Halo 4 Needs A New Variety Of Guns

Hey 343, thanks for making one of the most fun games in the world. However, I just have one complaint, there needs to be more weapons! Even though Halo is very fun, the only guns I see being used are the DMR or Battle Rifle. Same old guns every match. There needs to be more weapons like Call Of Duty, because Halo is getting boring just being in a gun fight with the same old guns. When fighting an enemy, there is no mystery in their loadout, everyone knows that their either going to have a DMR or Battle Rifle, jetpack, explosives, and plasma grenades.

Please take note of my opinion and maybe take action. I think that Halo will beat Call Of Duty if there are more guns, and less ordinances. See you on the battlefield Spartan!

Don’t ever mention a word ‘Call of Duty’ while posting something and even when saying this: ‘There needs to be more weapons like Call Of Duty’ because that never ends well.

Trust me.

About topic, because there are loadouts, maybe equip under-rated weapons like Storm Rifle and it will feel different.

Or maybe pick-up weapons like shotguns or swords.

Halo has plenty of weapons. They are all unique and play differently. They just added Promethean weapons this game.

Unless its bringing back Incen grenades or Spiker or Brute Shot…

No. Just No.

You lost me at “Call of Duty”.

Stop using the DMR then.

These are the primaries that you can use:

Battle Rifle
Light Rifle
Carbine
Assault Rifle
Storm Rifle
Suppressor

These are the Secondaries:

Magnum
Boltshot
Plasma Pistol

There are more than enough load-out weapons. As for power weapons, there are too many.

I’d like to see them bring back:

ODST SMG
Plasma Rifle
Focus Rifle
Brute Shot
Plasma Launcher
Flame Thrower
Missile Pod
Sentinel Beam
Spike Grenade
Spiker
Needle Rifle

I’d just be cool to see all the weapons in one game. Even if it’s just in custom games and forge.

I agree there should be more guns, but not clones of already existing guns. We need weapons like the Grenade Launcher which can bounce off of walls and has an alternate firing mode. Or the Needler which is a completely unique functioning weapon.

We don’t need any more DMR/BR type weapons, those niches are already being filled and it’s utterly pointless to make more of them. As someone once said, if the AR and SR are different enough to coexist, I see no reason why the Sticky Det and Grenade Launcher can’t.

It’s not more weapons, its more unique weapons. There’s nothing incredibly unique about them I would of loved that stasis gun.

They would just be differing skins with overlapping purposes. At least past Halo games were games not afraid to admit that only a fraction of the sandbox in any game is actually worthwhile.

1. Poor weapon balance kills variety because only a few items are chosen by the majority.

2. Having more weapons =/= more variety. The Forerunner sandbox for instance is basically just reskinned human weapons.

> They would just be differing skins with overlapping purposes.

This trend started with Halo 2 and Halo 3.

In Halo CE, no single weapon functions the same.

In Halo Reach, some weapons function the same but most are different from one another.

> 1. Poor weapon balance kills variety because only a few items are chosen by the majority.
>
> 2. Having more weapons =/= more variety. The Forerunner sandbox for instance is basically just reskinned human weapons.
>
>
>
> > They would just be differing skins with overlapping purposes.
>
> This trend started with Halo 2 and Halo 3.
>
> In Halo CE, no single weapon functions the same.
>
> In Halo Reach, some weapons function the same but most are different from one another.

Unfortunately he’s right. :confused:

Although minor differentiation is good as I’d prefer an assault rifle over the other automatic loadout weapons even though another guy may prefer the storm rifle.