Halo 4 Needed Additions/Changes/Fixes Thread

War Games/Custom Games**
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bring back Alpha Zombies!
That means no armor abilities, Alpha Zombies have unlimited sprint, one shot headshots with pistol, and last man standing can withstand 2 hits. Just like classic Infection from Reach.
Basic Slayer
Add a game type where you get to use your loadouts except there are no armor abilities, packages or ordnance. Just plain and simple gun battles with weapons and grenades from your loadouts.
Loadout Characteristics
Make it so in Custom Games, certain loadouts have different player traits. What if I want a swift class with high speed and low health with a pistol, and at the same time have a slow, high health loadout with a SAW? It would open up lots of new possibilities and would make Custom Games so much better and more amazing.
Disable Sprint/Enable Descope
Make these options in Custom Games. Add both of these options to the Loadout Characteristics.
Preferred Weapon Skins
Add the option to select your preferred skin for all loadout weapons so that when you play in a game where there are pre-set loadouts, you can still have your favorite skin.
Playing as Elites
Come on 343, you know we all want the option to be able to play as Elites. It was possible in Reach in some circumstances and I believe in Halo 3 you can play as an Elite whenever you want, but no longer in 4. If you do add Elites, add armor to the Elites that you can use to show off unlike in Reach. Make it so you unlock the armor by completing Covenant specific challenges/commendations so that players can truly show their love for the Covenant.

Forge

Scripted Events
Not sure how CPU intensive this would be. This would completely change Forge as we know it and make it something totally amazing. There would be SO MUCH more possibilities and potential for amazing content. Take a look at TimeSplitters: Future Perfect. It would be like that but more sophisticated and advanced. There would be many specific triggers with multiple parameters able to be set for a single trigger. Be able to set variables which triggers can modify while also allowing variables to be used as triggers.

Forge World
Please bring back Forge World. It was so huge! You could build a large base in the Coliseum, have long distances bases in the canyon, explore/expand the caves, or even use the entirety of the Forge World as a large adventure map. Please bring it back. You will gain the ever growing love of the Forging community. And in Halo 4 it will open up lots of new possibilities. Do that, or build your own.

Themed Pieces
Add different themed pieces to Forge. Imagine a 5x5 block that was Covenant themed? Make it purple with green detailing? Or have Forerunner themed blocks with a silver, shiny look.

Hornets
Please, 343, add a Hornet! Falcons were so amazing in Reach, being able to transport troops from A to B quickly was amazing and was a great support vehicle. The Hornet would be even more amazing because it would have a machine gun and rockets for the pilot. Not sure why they didn’t add it in the first place. Do it, the community would be so happy! I assume you didn’t do it because of relatively small maps, but now Forge Island is out and they would be amazing.

Heavy Air Vehicles
That means Pelican and Phantom. These would be amazing on Forge World because there is so much land. Pelicans of course have a Spartan Laser for the pilot, and an AA turret on the top, with 2 side turrets, and can carry up to (I think) 16 passengers. Now Phantoms would be amazing if they added Elites, because it would add to the feel of a Phantom assaulting a base. Phantom would have the cannon on the bottom, 2 plasma cannons on the sides, and players can drop out of the hatch on the bottom. Also give it the ability to lock down in the air and deploy the gravity beam that comes out the bottom to allow players to fly back into the Phantom.

Transport Warthog
Any of you guys ever seen the Warthog in the Reach intro cutscene? It is basically just a Warthog without a turret. I assume it is mainly used for cargo transport, but in battle it would be useful for transport. 3 man or 4 man transport at one time. Either would be awesome.

Colored Mongooses
Remember colored Mongooses from Reach? They were cool because they could represent team Mongooses. Bring them back. Not a major feature but would still be nice. Better yet, make all vehicles color-able. Imagine a red Warthog or a yellow Ghost. Or even a green Wraith. :smiley:

Fine Tuning & Zoom
For those of you who don’t know, in Reach you could very precisely move objects if Edit Coordinates just wasn’t doing you justice. And you could also get better precision while doing so and when just carrying large objects where the camera is far away with zooming.

Larger Budget/Cost Reduction
I have no idea why the budget is so low in Forge. Forge is capable of so much more the the budget allows. Over 10x more at least. Modded gametypes let you have well over 100x the amount than the game currently allows. That is 1,000,000 dollars compared to the measly 10,000 the game allows. I think 25,000 would be an amazing change to the budget. Even if it were 15,000 instead of 10,000 it would be amazing. Do that or get rid of the ridiculous prices of objects like railings being 50 dollars when a wall coliseum is only 10. It would cost about 4000 dollars to make a structure as big as a 10 dollar coliseum wall with railings.

Select All
Add an option to grab all objects in your world or select a radius to grab. It would just be such a major convenience and a feature there is just no reason not to add.

Spartan Ops

Lag
Get rid of the lag! Whenever I play Spartan Ops online I always have about a half a second delay on my button inputs. Makes it impossible to play Spartan Ops online.

Kick Idlers
Kick Idlers after 300 seconds, or 5 minutes of not moving. When all of our squad mates are dead, we don’t want to spawn on the idler 3 miles away from the objective at the start of the level.

Champions Bundle not working
Any extra content that you obtained in the Champions Bundle does not work in Spartan Ops. This includes armor, weapon skins, Tactical Packages and Support Upgrades.

Theater

Montage-like Editing
Make it so that while watching a film, you can hit a button and it will start recording a clip, similar to what you can do now, but when you stop recording the clip, you can start recording more and more and then add them together in the Theater. That way you can upload films to your file share where multiple clips are put together. Good for montages or machinimas that can be downloaded straight from the file share and watched in the Theater.

Miscellaneous

Vertical Splitscreen
Add the option to enable a vertical split when in 2 player splitscreen. Cut off the bottom and top of the screen so that both players’ screens are square. So you can kinda play splitscreen in full screen.

Hold to Zoom
Add the option to disable the “hold to zoom” mechanic. I usually unscope because I accidentally held the trigger for a quarter of a second.

Add your suggestions if you have any. Halo 4 has the potential to be so much more. Who knows how long after Halo 5 is out they will stop supporting this game? It is the last Halo on Xbox 360 and they need to make it the best it can possibly be before they stop supporting it. Some people don’t want to spend 500 dollars on a new console plus 60 for the game, and those people who don’t will be missing out big time on something that can be so much more.

> War Games/Custom Games**
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Bring back Alpha Zombies!
> That means no armor abilities, Alpha Zombies have unlimited sprint, one shot headshots with pistol, and last man standing can withstand 2 hits. Just like classic Infection from Reach.
> Basic Slayer
> Add a game type where you get to use your loadouts except there are no armor abilities, packages or ordnance. Just plain and simple gun battles with weapons and grenades from your loadouts.
> Loadout Characteristics
> Make it so in Custom Games, certain loadouts have different player traits. What if I want a swift class with high speed and low health with a pistol, and at the same time have a slow, high health loadout with a SAW? It would open up lots of new possibilities and would make Custom Games so much better and more amazing.
> Disable Sprint/Enable Descope
> Make these options in Custom Games. Add both of these options to the Loadout Characteristics.
> Playing as Elites
> **Come on 343, you know we all want the option to be able to play as Elites. It was possible in Reach in some circumstances and I believe in Halo 3 you can play as an Elite whenever you want, but no longer in 4. If you do add Elites, add armor to the Elites that you can use to show off unlike in Reach. Make it so you unlock the armor by completing Covenant specific challenges/commendations so that players can truly show their love for the Covenant.
[/quote]

1. Reach’s Infection is already modded into Halo 4. Just search the File Share.**
    > 2. Make it yourself. Halo 4 isn’t built around the old format.
    > 3. That was never feasible in previous Halo titles. I’d have to say that is more advanced than we can handle at the moment.
    > 4. Disabling Sprint exists, it’s just hidden (check: Lightning Flag). Descoping has been removed entirely.
    > 5. Why would you want to play as an Elite when everything you do is a simulation aboard a human research vessel?
  1. Reach’s Infection is already modded into Halo 4. Just search the File Share.
  2. Make it yourself. Halo 4 isn’t built around the old format.
  3. That was never feasible in previous Halo titles. I’d have to say that is more advanced than we can handle at the moment.
  4. Disabling Sprint exists, it’s just hidden (check: Lightning Flag). Descoping has been removed entirely.
  5. Why would you want to play as an Elite when everything you do is a simulation aboard a human research vessel?
    [/quote]
    1: Not in matchmaking
    2: Not in matchmaking
    3: I highly doubt we can’t ‘handle’ it. They already let you edit loadouts, just add a player traits tab to each loadout
    4: Won’t you have to play CTF if you want to modify Lightning CTF? And modders have implemented Descope in Modded Gametypes, I am more than sure 343i can do it.
    5: Because it is still multiplayer and most people don’t care that it would go against canon. But after all, if Spartans are training for war, why would they be Elites? Well they can just add it to Custom Games. Because I highly doubt Custom Games is meant to be canon. If it is, and they let Spartans play some of the most crazy and ridiculous game types that have nothing to do with their training, then I don’t see why they can’t play as an Elite.

All categories are now filled.

Poll now added also.