Halo 4 needs change!

I can’t believe how pathetic this community has become. Halo needs change, if you want to play a Halo 2 or Halo 3 like experience, then go play Halo 2 - 3, I don’t want Halo 4 to be the same game. Also, if everyone wanted to play a Halo 2 - 3 experience, then more people would be playing Halo 3 than Reach, but that’s not the case, the people that want this is a “niche” market, this whole forum is only the most hardcore of fans and 343 Industries need to please all parts of the community, not just the “MLG Tryhards”. Besides, why are you all complaining so much, obviously 343 Industries are going to put a “Classic” and “MLG” playlist into the game, so all you complainers can just play that. I think the idea of putting “Custom Loadouts” and “Unlockables” into the game, could give Halo that push it needs to compete with other triple AAA shooters (e.g. CoD, Battlefield etc) A progression and unlock able system worked well for Gears of War 3, so why can’t it work for Halo 4? You complainers need to accept change, if not, then go play Halo 2 or 3, nobody is stopping you. The perk system sounds interesting, but I don’t know any information on it, plus, I haven’t even tried it, so I can’t even give an valid assumption about it.

Halo 4 needs change, otherwise, the franchise is no better than Call of Duty.

P.S. Before all you complainers go -Yoink- at me, I’ve been a Halo fan since Halo Combat Evolved.

No, more people are playing Reach than Halo 3 because Reach is the newer title.

Halo 3 had a much higher population this far in it’s life cycle than Reach does now. MUCH higher.

That’s because Reach has so many other competitors now (e.g. MW3, Black Ops, MW2, BF3, Skyrim, FIFA12 etc) Halo 3’s only competitor was Call of Duty 4 and CoD didn’t become insanely popular until MW2.

> That’s because Reach has so many other competitors now, back with Halo 3, it was just CoD4.

No, it’s because Reach has terrible gameplay mechanics. Until the TU, it was hardly playable.

Reach wasn’t a bad game, it was a great game, it certainly wasn’t better than previous instalments, but it was still a fun game, if you think you can create a better game, go for it :wink: Well, accept change kid, your stubborn values of Halo aren’t going to change 343i mind.

Halo 3 did compete with the “Triple AAA” Titles and its people like you that are going to make Halo another COD clone if you want to play COD go play COD leave the Halo games and the Halo community to the people that enjoy playing a shooter that relies more on skill than being a higher level my favourite thing about Halo is that everyone has the same chance to win as the guy next to them there is no better starting weapons or better perks that are available to the higher levels…got it?

Snowbau5

Halo 3 was released at the rigth time, i love Halo 3 and COD 4. too me they were bth great and new.

But too be honest Halo 3 stuck around a little longer and got played Much more in my house.

Why? it had fun aspect , god community , fun things too do like forge custome games and much more. (like after about 9 months after release)

COD 4, after 6 months the hackers started too kick in. modder started messing around, and lately there are hackers all over the place.

I understand that you all love Halo 3, I understand as well, I love that game, but don’t you think Halo needs change, it’s been the same game for far too long. Besides, theres going to be a “Classic” playlist, so why are you all complaining so much, you’re getting what you wanted?

Remember that one time Halo changed and we got Reach? Oh yeah…

This is what we need,

> I want a Halo 4 that keeps true to the original formula, while at the same time adds new features that reinforce the formula. There is no reason to abandon the formula that made and has kept Halo succesful, it’d be irrational. That’s why every change made should cooperate with the formula, guaranteeing gameplay that feels fresh while at the same time feeling like a true Halo game.

> Halo 3 did compete with the “Triple AAA” Titles and its people like you that are going to make Halo another COD clone if you want to play COD go play COD leave the Halo games and the Halo community to the people that enjoy playing a shooter that relies more on skill than being a higher level my favourite thing about Halo is that everyone has the same chance to win as the guy next to them there is no better starting weapons or better perks that are available to the higher levels…got it?

I don’t play CoD, why do you assume that? Besides, Halo isn’t the most skilful game on the market, if you want a skilful game, go play CSS.

> Remember that one time Halo changed and we got Reach? Oh yeah…
>
> This is what we need,
>
>
>
> > I want a Halo 4 that keeps true to the original formula, while at the same time adds new features that reinforce the formula. There is no reason to abandon the formula that made and has kept Halo succesful, it’d be irrational. That’s why every change made should cooperate with the formula, guaranteeing gameplay that feels fresh while at the same time feeling like a true Halo game.

By shipping the exact same game as previous instalments, the Halo franchise will become as pitiful as the CoD franchise.

Yeah man, keep telling yourself change is good for a franchise.

The most successful video game franchise in the world produces nearly the same game EVERY YEAR and it consistently SELLS BETTER.

What game is that? Oh right. Call of Duty.

They don’t need to change a winning formula (Halo) to a different winning formula (Call of Duty) as that would be changing SOMETHING THAT WORKS WELL.

If i was able to go play halo 3 without having to deal with a low population and server problems I would but thats just not possible right now. Halo 3 BTB is dead- maybe 100-300 players on at a time. Im not saying I want the game reskinned, I just want them to stay true to the Halo formula and make it enjoyable in a competitive way so that classic Halo fans can be brought back into the community again and enjoy the new graphical and animation enhancements

As you can see MLG is getting worse and less popular. Its dieing this is because halo reach was a fail for MLG for many reasons such as horrible maps, DMR, Armer abilities., and much more

> Reach wasn’t a bad game, it was a great game, it certainly wasn’t better than previous instalments, but it was still a fun game, if you think you can create a better game, go for it :wink: Well, accept change kid, your stubborn values of Halo aren’t going to change 343i mind.

I shouldn’t have to make my own AAA title in order to be able to judge the quality of a game. What kind of logic is this?

Reach was a bad game. Not a bad Halo game, just a bad game in general.

Jesus, there is just no changing the minds of stubborn kids… Sigh, they have already made an opinion after barely hearing any information. Well, I’ll enjoy Halo 4, you kids can go play Halo 3 with the other 200 people that want to.

> > Halo 3 did compete with the “Triple AAA” Titles and its people like you that are going to make Halo another COD clone if you want to play COD go play COD leave the Halo games and the Halo community to the people that enjoy playing a shooter that relies more on skill than being a higher level my favourite thing about Halo is that everyone has the same chance to win as the guy next to them there is no better starting weapons or better perks that are available to the higher levels…got it?
>
> I don’t play CoD, why do you assume that? Besides, Halo isn’t the most skilful game on the market, if you want a skilful game, go play CSS.

Why don’t you go play CSS and leave Halo to us, as you can probably see in this forum very few people agree with you Halo 4 should be similar to Halo 3 more than Halo Reach, and they should definitely not add perks or load outs. I’m not saying Halo 3 was perfect but it sure is a lot better than how Halo 4 has been described to me so far.

> > Remember that one time Halo changed and we got Reach? Oh yeah…
> >
> > This is what we need,
> >
> >
> >
> > > I want a Halo 4 that keeps true to the original formula, while at the same time adds new features that reinforce the formula. There is no reason to abandon the formula that made and has kept Halo succesful, it’d be irrational. That’s why every change made should cooperate with the formula, guaranteeing gameplay that feels fresh while at the same time feeling like a true Halo game.
>
> By shipping the exact same game as previous instalments, the Halo franchise will become as pitiful as the CoD franchise.

Please tell me where in my post i said they should ship “the exact same game as previous installments”

> > > Halo 3 did compete with the “Triple AAA” Titles and its people like you that are going to make Halo another COD clone if you want to play COD go play COD leave the Halo games and the Halo community to the people that enjoy playing a shooter that relies more on skill than being a higher level my favourite thing about Halo is that everyone has the same chance to win as the guy next to them there is no better starting weapons or better perks that are available to the higher levels…got it?
> >
> > I don’t play CoD, why do you assume that? Besides, Halo isn’t the most skilful game on the market, if you want a skilful game, go play CSS.
>
> Why don’t you go play CSS and leave Halo to us, as you can probably see in this forum very few people agree with you Halo 4 should be similar to Halo 3 more than Halo Reach, and they should definitely not add perks or load outs. I’m not saying Halo 3 was perfect but it sure is a lot better than how Halo 4 has been described to me so far.

This forum is a complete “niche” section of the forum, it probably involves maybe a couple thousand Halo fans. You can’t cater a game to one small section of the community. I’m not siding with Reach, I’m just accepting change, something all of you can’t do.

I would agree with you all if you had actually tried these new additions, but you haven’t, so your argument is invalid.

> I can’t believe how pathetic this community has become. Halo needs change, if you want to play a Halo 2 or Halo 3 like experience, then go play Halo 2 - 3, I don’t want Halo 4 to be the same game. Also, if everyone wanted to play a Halo 2 - 3 experience, then more people would be playing Halo 3 than Reach, but that’s not the case, the people that want this is a “niche” market, this whole forum is only the most hardcore of fans and 343 Industries need to please all parts of the community, not just the “MLG Tryhards”. Besides, why are you all complaining so much, obviously 343 Industries are going to put a “Classic” and “MLG” playlist into the game, so all you complainers can just play that. I think the idea of putting “Custom Loadouts” and “Unlockables” into the game, could give Halo that push it needs to compete with other triple AAA shooters (e.g. CoD, Battlefield etc) A progression and unlock able system worked well for Gears of War 3, so why can’t it work for Halo 4? You complainers need to accept change, if not, then go play Halo 2 or 3, nobody is stopping you. The perk system sounds interesting, but I don’t know any information on it, plus, I haven’t even tried it, so I can’t even give an valid assumption about it.
>
> Halo 4 needs change, otherwise, the franchise is no better than Call of Duty.
>
> P.S. Before all you complainers go -Yoink- at me, I’ve been a Halo fan since Halo Combat Evolved.

No better than the Game that is the best selling game in the world? Yea, id hate to be that good >.>

Also, there are already 500000 games that arent halo, we currently have only 1 to call home, and that is Halo 3.

It is laggy, not updated, and neglected by 343/bungie.