Halo 4 must have Free Xbox to PC rendering

Please? Halo film-making is huge, seeing as you guys are so close to RoosterTeeh why not give us more tools to help make us film-makers? Bungie did this with the introduction of theatre in Halo 3, Reach didn’t really add to it, but cmon 343 at least FREE rendering for us this time, capture cards are expensive, and Halo machinimas are huge, why not give us the tools to make Movies easily and more effectively?

I hope for some theatre info soon, Console to PC rendering will be enough for me.

Agreed. I thought it was unfair how if we relied on monthly Bungie render points, it reset to 5 every month instead of accumulating. And why the hell did it have to be Amazon? Why not purchasable with Microsoft points?

Anyways, I have a -Yoink- video capture device and I don’t want to go get an extravagant one since I usually just upload 1 time watch videos and don’t really depend on tags to get viewers.

after the game gone gold !

> Agreed. I thought it was unfair how if we relied on monthly Bungie render points, it reset to 5 every month instead of accumulating. And why the hell did it have to be Amazon? Why not purchasable with Microsoft points?
>
> Anyways, I have a Yoink! video capture device and I don’t want to go get an extravagant one since I usually just upload 1 time watch videos and don’t really depend on tags to get viewers.

Many games, even EA ones can you believe, offer a free console to PC render system, if Halo thinks it’s going to be anywhere near as good at making machinima’s as it was, it needs to step up its game.

I think a paid service with unlimited rendering.

Or just buy a HDPVR, it maybe cost a bit but hey, you can render HD full gameplays! :smiley:

> I think a paid service with unlimited rendering.

Why paid? It’s completely unnecessary, games like Skate and Black ops have free rendering systems.

> Or just buy a HDPVR, it maybe cost a bit but hey, you can render HD full gameplays! :smiley:

But for a game that used to be the home of machimas it doesn’t make sense that i should have to buy a $200 capture card when most online games have Free console to PC rendering systems, especially when Halo has fileshares.

Forza, Black Ops, Skate 1, Skate 2, Skate 3 and i’m sure there’s more, all had free rendering systems.

Gaming captures are not that expensive, plus you will still have to edit videos and put in your voice. Also, many machinimas sometimes incorporate creations from programs such as adobe after effects or sony vegas.

> Gaming captures are not that expensive, plus you will still have to edit videos and put in your voice. Also, many machinimas sometimes incorporate creations from programs such as <mark>adobe after effects or sony vegas.</mark>

I have both, downloading my clips from waypoint in HD is alot easier than paying 200 bucks for a capture card. And yes $200 is expensive, it’s more than the xbox itself

> > Gaming captures are not that expensive, plus you will still have to edit videos and put in your voice. Also, many machinimas sometimes incorporate creations from programs such as <mark>adobe after effects or sony vegas.</mark>
>
> I have both, downloading my clips from waypoint in HD is alot easier than paying 200 bucks for a capture card. And yes $200 is expensive, it’s more than the xbox itself

After effecs costs around 200$ just to upgrade. And Sony vegas costs 600$. And you can’t pay 150$ for a roxio ? O.o

It would be a nice feature. It would also help the popularity of Halo by providing easier access to montage making.

Buy a capture card and stop being cheap if you really want to invest in such you have to commit.

Many game companies already do this for free, why should halo “the home of machinima” force us to pay.

> Buy a capture card and stop being cheap if you really want to invest in such you have to commit.

K i’ll pay as much for a new xbox just to record my gameplay, when every other developer out there has invested into free rendering technology.

Agreed! Do this 343.

> > > > Gaming captures are not that expensive, plus you will still have to edit videos and put in your voice. Also, many machinimas sometimes incorporate creations from programs such as <mark>adobe after effects or sony vegas.</mark>
> > >
> > > I have both, downloading my clips from waypoint in HD is alot easier than paying 200 bucks for a capture card. And yes $200 is expensive, it’s more than the xbox itself
> >
> > After effecs costs around 200$ just to upgrade. And Sony vegas costs 600$. And you can’t pay 150$ for a roxio ? O.o
>
> You do realize everybody who has Sony Vegas and after effects does something different to actually obtain it, unless you work for a big editing company.
>
> You wont find a single youtube who plays games that has actually ____ sony vegas.
>
> Not implying anything.

So. you didn’t had to paid the 800$ to get both programs, why not be happy with that?

> > Buy a capture card and stop being cheap if you really want to invest in such you have to commit.
>
> K i’ll pay as much for a new xbox just to record my gameplay, when every other developer out there has invested into free rendering technology.

150$ isn’t much for something you can use for years.

> > > Buy a capture card and stop being cheap if you really want to invest in such you have to commit.
> >
> > K i’ll pay as much for a new xbox just to record my gameplay, when every other developer out there has invested into free rendering technology.
>
> 150$ isn’t much for something you can use for years.

$0 isn’t much for something that is already commonly free across most popular multiplayer games, Halo being the “home of machinima” it would make sense to implement this

Dude, people didn’t buy the ten dollar map packs. What makes you think they want to spend 80x that on hardware and software just for Halo?