Halo 4 needs a simple ranking/leveling system

I know it’s a lot to read so I’ll make this paragraph the quick version. Halo 4’s ranking should be like Halo 3’s. With the 1-50 levels (fix the Halo 3 problem quick leveling boosters and the getting stuck at level problems like halo 3 had and should take a week at that longest for average players to reach 50) and take out the Halo 3 ranks and mix it with Halo Reach ranking (shouldn’t take a year or 2 to reach max rank. Should take 6 month to get max rank at the longest) and you don’t need a certain level to unlock the next ranks. You go up and down on levels (true skill) but rank you always go up (progressive). All armors should be unlocked by rank not by achievements or levels so it doesn’t affect matchmaking by forms of boosting on such high levels.

Details:

I have seen 100s of threads that were these completely insane ranking/leveling systems ideas that require way too much math when this is a videogame, a form of entertainment. Not a homework assignment. “Well if I play this swat it would give me more exp but grifball will be quicker matches and I could get my challenges done to rank up”… blah blah blah blah blah.

Come on you guys this is Halo we are talking about. And for those that have never played the original games of Halo. Halo was simple and fun. It was never about ranks and exp and levels. You could play that way if you wanted to but you got nothing but a fancy emblem and that was it so if you were true MLG you played because you wanted to be MLG. Not because you get a fancy title and faceplate next to your GT for signing up. I think too many of you have been spoiled and this that you “deserve” something for wasting away hours of matchmaking rather than have fun and play custom games and want a system that is so hard to understand even Einstein would get a headache.

We all can agree Halo 2/3 had a great leveling system. No one ever boosted the Halo 2 leveling system because you weren’t reward with anything so you play and it showed who was good at the game and Halo 3 because of some rewards it caused inconclusive results and boosted accounts. But what was worse was the system was broken in that is you played 20 match of Halo 3 lonewolves and won all them 1st place by an outlier you would reach lvl 50 in a day if you wanted too. Btu if you have over a 1000 games it too you 10x longer to rank up.

We also can agree we like Halo Reach’s massive amounts of ranks and the last 10 where interesting as they weren’t ranks but I liked the idea of having these names. You could include names from characters from the halo games like Enforcer or Zealot that actually make them very cool like. So I believe a simple non-confusing rank/leveling system that an average Halo gamer can understand would be the mix of these 2.

If we mixed Halo 2/3 leveling (true skill) and Halo Reach ranking (progressive ranking) I think you would really like it and it wouldn’t branch off into insanity trying to understand it. The system would be you still get a 1-50 leveling on matchmade games that is simple and fixes the Halo 3 problem with getting stuck at a level or being able to boost up so quickly. And on the side you get a rank for amount of games you have played like reach but you are not stopped like Halo 3 did where you had to achieve a certain rank to reach it.
So you could have games where both teams are around the level 30 on both sides but one team has higher ranks while the other team could be all over the board but since they both have the same level they would be evenly matched like Halo 3.

Also Halo reach’s leveling took way too long to reach Inheritor it takes 2 years to reach the end for a casual halo gamer while even a no lifer it took a year. I think this was insane and in games I hear so many people complaining about how ridiculous it is I mean you go months without going up a rank almost and to get to inheritor it took everything you got to the 2nd to last rank to do all over AGAIN. And now there are some of you that want it 2x or more as long to reach in Halo 4. And sorry to say this but that’s insane and no way should it ever happen. No one wants to spend 5 years causally gaming to reach top rank. Halo 6 would already be making its rumors by then.

It should be about custom games, that’s what Halo is all about anyways when it comes to online. Halo 2 was the best and most entertaining custom games and I had so much fun. I feel Halo has feel from those roots of having fun online to having to take Halo so seriously now.

The level should take about 100 games to get a 50 so even a casual gamer can reach it and solve the leveling problem it had in Halo 3. So that would be about a week but for a no lifer they can do it in 2 days if they really want to but wouldn’t ruin it for others. But making them lose and get stuck at a certain level and for rank it should take 2 - 6 months for the causal gamer to be max rank but if you go on for no sleep playing then it will take you about a month. Also All armors should be based on rank only so the leveling doesn’t get affected by boosting. Many like myself want to use certain armors but we can’t because the armor that we need takes too long. I still need armors for certain machinimas and since I know 343 isn’t willing to just give them out all the armors done with right away. They should make the rank quick to get up.

So overall it should be this: 1-50 level (should take a week to reach 50 at the most) and a rank (and takes 6 months at the most). Simple and quick but not too quick and is fair to those that play other games or done get on as much to have an equal opportunity. So we can get back to appreciating the custom games, forge, firefight and wanting to do Machinimas.

i want it diverse and complex

I want a numerical ranking system that is difficult (win/loss oriented) and thus rewarding to climb. I do not need ranking names, or time-based credits, or any other filler.

100% W/L based. Nothing less.

100% Win/Loss. Kthxbai

I like the idea of having a level for ranked matches and then having a overall rank for both social and and ranked

> i want it diverse and complex

why would you wanna confuse people on how to level with it being complex?

> I want a numerical ranking system that is difficult (win/loss oriented) and thus rewarding to climb. I do not need ranking names, or time-based credits, or any other filler.

rank need to be progressing leveling need to be true skill. works out that way.

> 100% W/L based. Nothing less.

It doesnt work like that. thats what happen to halo 3 dont you remember? you play 20/20 you got an instant level 50 you have 700/1000 and its like 14/20 and unless you win your next 300 matches you will take forever ranking up. theres the halo 3 problem.

> I like the idea of having a level for ranked matches and then having a overall rank for both social and and ranked

good idea but i think ranked is the only one that should count for rank since well thats what rank matches were really about while scial you could still get exp but no rank. maybe different ranks for the 2? idk, id still say just a simple rank and level

> 100% Win/Loss. Kthxbai

Remember it doesnt work since that was the Halo 3 mess up. also how would they determine a 100% win/loss? remember 18/20 match wins equalled the same as output at 900/1000. thats what halo 3 had wrong

Oh sry i forgot to say this in my long post but here it is “If you dont get any kill, captures, etc you get no points”. Other games do this and i think its a great way to deter someone from afking on purpose so the afking wont work even if they do a bot mod to just move around.

100% W/L and K/D is not affected by it.

You know, a 1-50 system is supposed to be hard. The 50 isn’t supposed to be achievable by anyone, even though it already was in Halo 3. But anyway, there should be two separate ranking systems: one system for competitive that is completely win/loss based, and one system for general matchmaking that has some kind of experience system. Neither being incredibly easy to get to the top rank.

The competitive system should be hard enough that any regular Joe couldn’t just play few games of matchmaking and get to 50, achieving it should require skill of beating high level games.

> 100% W/L and K/D is not affected by it.

but how do you find a solution for H3 with the W/L it doesnt work it has a problem how do you fix the W/L

> You know, a 1-50 system is supposed to be hard. The 50 isn’t supposed to be achievable by anyone, even though it already was in Halo 3. But anyway, there should be two separate ranking systems: one system for competitive that is completely win/loss based, and one system for general matchmaking that has some kind of experience system. Neither being incredibly easy to get to the top rank.
>
> The competitive system should be hard enough that any regular Joe couldn’t just play few games of matchmaking and get to 50, achieving it should require skill of beating high level games.

i know its supposed to be hard but look it you play 1000 games and win 700 and another person plays 20 and wins 14 you are equally equivalent. how do you fix that? That was to problem with halo 3 W/L didn’t work. You could reach 50 in 20 matches yet if you played 1000 your ****ed. It should be a leveling 1-50 true skill but fix that problem so I dont have to go a month trying to get up 1 level while someone else can get up in an hour boosting. That’s why in needs a reasonable time frame. If you don’t game as much or do as successful it will take a little bit more time but you wont get stuck like halo 3 while someone is done in a day with reach level 50 after 20 MM. And then a rank next to ur name for how long you have played exp. And it should take you 6 months at most. 6 months isn’t easy but it beat a 1 to 2 year ranking like reach by far. i need to get armors for machinimas so i need a reasonable time frame to reach it while causually gaming for the ranking where is takew 2-6 months sounds fair. anything more is the worn out effect problem like reach.

> We all can agree Halo 2/3 had a great leveling system. No one ever boosted the Halo 2 leveling system because you weren’t reward with anything so you play and it showed who was good at the game and Halo 3 because of some rewards it caused inconclusive results and boosted accounts. But what was worse was the system was broken in that is you played 20 match of Halo 3 lonewolves and won all them 1st place by an outlier you would reach lvl 50 in a day if you wanted too. Btu if you have over a 1000 games it too you 10x longer to rank up.

You have no idea what you are talking about. First of all it is impossible to reach level 50 in 20 games playing lonewolves. Lonewolves is literally the only playlist you can not -EXP boost in.

Second, people might not have boosted ranks in H2, but they sure as hell cheated for them.

Other than that, I agree with most of your thread.

> > We all can agree Halo 2/3 had a great leveling system. No one ever boosted the Halo 2 leveling system because you weren’t reward with anything so you play and it showed who was good at the game and Halo 3 because of some rewards it caused inconclusive results and boosted accounts. But what was worse was the system was broken in that is you played 20 match of Halo 3 lonewolves and won all them 1st place by an outlier you would reach lvl 50 in a day if you wanted too. Btu if you have over a 1000 games it too you 10x longer to rank up.
>
> You have no idea what you are talking about. First of all it is impossible to reach level 50 in 20 games playing lonewolves. Lonewolves is literally the only playlist you can not -EXP boost in.
>
> Second, people might not have boosted ranks in H2, but they sure as hell cheated for them.
>
> Other than that, I agree with most of your thread.

Actually i know exactly wat i am talking about.

You dont rank up with exp in Halo 3. you level up with W/L and yes i had a friend who was too good at Halo 3 it took him 20 to 30 matchs and he was a level 50 and sold his account and got another. sold about 20 accounts that little kids bought so they didnt earn the level they just bought the accounts and never played ranked MM and only social untill they get 5000 exp to be a 5 star general. so while people bought level 50s i was stuck at level 35 not able to rank up because of the bs leveling.

Yes people hacked for level 50s in Halo 2 and then got banned because that was the only ban hammer in H2 and it was amazing. You only got banned for hacking in Halo 2 for hacking in MM auto aim, wall hack, etc but everything else you were safe to have fun.

Yes the ranking in reach take to long to leave up so in halo 4 the ranking need to be simplified like in halo 3 with halo reach ranks

I would love for it to be similar to Halo 3’s. I enjoyed getting my rank up, but then also having EXP to add to that rank. So I’m going with 99% W/L based, 1% earning EXP.

In addition to that; I only want to get 1 exp per game, and lose 1 exp per quit. It seemed to make people not want to quit in Halo 3.