we’ve seen before and maybe even something new, but not on the scale of something like this.