Halo 4 needs to Be like H2/H3...These Forms are full of unlogic

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

And Halo Reach Ranking system sucks…you can suck and still rank up from cR… HALO 2 RANKING SYSTEM FTW

Calm down, why so much hate? Halo Reach admittedly wasn’t as popular as Halo 3 back in the day bar some extraneous circumstances (i.e. number of households w/ xbox’s and competition level between games). Reach was a pretty good game IN ITSELF. Just didn’t appeal too much to some of the other players due to so much change happening at once (armor abilities, bloom, other stuff).

Is exactly like H2 & H3 what you are looking for in terms of gameplay? Cuz that imo gets kind of stale, look at COD…(Not trying to hate on that, although I do dislike COD, it’s the same thing every year just about). What needs to happen is to have SOME change, not a whole heck of a lot. But enough to keep things fresh.

There will always be haters on certain things but the best option is to keep things sort of H2 & H3 i guess but also still branch off and add new things…cuz if absolutely NOTHING changes…that’d be bad too.

And what is with all this raging at people? This is a forum, people can express opinions… Do you honestly have to punch people? -_-

We know.

Halo 4 needs to be like H4.

> We know.

> We know.

The BR is NOT Chief’s main weapon.

His main weapon is the one he’s holding in just about every cutscene(outside of Halo 2), the Assault Rifle.

Also, we know -_-

Every previous Halo fan who’s moved over to CoD (Most of the fanbase) DO NOT want to play another Halo 3. Halo 4 needs to have elements from all previous Halo’s including Reach and the best graphics. It needs to make people want to choose xbox over PS3 like Halo 3 did. It also needs to be packed with new features, brilliant maps, brilliant campaign, new gamemodes and new gametypes.

Then Halo 4 could possibly beat the best game of all time - Halo 3.

LMFAO!

Halo 3 is a sluggish and inconsistent piece of trash. I have no idea what games you guys were playing… I’m guessing the people who said they love Halo 3 so much began with Halo 3 multiplayer? That’s the ONLY explanation to why you’d say that…

The only good thing about Halo 3 was the vehicle combat. Other than that, the gunplay sucked horribly ;\

Whatever happens it is going to be different. I think it will be a really cool game.

> LMFAO!
>
> Halo 3 is a sluggish and inconsistent piece of trash. I have no idea what games you guys were playing… I’m guessing the people who said they love Halo 3 so much began with Halo 3 multiplayer? That’s the ONLY explanation to why you’d say that…
>
> The only good thing about Halo 3 was the vehicle combat. Other than that, the gunplay sucked horribly ;\

Wait, what?

> the best game of all time - Halo 3.

Oh my.

> The BR is NOT Chief’s main weapon.
>
> His main weapon is the one he’s holding in just about every cutscene(outside of Halo 2), the Assault Rifle.
>
>
> Also, we know -_-

> LMFAO!
>
> Halo 3 is a sluggish and inconsistent piece of trash. I have no idea what games you guys were playing… I’m guessing the people who said they love Halo 3 so much began with Halo 3 multiplayer? That’s the ONLY explanation to why you’d say that…
>
> The only good thing about Halo 3 was the vehicle combat. Other than that, the gunplay sucked horribly ;\

The netcode sucked horribly, and the game mechanics started going down the path of “realism” instead of an arcade shooter.

Those were the problems with Halo 3. The gameplay was largely similar to H2. This is coming from someone with roughly 15,000 games played in both.

I think they should take the best parts from every Halo game and tweak them a bit so that they all fit with each other.

Even though I think Reach was the worst Halo game, I still think it’s a good game and it did bring a few new things to the table.

Forge was improved a lot since Halo 3. Even though Forge World got boring after a while with it’s grays and greens, the Forge tools are great.

Firefight was improved since ODST with all the new customisation options. Sadly it lost it’s survival aspect and it quickly became a gametype where you could get easy credits, especially with things like Firefight Arcade.

Armour Customisation and Credits (they should keep credits, just keep them seperate from rank, like CoD Points in Black Ops). Sadly we couldn’t customise our Elites much, hopefuly they’ll change that for Halo 4 (if there are Elites anyway).

New gameplay features like the new motion tracker (can tell if players are above or below you), Assassinations and even little things like your position on the map (call-out next to your motion tracker) which made the game a bit cooler (Assassinations NEED to come back).

Reach also brought new gametypes such as Headhunter and Invasion, which I’d love to see brought back and improved. Later on in reach’s life we saw some crazier gametypes like Hockey and Chess which should be built-in.

Even though I think the game should be largely like Halo 3 (especially when it comes to maps and vehicle combat) there’s a few things that Bungie put into Halo Reach that 343 can bring back in Halo 4.

Also OP, the Assault Rifle is the Chief’s “main” gun. It’s on the cover of nearly every Halo game and is a lot more iconic than the Battle Rifle. I do hope we see the BR again though.

> Anyone saying Halo 4 shoulnt be like Halo 3 it needsto be like Reach is Arogant…There is a reason Halo 3 was the most popular game. And Halo Reach was such a Disapointment to the hardcore fans… If They want the game to be good it needs to be a combination of Halo 2 and 3…Maps like Guardian, The Pit…Halo Reach’s Maps were’nt unique like H2 or H3. And i recently saw a thread saying dont bring back BR…well thats not going to happen because the BR is Master Chiefs Main Weaponand for competative players they dont want single shot. And another was bring back bloom…I just wanted to punch whoever said that…there is a reson why halo reach is such a disapointment…Point is Halo 4 needs to be like Halo 2 And Halo 3…

Well to say it [Reach] disappointed the “Hardcore” Fans is a Lie. I’m as big as a fan as the next guy in line. I’m on everyday, giving support. If you were a fan you’d be like me and not bag on Reach.

If you are,Blame the Updates not the Game itself.

To this extent,H4’s Gameplay/Design should be left up to 343.Not to say, follow the Storyline then ask yourself about the Br not being in H4. That shows some ignorance on your part.

On a side note revise what you type. It’s sloppy.

I’ll keep it simple: If Halo 4 is like Reach, it will be terrible and the new trilogy will fail miserably. If Halo 4 goes back to the core aspects that made Halo, Halo in the original trilogy…I think it’ll be a great game, fans will be really happy, and we can all celebrate another 10 great years of Halo.

> Well to say it [Reach] disappointed the “Hardcore” Fans is a Lie. I’m as big as a fan as the next guy in line. I’m on everyday, giving support. If you were a fan you’d be like me and not bag on Reach.

To me, hardcore fans are the ones that infest a lot of time in Halo lore and enjoy competitive multiplayer. Reach delivered a multiplayer that was catered to the casuals and an abysmal campaign with no plot and completely disregarded/screwed up a bunch of canon. We have every right to be disappoint/angry/upset with Reach.