Halo 4 needs to be released on multiple DVD's

The reasoning is simple, so that every feature in Halo 4 can get the maximum treatment that it deserves.

A Campagin that is larger than any previous Halo game in size, next-generation features and scope. With AI numbers beating that of PS3 titles and genre pushing games like Battlefield 3, all with the superior Halo AI inteligence… Co-op over Xbox Live for up to six players… At least 15 missions it has to be longer than Reach.

A Multiplayer stacked with content, so much content that it dwarfs both Halo 3 and Halo Reach combined. At least 16 maps at release, and hey! Put some remakes in Halo 4, right off the bat to please the crowd from the getgo! Customization Customization CUSTOMIZATION!!! Think 20 times that of any previous Halo game. Think custom Armor mixing and matching, think ANY color you want. Think Achievements and lots of them. Think 1-100 ranking system. Think 32 player BTB… THINK DEDICATED SERVERS!!!
Forge on a separate disk as a map editor…IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES!!! More importantly 343i, take the initiative that Bungie ignored and Valve has embraced. Support modders who add new content to the game! Don’t restrict them! Give them endless options for making maps and game modes! Individual Weapon/Vehicle Settings. Terrain, Skybox and Object Creators. The ability to create our own Campagin missions and Firefight variants.

Most importantly 343, none of this 2 year per release crap. Take your time with Halo, it deserves it. If implementing these features means that Halo 4 is delayed, then delay it. The idea is quality over quantity, don’t sell out like CoD, that NEVER EVER WORKS.

Halo 4 needs to be the best Halo ever. A game so far ahead of the previous games that no one would ever want to play any other game in the series. That means space, that means time. Hell, it could even mean an Xbox 720 Halo 4 release instead of the 360. But you know what?

Its worth it.

Its worth the extra time, the extra money and the extra development.

The console is coming, and it needs its launch savior.

Halo 4 could be that game, and so much more.

Halo Reach has barley developed as a game. When the TU is released, give the hardcore who have abandoned Reach the time to enjoy the game before you release yet another!

The new Halo trilogy, cannot be a 2 year release cycle if the same quality is to be expected. Your games under that schedule will OUTRIGHT FAIL.
Do you hear me 343i? 2 year releases for Halo is WAYY TO LITTLE DEVELOPMENT TIME.
I’m not saying pull a Duke Nukem Forever, you have an obligation as a business to make money. But this kind of support will get you that money. Lots of it. More money than you ever thought possibile from an already AAA franchise.
Do the right thing 343i.

Make Halo 4 the greatest game ever…
SUPPORT!!!

they have been working on halo 4 for 2 years already, apparently.
Seriously, you guys are asking for WAY to much.
Think realistically. name ONE FPS with a campaign that lasted about 24 hours.
Name one reason to add all this forge crap. creativity is out the window and there are no unique maps anymore.

> they have been working on halo 4 for 2 years already, apparently.
> Seriously, you guys are asking for WAY to much.
> Think realistically. name ONE FPS with a campaign that lasted about 24 hours.
> Name one reason to add all this forge crap. creativity is out the window and there are no unique maps anymore.

Because no one likes the Reach maps, and new potential game developers are being left behind.

The idea is to embrace the ability for a community to expand a game beyond its original intent, not restrict it.

expand, yes. Remove creativity? no.
“potential game developers” should be able to use creativity instead of stuff thats already there premade for them.

The amount of content available on current discs is plenty for gamers. Quality over quantity, any day.

For the next generation systems, hopefully we’ll see a jump in the amount of quality AND quantity in content. Right now, the Xbox 360 is just too limited in so many areas to make this possible.

Sorry, but it’s just not realistic!

all i want is a 20 level campaign with NO cutscenes or training levels,
24 player BTB
forge that let’s you totaly make maps

> expand, yes. Remove creativity? no.
> “potential game developers” should be able to use creativity instead of stuff thats already there premade for them.

you can’t get very creative only using grey blocks.

The whole first paragraph can be ditched out of the window because of hardware limitations of 360. The second paragraph can also be ditched because of time and money constraints. To avoid the hardware limitations, Halo 4 would need to be released on the next Xbox. This would be around 2014-15, 343i would have to ditch the whole current build and rebuild the whole game and make serious modifications to the engine, this would be an awful waste of money. pushing the release day forward isn’t going to happen either, that would cause too much for Microsoft.

I know we all want Halo to be super awesome, but it just can’t happen. In business world you just can’t do anything. We could maybe get some of these features in Halo 5 if it’s released on the new Xbox, but definitely not before that. What comes to the modding part, it’s easier to make it happen on PC. Allowing modding ins’t just about 343i, it’s about Microsoft and they would never allow modding.

You’re asking things that are impossible. None of those will happen in Halo 4.

> The reasoning is simple, so that every feature in Halo 4 can get the maximum treatment that it deserves.
>
> A Campagin that is larger than any previous Halo game in size, next-generation features and scope. With AI numbers beating that of PS3 titles and genre pushing games like Battlefield 3, all with the superior Halo AI inteligence… Co-op over Xbox Live for up to six players… At least 15 missions it has to be longer than Reach.
>
> A Multiplayer stacked with content, so much content that it dwarfs both Halo 3 and Halo Reach combined. At least 16 maps at release, and hey! Put some remakes in Halo 4, right off the bat to please the crowd from the getgo! Customization Customization CUSTOMIZATION!!! Think 20 times that of any previous Halo game. Think custom Armor mixing and matching, think ANY color you want. Think Achievements and lots of them. Think 1-100 ranking system. Think 32 player BTB… THINK DEDICATED SERVERS!!!
> Forge on a separate disk as a map editor…IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES!!! More importantly 343i, take the initiative that Bungie ignored and Valve has embraced. Support modders who add new content to the game! Don’t restrict them! Give them endless options for making maps and game modes! Individual Weapon/Vehicle Settings. Terrain, Skybox and Object Creators. The ability to create our own Campagin missions and Firefight variants.
>
> Most importantly 343, none of this 2 year per release crap. Take your time with Halo, it deserves it. If implementing these features means that Halo 4 is delayed, then delay it. The idea is quality over quantity, don’t sell out like CoD, that NEVER EVER WORKS.
>
> Halo 4 needs to be the best Halo ever. A game so far ahead of the previous games that no one would ever want to play any other game in the series. That means space, that means time. Hell, it could even mean an Xbox 720 Halo 4 release instead of the 360. But you know what?
>
> Its worth it.
>
> Its worth the extra time, the extra money and the extra development.
>
> The console is coming, and it needs its launch savior.
>
> Halo 4 could be that game, and so much more.
>
> Halo Reach has barley developed as a game. When the TU is released, give the hardcore who have abandoned Reach the time to enjoy the game before you release yet another!
>
> The new Halo trilogy, cannot be a 2 year release cycle if the same quality is to be expected. Your games under that schedule will OUTRIGHT FAIL.
> Do you hear me 343i? 2 year releases for Halo is WAYY TO LITTLE DEVELOPMENT TIME.
> I’m not saying pull a Duke Nukem Forever, you have an obligation as a business to make money. But this kind of support will get you that money. Lots of it. More money than you ever thought possibile from an already AAA franchise.
> Do the right thing 343i.
>
> Make Halo 4 the greatest game ever…
> SUPPORT!!!

i agree make a 2 disc game 1 for forge and custom games

No. How many times do people need to bring this up? The campaign in Halo will probably never be that long to have to make two discs.

Can I just disagree with this? For a few reasons. One: I wouldn’t want to play a fifteen-level Halo game, depending. There’s a fine line between length and purpose. ODST is a fine example. That game has such a great campaign, but part of that was because it’s short enough to all feel warranted. If 343 Industries found a way to create a campaign for Halo 4 that exceeds the others in length, that’s fine. But I just don’t want to play something that’s super drawn-out for no reason at all. It’s hard enough as it is to get over the feeling that each Halo level ends in hitting a switch, then watching a cutscene. I assure you, more would be overkill. Short and sweet over long and bitter.

I think Halo 2 is of note here, as well. Bungie tried to do what you’re describing; create a lengthy, epic campaign. It proved to be beyond their means. As a result, you have a lot of “holes” in that game. You have minimal polish. It was glitchy and just plain underdeveloped, and even Bungie knew that. So sometimes, especially when working to a Microsoft-dictated timeline, it’s a lot better to aim correctly than to overcompensate.

I personally want Halo 4’s campaign to be like Halo: Combat Evolved’s campaign. That is, I want it to feel isolated, alien, and slightly desperate. I want it to be mainly just the Chief and Cortana’s show. I also want it to feel underdeveloped story-wise, yet fulfilling. Combat Evolved never seemed to be built around the lore; it gave a feeling of the events of the universe feeling fairly insignificant to the playing at hand. Halo 2 felt a lot more consumed in narrative, and Halo 3 even more so. I would like a return to that “gameplay first, narrative second”. I want it to be simple, and fleshed out by more novels. But most of all, I want it fun and purposeful. Not lengthy.

I’ve got to admit, I’d love a multiplayer “stacked” with content. But I also have to admit, most of that “content” would have to be maps, as content that affects gameplay tends to be negatively received by me. But dwarfing Halo 3 and Reach combined at release would be difficult. Even just dwarfing Reach as far as quantity goes would be a daunting task. To put it into perspective, Reach had sixteen maps at launch. I’m counting Firefight maps, but those still count. I also didn’t count Forge World, which is, by far, the largest and most daunting Halo map to date. You’ve got to consider that five other maps were going to ship with Reach before Forge World was created. These were remakes of Ascension, Blood Gulch, Sanctuary, ad the original maps: The Cage and Paradiso. Then they were all assimilated into a single map; a mapmaker’s paradise.

And I think Forge World is certainly worth five different maps alone, so that brings the total count of Reach maps at launch up to twenty-one. I’m not speaking at all to the quality of the maps, since you didn’t. We’re dealing pure quantity here. And we haven’t even gotten into Halo 3 yet. We’ll be more brief with that, though. Halo 3 didn’t ship with nearly as many maps as Reach. In fact, eleven maps wouldn’t be hard to top with Halo 4 at all. But we’re trying to top Halo 3 and Reach combined, bringing the total up to thirty-two. Do you really think 343 Industries can ship thirty-two separate maps and manage to make them all good? I personally will be satisfied with not even topping Reach, actually. For me, it’s all about the quality, and numbers don’t really matter. I’d rather play a single good map over and over than most of the maps that shipped with Reach any day. And that’s speaking more to quality. My point here is that this is all about quality. I believe that in striving to deliver so many maps with Reach, Bungie faltered a bit on their quality. Map-making has to be an organic process. A multiplayer “stacked” with content (maps) has to be natural, or most of the maps will be throwaway. You can’t really force excellence, unless you’re Chuck Norris.

Dedicated servers is something I’d like to see, though. And super-customizable armor. And better Big Team Battle experiences. Not bigger, but better. Focus on improving first, then expanding. But dedicated servers would be super cool to see. It wouldn’t really have the biggest impact, though. Bungie pretty much perfected peer-to-peer connections with Reach, and I’ve hardly had any connection problems, even when three different computers are surfing the internet using my modem. I honestly would be content if 343 essentially “copy and pasted” (for lack of a better term) Reach’s netcode, but improved it to further minimize things such as mid-game host migration (which has stopped many a game dead in its tracks for minutes straight in Reach), add more customizable matchmaking (prioritize DLC, players with microphones, things like that), and just general things like this. Dedicated servers aren’t really needed. But they would sure be nice for people outside the US.

I also want to flat-out say no to your separate Forge disc. There’s, again, a fine line between creativity and simplicity. Right now, Forge tows that line perfectly. In adding that feature to a separate disc, you would presumably be expanding it to feature things such as layout editing, geometry editing, even texture mapping and things of that sort. That would be cool for super tech-savvy people, but I would personally never touch Forge again. I also know I’m not the only one. I enjoy its current accessibility, even with its limitations in mind. All it needs is a bigger palette.

I want to close with this. You’re obviously very passionate about Halo. You go into detail to outline the failures of previous Halo games, and mark how Halo 4 should improve. So you obviously love the franchise. What I find ironic there is that you say 343 will fail if they don’t take the time to make your “necessary changes” listed here. I just want to know how the other Halo games weren’t failures in your eyes without these features. If two-year development cycles will fail 343 so hard, why is Halo so successful anyways?

Questions to be answered.

I also want to add to this that I can’t be bothered to switch discs every time I want to use Forge. That may sound slightly lazy, but it’s a legitimate concern nonetheless.

Also, I double posted because my post count was exceeded in my first one. Sorry I’m so long-winded :S

This thread is STINKY 1790 approved.

>

You summed everything up that I was going to say, lmfao.

Quality of gameplay > Quantity of things in the game.

I prefer 9 maps, 10 level campaign, 16 player max MP, but for good and enjoyable gameplay.

Reach is the case of Quantity > Quality, forge with thousands of maps that look the same, and MP and FF maps straight copy pasted from campaign.