Halo 4 needs to be more like halo ce and halo 2, not halo 3

Halo CE had the best campagin and sandbox balance

Halo 2 had the best maps

Halo 3 had…well lets be honest NOTHING gameplay wise that even came close to the quality of the previous games. If anything, Halo 4 needs to borrow as many concepts from Halo 2 and CE as possible and disregard 3. Even Reach has better sandbox gameplay and weapon balancing then Halo 3 and thats saying alot with all the unbalanced mechanics!

You said “even reach has better sandbox gameplay and weapon balancing then Halo 3”
Implying that Halo ce and 2 had better weapon balancing then Halo 3???
No…

Nice opinion.

Tho I do agree with some of your points, some of them I disagree.
Like, I disagree that Halo 4 should be like Halo CE and Halo 2, yes for some people those games was great, but, I would like Halo 4 to be like Halo 4, and it should take the good from the past games, Halo CE, 2, 3, ODST, and Reach, and learn from the bad as well.

why everyone wanna be living in the past??? I want 343 to be as unique as possible… people say they don’t like COD because its always the same exact thing yet over here you guys want the same exact thing… I don’t understand this wtf man??

> why everyone wanna be living in the past??? I want 343 to be as unique as possible… people say they don’t like COD because its always the same exact thing yet over here you guys want the same exact thing… I don’t understand this wtf man??

Because of Reach, it changed too much, and that scared a lot of people.

> > why everyone wanna be living in the past??? I want 343 to be as unique as possible… people say they don’t like COD because its always the same exact thing yet over here you guys want the same exact thing… I don’t understand this wtf man??
>
> Because of Reach, it changed too much, and that scared a lot of people.

we all learn from our mistakes… thats what makes us better and I think reach had a lot of awesome things just not implemented properly… sometimes change is a good thing because I really don’t like to be doing the same exact thing over and over again… take eating your favorite food as an example… I used to eat peanut butter sandwiches every day for like 3 years man… guess what happened now, just the thought of peanut butter makes me wanna puke…

Halo 3 was the best Halo game and best game on the XBox 360 to date… ever.

Fear causes chaos and that causes panic and so on. Pepole couldnt stand the reach changes so they left. I fell that the changes in reach were mostly good only thing I didnt like was how amour abilites were not pick ups.

343 has said that H4 will be a new game that still has that amazing Halo felling so when the 29th comes lets see what is ready for are eyes to bare witness on. Hopefully it will be campaign cause that is what makes halo number 1 in my opinion.

> Implying that Halo ce and 2 had better weapon balancing then Halo 3???
> No…

Actually CE did have the most balanced sandbox… I mean everything had a use. though needler wasn’t as good, it still had a use… sort of xD But everything else did. Halo 2 had like no balance, and Halo 3 kind of drew from that…

> > > why everyone wanna be living in the past??? I want 343 to be as unique as possible… people say they don’t like COD because its always the same exact thing yet over here you guys want the same exact thing… I don’t understand this wtf man??
> >
> > Because of Reach, it changed too much, and that scared a lot of people.
>
> we all learn from our mistakes… thats what makes us better and I think reach had a lot of awesome things just not implemented properly… sometimes change is a good thing because I really don’t like to be doing the same exact thing over and over again… take eating your favorite food as an example… I used to eat peanut butter sandwiches every day for like 3 years man… guess what happened now, just the thought of peanut butter makes me wanna puke…

I’ve been living off of instent romin for the past 4 weeks, at first I enjoyed them plain, now, I have to add crap to it so it it doesn’t taste blah.
I hate how every one wants Halo to copy it’s self over and over, I loath the idea of people wanting that, it’s one of the main reasons I dislike COD.

> > > > why everyone wanna be living in the past??? I want 343 to be as unique as possible… people say they don’t like COD because its always the same exact thing yet over here you guys want the same exact thing… I don’t understand this wtf man??
> > >
> > > Because of Reach, it changed too much, and that scared a lot of people.
> >
> > we all learn from our mistakes… thats what makes us better and I think reach had a lot of awesome things just not implemented properly… sometimes change is a good thing because I really don’t like to be doing the same exact thing over and over again… take eating your favorite food as an example… I used to eat peanut butter sandwiches every day for like 3 years man… guess what happened now, just the thought of peanut butter makes me wanna puke…
>
> I’ve been living off of instent romin for the past 4 weeks, at first I enjoyed them plain, now, I have to add crap to it so it it doesn’t taste blah.
> I hate how every one wants Halo to copy it’s self over and over, I loath the idea of people wanting that, it’s one of the main reasons I dislike COD.

is this an analogy and are you trying to say we need to take the base halo and put some “hot sauce” on it, hmm then yes, yes we do need some “hot sauce”

> > Implying that Halo ce and 2 had better weapon balancing then Halo 3???
> > No…
>
> Actually CE did have the most balanced sandbox… I mean everything had a use. though needler wasn’t as good, it still had a use… sort of xD But everything else did. Halo 2 had like no balance, and Halo 3 kind of drew from that…

But in CE the pistol was a much more unbalanced utility weapon then the BR in Halo 2/3 because it could destroy anyone in a matter of seconds at nearly any range and the only exception would be rockets or shotty/sword up close.

> > > Implying that Halo ce and 2 had better weapon balancing then Halo 3???
> > > No…
> >
> > Actually CE did have the most balanced sandbox… I mean everything had a use. though needler wasn’t as good, it still had a use… sort of xD But everything else did. Halo 2 had like no balance, and Halo 3 kind of drew from that…
>
> But in CE the pistol was a much more unbalanced utility weapon then the BR in Halo 2/3 because it could destroy anyone in a matter of seconds at nearly any range and the only exception would be rockets or shotty/sword up close.

No offense but… Have you ever played Halo 2? The BR destroys everything and requires little skill. In CE the pistol was rather useless unless you knew what you were doing. That’s why it was so fulfilling to kill brothers in tanks with it… :smiley: And the sandbox was very well balanced. In Halo 3, the br wasn’t as op, but the other weapons weren’t really powerful enough to combat it.

> > Implying that Halo ce and 2 had better weapon balancing then Halo 3???
> > No…
>
> Actually CE did have the most balanced sandbox… I mean everything had a use. though needler wasn’t as good, it still had a use… sort of xD But everything else did. Halo 2 had like no balance, and Halo 3 kind of drew from that…

should i bring up the pistol(which was actually a mistake that they left in)

> > > > > why everyone wanna be living in the past??? I want 343 to be as unique as possible… people say they don’t like COD because its always the same exact thing yet over here you guys want the same exact thing… I don’t understand this wtf man??
> > > >
> > > > Because of Reach, it changed too much, and that scared a lot of people.
> > >
> > > we all learn from our mistakes… thats what makes us better and I think reach had a lot of awesome things just not implemented properly… sometimes change is a good thing because I really don’t like to be doing the same exact thing over and over again… take eating your favorite food as an example… I used to eat peanut butter sandwiches every day for like 3 years man… guess what happened now, just the thought of peanut butter makes me wanna puke…
> >
> > I’ve been living off of instent romin for the past 4 weeks, at first I enjoyed them plain, now, I have to add crap to it so it it doesn’t taste blah.
> > I hate how every one wants Halo to copy it’s self over and over, I loath the idea of people wanting that, it’s one of the main reasons I dislike COD.
>
> is this an analogy and are you trying to say we need to take the base halo and put some “hot sauce” on it, hmm then yes, yes we do need some “hot sauce”

Kind of, I’m trying to say is having the same damn thing over and over and over again not only gets boring, but also becomes tiring. It’s better to have something new, kind of like instead of having two burger buns, and meat patty, you add new stuff to both the buns, patty, and in between. >.> ok, I think we need to get off the food analogy, I’m starting to get hungry.

> Halo CE had the best campagin and sandbox balance
>
> Halo 2 had the best maps

YES YES YES!!!

CE had extremely large maps also. I Promise you if any of you youngins go play the Ce maps and compare them to Reach you will slap reach with your ring hand.

I am a curmudgeon and i approve this thread.

> You said “even reach has better sandbox gameplay and weapon balancing then Halo 3”
> Implying that Halo ce and 2 had better weapon balancing then Halo 3???
> No…

CE has better balancing than Halo 3.

They only “bad” weapon CE had was the Needler, and not because something did its job better.

Halo 3 had bad weapons such as the Magnum and Spiker and Dual-wielding uselessly nerfed some weapons so it would be a good option.

> > > > Implying that Halo ce and 2 had better weapon balancing then Halo 3???
> > > > No…
> > >
> > > Actually CE did have the most balanced sandbox… I mean everything had a use. though needler wasn’t as good, it still had a use… sort of xD But everything else did. Halo 2 had like no balance, and Halo 3 kind of drew from that…
> >
> > But in CE the pistol was a much more unbalanced utility weapon then the BR in Halo 2/3 because it could destroy anyone in a matter of seconds at nearly any range and the only exception would be rockets or shotty/sword up close.
>
> No offense but… Have you ever played Halo 2? The BR destroys everything and requires little skill. In CE the pistol was rather useless unless you knew what you were doing. That’s why it was so fulfilling to kill brothers in tanks with it… :smiley: And the sandbox was very well balanced. In Halo 3, the br wasn’t as op, but the other weapons weren’t really powerful enough to combat it.

Really it takes no skill what so ever to hit someone with the super pistol at all. the br definitely takes alot more skill. and other wise is was ok but not perfect halo 1 wasn’t supposed to have a multiplayer so it showed. Halo 2 was built to cater to Online Multiplayer and balanced as such.

> > > > Implying that Halo ce and 2 had better weapon balancing then Halo 3???
> > > > No…
> > >
> > > Actually CE did have the most balanced sandbox… I mean everything had a use. though needler wasn’t as good, it still had a use… sort of xD But everything else did. Halo 2 had like no balance, and Halo 3 kind of drew from that…
> >
> > But in CE the pistol was a much more unbalanced utility weapon then the BR in Halo 2/3 because it could destroy anyone in a matter of seconds at nearly any range and the only exception would be rockets or shotty/sword up close.
>
> No offense but… Have you ever played Halo 2? The BR destroys everything and requires little skill. In CE the pistol was rather useless unless you knew what you were doing. That’s why it was so fulfilling to kill brothers in tanks with it… :smiley: And the sandbox was very well balanced. In Halo 3, the br wasn’t as op, but the other weapons weren’t really powerful enough to combat it.

No matter how easy the BR may have been too use you can’t compare it to a 3sk weapon which can pull off 3 shots across basicly every map in the game, but anyways my main point is that neither Halo ce or Halo 2 have better weapon balance then Halo 3. Sure they’re all fairly unbalanced but the problem wasn’t as bad in Halo 3.