Halo 4: My take on it's combat evolving.

People continue to complain about Halo 4’s changes, and how it’s like Call of Duty. Let’s remember, CoD’s formula is very popular, and boasts some features that are actually good, so why refuse to add them to Halo if it makes the game better? People will argue that it “Removes competition”, or that it’s not “Balanced”. Last time I checked, Life wasn’t balanced at all, yet it’s the most competitive thing in existence. I’m not saying H4 is perfect, either. Anything but that, which is why I wrote the list of ideas below. From what I’ve gathered, this is what needs to happen:

>Weapon balance issues:

~DMR OP; Give it bloom similar to Reach so it may not be used as much in Close quarters, giving it a niche
~Carbine UP; Give it a small amount of shield vampirism, every shot does a little more (with an indicator)
~Storm Rifle; Give it the vampirism aspect as well (possibly all covie plasma weapons?)
~Boltshot (-Yoink-); Increase scatter range, decrease damage to two charge shots, slightly longer charge time
~Pulse grenades; Give it higher EMP damage, and splash damage upon destruction; let the orb be shot-down
~Turrets; Increase damage
~Melee weapons; Increase usage %

>Vehicles

~All; more health/damage resistance
~Scorpion; Increase turret and tread speed
~Wraith; Decrease boost time

>Ordinance

~Better balance; ALWAYS 1 weapons on bottom slot, 1 powerup on right, 1 AA or Grenades on left

>>Weapons likelihood;
–SAW = 10%
–Sticky Det. = 20%
–Rocket Lawn-chair = 5%
–Fuel rod = 15%
–Sn1p3r r1fl3 = 15%
–Beam rifle = 10%
–Energy Sword = 15%
–Gravity Ham-rove = 5%
–Binary rifle = 3%
–Incineration cannon = 2%

>>Powerups likelihood;
–Damage boost = 25%
–Speed boost = 25%
–Overshield = 25%
–(New) Perfect Active Camo = 25%

>>Nade’/AA likelihood;
–Frag 2x = 10%
–Plasma 2x = 10%
–Pulse 2x = 10%
–Frag 3x (refill) = 5%
–Plasma 3x (refill) = 5%
–Pulse 3x (refill) = 5%
–Pelvic-Thruster pack = 10%
–Promethean vision (wall-hack) = 10%
–Not-so-Hardlight shield = 10%
–Not-so-active camo = 10%
–Hologram = 10%
–Auto-bots assemble! (autosentry) = 5%
–Phoenix Down (Regen field) = 5%
–(New) Drop-shield = 5%
–(New) Lucifer (Armor-lock) = 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

Thanks for reading this horrendously long post, if you have anything to add, please comment below. Also, keep in mind my opinion presented here is trying to keep everyone in-mind, gameplay wise. I did not add anything about gametypes, as I think we would all love to have every single one every featured in the game, so why bother writing about it. Anyways, thanks again for reading, share your 3 cents below pl0x.

This isnt a slots game, why all the percentages? Why inceneration cannon at such a low percent? What if the enemy has all the vehicles?

> This isnt a slots game, why all the percentages? Why inceneration cannon at such a low percent? What if the enemy has all the vehicles?

For balancing purposes, giving vehicles a better chance on the field, as many players have complained about other players getting powerful ordinance quickly and blowing all vehicles to pieces. The Incineration cannon is the BFG on steroids; it’s an omega weapon. If the enemy has all of the vehicles you can use plasma nades’ and a plasma pistol, i.e strategy.

Amen to this idea Except Lucifer O_O

If you decrease the likelyhood of getting a Binary Rifle or Incineration Cannon, if one player gets one it’s unlikely many others will, and they will have a sole and large advantage against everyone else. This goes back to the whole luck vs. skill controversy.

> If you decrease the likelihood of getting a Binary Rifle or Incineration Cannon, if one player gets one it’s unlikely many others will, and they will have a sole and large advantage against everyone else. This goes back to the whole luck vs. skill controversy.

So explain to me how people dealt with others having the Rocket launcher, or the Spartan laser in Halo 3, when there was only one on the map?

> Amen to this idea Except Lucifer O_O

You don’t miss it yet?

Sorry for necro-posting/bumping, I just really need the community to weigh in on what i presented before anything rash happens.