Halo 4 Needs an Immerse Story

It does. It just does. The characters need huge personalities, the campaign needs a bigger story (at least 7 hours), the setting needs a bit more feeling, like in ODST. It just needs to be immersive (?). I want re-playability. Hell I want a campaign that makes me cry! I know what I want.

Not saying other halo campaigns were bad, because they weren’t, however this one needs to revolutionize FPS story-lines. A campaign that feels like a movie.

I know what I want. Do you?

It needs to tell a more human story, and no I don’t mean a “Reach-style” human story. A real one.

It needs to delve deeper than just “HAY WE R MILITARY N WE R GON KIL TEH ALEINS!”. If it focuses on motivation and relationships, and has some actual emotive scenes, it should be good.

COUGHsequeltoODSTpleaseCOUGH

I agree, I am hoping for a Halo game that makes me cry like the ending of Code Geass. :stuck_out_tongue:

> It needs to tell a more human story, and no I don’t mean a “Reach-style” human story. A real one.
>
> It needs to delve deeper than just “HAY WE R MILITARY N WE R GON KIL TEH ALEINS!”. If it focuses on motivation and relationships, and has some actual emotive scenes, it should be good.
>
> COUGHsequeltoODSTpleaseCOUGH

A sequel to ODST would be great! I want more stuff like that! I want some major characters in Halo 4 besides Cortana, Chief, etc. Maybe some marines that can actually stick with you mission through mission. Marines you can take care of. I just want more characters overall. Reach did a part of that with Noble Team and all, but I want more arguments between the Spartans, make them feel a little more human, other than super-serious super-soldiers who are just born to kill. After all, they ARE humans, no matter what steroids they got, and no matter how long they have stayed in the military.

I want good sized cut scenes, Reach also did a good job with that. Please 343, prove yourselves by giving us an amazing campaign. It’s not JUST multi-player.

they should make it longer than halo 2’s campaign, but somehow have a better story than odst or halo2.

> It needs to tell a more human story, and no I don’t mean a “Reach-style” human story. A real one.
>
> It needs to delve deeper than just “HAY WE R MILITARY N WE R GON KIL TEH ALEINS!”. If it focuses on motivation and relationships, and has some actual emotive scenes, it should be good.
>

I agree that it needs to have a more human story, but really how much do we want. I mean look at Halo Reach, they tried to tell a human story and it failed miserably. Of course this is a hole new company that DOES listen to there community and uses there suggestions. However in my mind I think it does need a little bit of human story but it needs to be done right. ODST had a great campaign and I still play it sometimes, but I dont think the story in the new Halo trilogy should not revolve around so many charecters like in the Last two Halo games because I think that is were they went wrong, they were trying to put in too many charecters and in my opinion it wasnt as great as Halo 1, 2 and 3. If the new Halo triology sticks too Chief, Cortana, and mabye two others for the main charecters and mabye a few others on the side that would be great, considering it is done correctly, but also I don’t want to protect a marine because it would probaly slow down gameplay. This is all just in my opinion however.

+1 for me all a game needs to be good is a a good story and a good soundtrack.

> I agree, I am hoping for a Halo game that makes me cry like the ending of Code Geass. :stuck_out_tongue:

<3 code geass

wow, so this is what people look for in a Halo game… who would have thought… all I want is fully forgable firefight maps and these guys focus on the story line as opposed to the gameplay

I agree OP. I made a post in the fiction forums where I talked about how I wanted Master Chief to be more human in Halo 4, and more of the character that we see in the books. All that fighting has to have taken a toll! Basically just have him talk more, in a way that is appropriate for his character of course. I think that’s in line with what you were saying about better characters.

As for the thing about revolutionising campaign gaming: of course! I think a lot of people agree that 343 need to make a big a genre change as the original Halo did, and that sounds like a good way to do it!

>
>

Reach and ODST were every emotional. 1-3 were the HAY WE R MILITSARY n WE R GON KIL TEH ALEINS you refer too.

I agree as well that if Halo 4 doesn’t have a Good Story-Line, that it’s definitely going to tank.

Especially since Halo 4 is supposed to be the start of a whole “New” Trilogy of Halo games (4-6).

I just know that it’s going to be strange seeing Halo 6 in Stores in the future ,but we won’t have to worry about that happening if they don’t deliver with Halo 4.

> > It needs to tell a more human story, and no I don’t mean a “Reach-style” human story. A real one.
> >
> > It needs to delve deeper than just “HAY WE R MILITARY N WE R GON KIL TEH ALEINS!”. If it focuses on motivation and relationships, and has some actual emotive scenes, it should be good.
> >
> > COUGHsequeltoODSTpleaseCOUGH
>
> Reach and ODST were every emotional. 1-3 were the HAY WE R MILITSARY n WE R GON KIL TEH ALEINS you refer too.

Umm Reach was the HERP DERP HAY WE R MILITSARY n WE R GON KIL TEH ALIENS. The halo trilogy was an amazing epic story of master chief cortana, humanity and the halo’s. ODST was a great story from the viewpoint of the Marines in the great war.

I want a story were at the very end i’m in tears; like arbiter dieing in front of your eyes to save your life.

> I want a story were at the very end i’m in tears; like arbiter dieing in front of your eyes to save your life.

This

> > I want a story were at the very end i’m in tears; like arbiter dieing in front of your eyes to save your life.
>
> This

That would cheesy because H2+H3 had cheesy -Yoink- storylines. The series scale got too large for its own good - and how many times do we have to save the universe or whatever.

I would love an Elite only campaign where you see the beginnings of a Covenant civil war, since the Jackals and grunts hate each other and the brutes are still the Billy-Bad–Yoinks!- of the galaxy.

Or base a whole campaign on a single ongoing conflict. Or have 2 smaller conflicts going on at the same time (play as Arby and the Chief).

Halo 4 should be something new. A breath of fresh air.

I would agree that ODST hade a moving campaign but in my opinion Reach just completly failed to deliever, and ODST was not as good as it could have been, mainly because they just took some guys off of the Reach project and put them on ODST. This means that they couldnt fully develope the charecteres. Also in my mind they tried to make Rookie and 6 a lot like master chief. Being very quite, too himself, never reaviling anything. On top of that they really didnt give either of them a backround (of course they only had a full game to devolpe).

> > It needs to tell a more human story, and no I don’t mean a “Reach-style” human story. A real one.
> >
> > It needs to delve deeper than just “HAY WE R MILITARY N WE R GON KIL TEH ALEINS!”. If it focuses on motivation and relationships, and has some actual emotive scenes, it should be good.
> >
> > COUGHsequeltoODSTpleaseCOUGH
>
> Reach and ODST were every emotional. 1-3 were the HAY WE R MILITSARY n WE R GON KIL TEH ALEINS you refer too.

Halo 4 needs Joesph Staten.

Halo 4 needs a deep story line, one that will make players want to play it again and get them to think when its over. The main characters should just be Chief and Cortana. I want a feeling of being absolutely alone as you travel through various terrains across the Shield World. Some will make you gasp in wonder, others will make you shiver in fear, but overall I would want to feel alone, just you, an AI, and your gun.

Halo 4 needs [insert indescribable feeling]