Halo 4 Needs More Social Gamers

I think why we are seeing Halos numbers drop is a) halo isn’t as addictive as it use to be and b) the lack of social/casual gamers. 343 needs to think about the more casual gamers that won’t be on these forums while still giving us stuff for the hardcore fans. Now what makes COD so popular is because it’s addictive so it attracts all the casual gamers. Now 343 should take some pointers on COD( can’t believe I just said that) because we need to keep Halo alive. So what makes COD addictive well I think it’s because it’s very customizable and you can quickly get in and start killing people. So I think it’s time for Halo to get dedicated servers and I think for social playlists drop in/drop out. This would not be for ranked playlist though. And maybe in social playlist have custom loadouts if Halo 4 does have equipment then you can choose your starting equipment and then a frag or plasma (or whatever the other grenade will be). Starting guns would kinda be hard since there aren’t as much as COD but maybe u choose from assault rifle, BR, and the other basic rifles that the enemy will have.

The greatest thing about past Halos (Not so much Reach, until recently anyway), is how flexible and adaptable it is. With Halo 4, 343 could easily appeal to both an incredibly hardcore Arena shooter fanbase, and a not-so-hardcore CoD-y fanbase. Bungie tried to do this, but they failed because they tried to keep it all under one roof.

Making some Ranked playlists with more streamlined gameplay, with nothing but precision weapons, grenades, and melee would appease the hardcore. They could then have social games with AAs and whatever other madness they plan on introducing.

Again…Halo is a wonderfully flexible game that can appeal to just about anybody if the settings are right. All 343 has to do is make the right choices.

If default gametypes have loadouts, I’m done.

That’s basically exactly what reach tried and the main reason it failed so hard.

> That’s basically exactly what reach tried and the main reason it failed so hard.

This. If Halo 4 doesn’t learn from Reach’s mistakes (or should I say the mistake that was Reach?) I’m done.

Ya but they never had ranked playlists so they lost all there hardcore fans.

> The greatest thing about past Halos (Not so much Reach, until recently anyway), is how flexible and adaptable it is. With Halo 4, 343 could easily appeal to both an incredibly hardcore Arena shooter fanbase, and a not-so-hardcore CoD-y fanbase. Bungie tried to do this, but they failed because they tried to keep it all under one roof.
>
> Making some Ranked playlists with more streamlined gameplay, with nothing but precision weapons, grenades, and melee would appease the hardcore. They could then have social games with AAs and whatever other madness they plan on introducing.
>
> Again…Halo is a wonderfully flexible game that can appeal to just about anybody if the settings are right. All 343 has to do is make the right choices.

Good point, but I think a lot of competitive players DO NOT want Armor Abilities to be available.

Bungie tried too hard at that with Reach and didn’t work out. AA’s were a casual players “crutch” and they were easily abused with Armor Lock like OMA DC is in MW2.

We just need to go back to Halo 3’s sense of Matchmaking. A Social category and a Ranked category.

No, it needs more competitive gamers so that 343 will be compelled to make a game that isn’t entirely social and can satisfy both crowds effectively.

Halo Reach didn’t ship with Alpha Zombies. Pair that with lack luster screenshot effects, and killzone’s it killed off huge parts of Halo’s creative community.

This may give me some backlash for this but what if they add killstreaks

This isn’t CoD, if Halo get’s closer to CoD then I bid you farewell. Social players get social slayer, skirmish, living dead, action sack, swat and BTB. So I do believe Halo has it’s place for social gamers. So don’t try to turn Halo into something it’s not.

> This may give me some backlash for this but what if they add killstreaks

If you knew it was a bad idea then why did you post it. It’s like this. I know sticking my hand in a bear trap is a bad idea but I’m going to give it a shot. I’m not trying to insult or flame you, just saying killstreaks = bad idea for Halo.

> > This may give me some backlash for this but what if they add killstreaks
>
> If you knew it was a bad idea then why did you post it. It’s like this. I know sticking my hand in a bear trap is a bad idea but I’m going to give it a shot. I’m not trying to insult or flame you, just saying killstreaks = bad idea for Halo.

Maybe in Firefight?

> > > This may give me some backlash for this but what if they add killstreaks
> >
> > If you knew it was a bad idea then why did you post it. It’s like this. I know sticking my hand in a bear trap is a bad idea but I’m going to give it a shot. I’m not trying to insult or flame you, just saying killstreaks = bad idea for Halo.
>
> Maybe in Firefight?

Sure, why not. It’s firefight. Firefight is made for you to have fun with your friends. If they want to add crazy stuff to firefight, well then go right ahead. However there would be a limit, a point where I would say this isn’t Halo and this is stupid.

> > That’s basically exactly what reach tried and the main reason it failed so hard.
>
> This. If Halo 4 doesn’t learn from Reach’s mistakes (or should I say the mistake that was Reach?) I’m done.

This, I agree with.