Halo 4 Needs Some Dark Ominous Maps

Just some…maybe 1 or 2 at release? I don’t know about you, but those are always the coolest in my opinion. Does anyone remember Backwash? For the people who it didn’t give an error to, it was great for the custom gametype ‘Predator’ back in the day.

Or what about Isolation? Some people would say this map is pretty bad. Plays bad, looks bad, etc…however I liked the design, apperal and everything, it was obviously flood based and flood infection forms were even in the .map file.

Or even Condemned, in one of it’s incarnations though…Certain Affinity tried going with dark and industrial at one point, but lightened it up in favor of more traditional Halo look and navigation which is understandable somewhat.

But we need maps that we can’t see base to base from, or even to the middle…be it because of fog or night, make gameplay tactical on this, imagine SWAT on these kind of maps. Infection!

The filters in game do not do justice. It only makes the game look terribly crappy. Halo 3’s filters did a better job and could actually make a map gloomy and scary if you set it up right for Infection.

Your right about the gloominess that you could get from H3’s effects, they worked better. The closest effect to ‘gloomy’ or ‘dark’ is purple. By the name, you know the effect.

However, Backwash was a good map, and the effect of the dark/gloominess feel really made it stand out. Maybe it could have a little more lighting but a map like Backwash in H4 would be cool.

Your name even gave me the idea that there could be a sort of night time New Mombasa map in Halo 4. Not as big of course, but something similar. Definitely night time, sky scrapers, drizzling rain, wreckage, fire in some places…you would need a vision aid in the map. VISR…flashlight, nightvision. Why are those things never in multiplayer?! (Disregarding firefight but that shares code with campaign.)

> Your name even gave me the idea that there could be a sort of night time New Mombasa map in Halo 4. Not as big of course, but something similar. Definitely night time, sky scrapers, drizzling rain, wreckage, fire in some places…you would need a vision aid in the map. VISR…flashlight, nightvision. Why are those things never in multiplayer?! (Disregarding firefight but that shares code with campaign.)

Halo PC had the flashlight.

> > Your name even gave me the idea that there could be a sort of night time New Mombasa map in Halo 4. Not as big of course, but something similar. Definitely night time, sky scrapers, drizzling rain, wreckage, fire in some places…you would need a vision aid in the map. VISR…flashlight, nightvision. Why are those things never in multiplayer?! (Disregarding firefight but that shares code with campaign.)
>
> Halo PC had the flashlight.

OOPS. In Multiplayer.

I thought of that right after I posted. However there were no real dark maps in CE multiplayer. But the flashlight does come in handy on Custom Edition…a talented map maker can sure make a good map.

Maybe all the lights from the players would be a lot on the engine? Too many light sources for XBL?

I agree.

The only dark maps I remember are Backwash and Blackout.

If Halo 4 has infection, there there should be a dark map designed for it and for slayer of course, or even a remake of that that Halo 2 map.