Halo 4: MVP

With 343 Industries’ announcement that they intend to bring back the competitiveness to Halo 4, I’d like to plead the case for the MVP feature. It made it easier to see who made the best effort during the game and in a case where both teams had a guy with, let’s say 18 kills, it factored in their deaths, medals, and possible betrayals to show us who the true Lord of the match was.

Who here didn’t love the feeling of seeing your “portrait” up over the top medals back in Halo 3?

Side-note to 343i: Speaking of top medals, don’t you dare make First Strike a constant top medal in Halo 4! Don’t you dare!

Also Legendary medals need to be displayed in the top medals aswell

> With 343 Industries’ announcement that they intend to bring back the competitiveness to Halo 4, I’d like to plead the case for the MVP feature. It made it easier to see who made the best effort during the game and in a case where both teams had a guy with, let’s say 18 kills, it factored in their deaths, medals, and possible betrayals to show us who the true Lord of the match was.
>
> Who here didn’t love the feeling of seeing your “portrait” up over the top medals back in Halo 3?
>
> Side-note to 343i: Speaking of top medals, don’t you dare make First Strike a constant top medal in Halo 4! Don’t you dare!

MVP was a nice feature but it didn’t really show who was the best player in the game.

If both teams had a player with 18 kills then it would always be the player on the losing team who became MVP. Medals and betrayals had no effect on that.

You could say the same about objective games. MVP was just about getting the most hill time, flag captures and ball time. Getting 0 kills and 3 flag caps shouldn’t get someone the MVP award.

There are too many factors imo to decide who the MVP was.

I agree with First Strike not being a top medal. Why would a First Strike be better than an Unfrigginbelievable? Doesn’t make sense.

I agree, this feature needs to come back.

I’m ok if it returns or not, but if it does, it’ll be a fun thing to see again.

Yes!

> > With 343 Industries’ announcement that they intend to bring back the competitiveness to Halo 4, I’d like to plead the case for the MVP feature. It made it easier to see who made the best effort during the game and in a case where both teams had a guy with, let’s say 18 kills, it factored in their deaths, medals, and possible betrayals to show us who the true Lord of the match was.
> >
> > Who here didn’t love the feeling of seeing your “portrait” up over the top medals back in Halo 3?
> >
> > Side-note to 343i: Speaking of top medals, don’t you dare make First Strike a constant top medal in Halo 4! Don’t you dare!
>
> MVP was a nice feature but it didn’t really show who was the best player in the game.
>
> If both teams had a player with 18 kills then it would always be the player on the losing team who became MVP. Medals and betrayals had no effect on that.
>
> You could say the same about objective games. MVP was just about getting the most hill time, flag captures and ball time. Getting 0 kills and 3 flag caps shouldn’t get someone the MVP award.
>
> There are too many factors imo to decide who the MVP was.
>
>
> I agree with First Strike not being a top medal. Why would a First Strike be better than an Unfrigginbelievable? Doesn’t make sense.

I just assumed that it took medals and deaths into consideration, it was still a nice feature, though.

As for the Objective thing, I disagree with you. In CTF getting kills isn’t going to win the game for you, it can hamper the enemy team’s efforts, but other than that it’s useless. The one who bothers doing the objective certainly is the most valuable player of that team, as it is the player that directly causes victory.

> You could say the same about objective games. MVP was just about getting the most hill time, flag captures and ball time. Getting 0 kills and 3 flag caps shouldn’t get someone the MVP award.

Please tell me you’re not being serious with this, of course that person should get MVP, considering they would have basically won the game for their team. I know people that focus on killing would help the guy but still…

OT: Yeah I’d like to see the MVP feature return, don’t see why not really.

> > You could say the same about objective games. MVP was just about getting the most hill time, flag captures and ball time. Getting 0 kills and 3 flag caps shouldn’t get someone the MVP award.
>
> Please tell me you’re not being serious with this, of course that person should get MVP, considering they would have basically won the game for their team. I know people that focus on killing would help the guy but still…
>
> OT: Yeah I’d like to see the MVP feature return, don’t see why not really.

Maybe I should have worded it differently.
What I meant was that I don’t think player X should become MVP if player Y on the team got the flag all the way from the enemy base to their own, dies and player X just picks it up and scores.

To determine the MVP there should be more factors. The carry distance is one thing that should be taken into that.

I believe that was one reason why Bungie never implemented Objective into Arena. Arena was about individual performance before they changed it to Win/Loss. They just couldn’t find a good formula to rate players in Objective games.

> > > You could say the same about objective games. MVP was just about getting the most hill time, flag captures and ball time. Getting 0 kills and 3 flag caps shouldn’t get someone the MVP award.
> >
> > Please tell me you’re not being serious with this, of course that person should get MVP, considering they would have basically won the game for their team. I know people that focus on killing would help the guy but still…
> >
> > OT: Yeah I’d like to see the MVP feature return, don’t see why not really.
>
> Maybe I should have worded it differently.
> What I meant was that I don’t think player X should become MVP if player Y on the team got the flag all the way from the enemy base to their own, dies and player X just picks it up and scores.
>
> To determine the MVP there should be more factors. The carry distance is one thing that should be taken into that.
>
> I believe that was one reason why Bungie never implemented Objective into Arena. Arena was about individual performance before they changed it to Win/Loss. They just couldn’t find a good formula to rate players in Objective games.

I see what you are getting at now, I guess if some player did zero work to get a flag cap and still gets MVP well yeah that’s not great… I’d like to think that they could/would make improvments to the MVP choice system if it returned.

My world doesn’t collapse if it’s not there but it would be really cool feature. :slight_smile:

I think it’d be interesting! I don’t really care if it doesn’t return, but yeah, it’d be cool!

One thing I noticed, whenever you view a game’s stats on Waypoint, there is a “Top Player” designation. MVP designation in disguise, perhaps?

I’m all game for mvp coming back.

I just played a game of Halo: Reach where I got all the top medals (I hate that I HAD to get the first kill to accomplish this, btw) and I was sad not to see my picture up there above them. I don’t mean to sound like an angry old elitist, but boy do I miss the days when recognition was given where recognition was earned.

I really hope they re-instate the whole MVP thing in Halo 4. I know it’s a very small and seemingly unimportant feature, but you what they say; the devil is in the details.

> With 343 Industries’ announcement that they intend to bring back the competitiveness to Halo 4, I’d like to plead the case for the MVP feature. It made it easier to see who made the best effort during the game and in a case where both teams had a guy with, let’s say 18 kills, it factored in their deaths, medals, and possible betrayals to show us who the true Lord of the match was.
>
> Who here didn’t love the feeling of seeing your “portrait” up over the top medals back in Halo 3?
>
> Side-note to 343i: Speaking of top medals, don’t you dare make First Strike a constant top medal in Halo 4! Don’t you dare!

I loved the MVP but also top medals needs to be fixed! No more first strike up there every time please